Famitsu 21st May Digital Issue Out Now

VincentASM

There are some really bizarre map sprites in this image. I wonder what kind of classes are those. Nosferatu?

E6aATaS.jpg

The left one looks like the bottom of Camilla's Wyvern, and the right one is certainly Elise. You can even see her twintails!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also the funny thing is; dual games didn't upset me, phoenix mode didn't bother me, but no unique weapon icons? That's actually getting to me.

*Raises hand* I'm annoyed by this too.

Status staves confirmed?

With no UI evidence to support this, I highly doubt it.

Question, are hidden weapons a variety of all sorts of items?

It's a brand new weapon type wielded by Butlers, Maids and Ninjas, encompassing easily-concealed weapons such as throwing knives and shurikens.

Before, the weapon types in Awakening were Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Magic and Dragonstone, but now there is one extra: Hidden Weapon (I have a feeling it might be "Knife" in the English version).

It's a brand new weapon type wielded by Butlers, Maids and Ninjas, encompassing easily-concealed weapons such as throwing knives and shurikens.

Before, the weapon types in Awakening were Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Magic and Dragonstone, but now there is one extra: Hidden Weapon (I have a feeling it might be "Knife" in the English version).

Poor Beaststone, if only your class made you worth mentioning. :P:

Thanks. I think IS might localize hidden weapons into concealed weapons or of the sorts.

Hehe, I'm more worried about the length, rather than the ambiguous meaning.

You've got weapons like "Iron Hidden-Weapon", which sound like a mouthful and just aren't gonna fit on the status screen.

Whereas we already had Knives in Radiant Dawn (albeit they weren't "Hidden Weapons" in Japanese, but they were "Light Weapons", so I guess it's close?) and Shurikens are... kinda knives?

The weapon type might be concealed weapon or hidden weapon, while the actual weapons will be named as what they are, like a knife or a shuriken. So you'd have an iron knife, that is a hidden weapon, rather than an iron hidden weapon. That's how I'd do it anyway.

So... phoenix mode, huhhhh...?

That's sounds... interesting, to say the least. :s

Nothing against the mode. Is just another difficulty to choose.

Edited by Solaris

So... phoenix mode, huhhhh...?

That's sounds... interesting, to say the least. :s

Nothing against the mode. Is just another difficulty to choose.

Hehe, Dengeki doesn't even make a big deal of it.

I was indifferent at first, but I actually like Phoenix Mode now.

This might sound silly to hardcore gamers like us, but some people don't play games for the difficulty, but for the story or experience.

In fact, there are some games I want to play, but I don't want to actually "play", if you get my drift. Why I don't bother to just Youtube the story... well, it's technically infringing on copyrights and it just doesn't feel the same as having the game in your hand.

Hehe, I'm more worried about the length, rather than the ambiguous meaning.

You've got weapons like "Iron Hidden-Weapon", which sound like a mouthful and just aren't gonna fit on the status screen.

Whereas we already had Knives in Radiant Dawn (albeit they weren't "Hidden Weapons" in Japanese, but they were "Light Weapons", so I guess it's close?) and Shurikens are... kinda knives?

I'm not too familiar with localization processes but maybe they'll shorten it down to a single word and call them "Concealables" since that could be a pretty general term for both Knives, Shuriken or any kind of hidden weapon.

Edited by arvilino

• It seems we're calling Rinka/Linca's class "Oni," but the knaji for her class is 鬼人. Only the first kanji is pronounced Oni. The two together don't have a meaning or pronunciation, but there is a character (from Touhou) named 鬼人 which is pronounced Kijin. The first kanji means Demon and the second means Person. That can be a specific type of Japanese demon or just a demon/monster in general, but usually the specific type. Her necklace of large, round beads and her horned headdress both reflect the imagery of the Oni in Japanese culture. Based on the class name, I wonder if she is supposed to be half-human, half-oni or something like that. Or perhaps it's some sort of berserker-type class.

That'd be cool, although if she could transform into a monster she'd be the first in the series who could wield weapons in her human form wouldn't she?

Because Sakura gets a bow upon promotion

I wasn't aware. Must be a new class. Still seems like it puts her at a disadvantage in the early game compared to Felicia.

Yeah, me too XD I don't give a damn about the removal of weapon durability, but the fact that there are no unique weapon icons made me furious. Guess I'm weird like that XDD

Bothers me too. Seems like an unnecessary removal of a nice aesthetic feature.

Chainey/Gato were using weapons since the first game.

On the topic of If, while they're making cool new classes, Commando/Chameleon should come back.

Edited by Baldrick

^ well they couldn't transform but it does give precedent that dragons/Manaketes can learn how to fight without dragons stones, well learn to use magic and staves anyway. Gotoh even gives precedent imo for Lethran to use magic and staves, even though he is a laguz who also can't transform. And the main reasons for them not having stones probably is game balance, and the reason they don't transform (i think) is that they broke/used up their stones, but i don't see how just having a stone prevents you from using a weapon/magic.

^ well they couldn't transform but it does give precedent that dragons/Manaketes can learn how to fight without dragons stones, well learn to use magic and staves anyway. Gotoh even gives precedent imo for Lethran to use magic and staves, even though he is a laguz who also can't transform. And the main reasons for them not having stones probably is game balance, and the reason they don't transform (i think) is that they broke/used up their stones, but i don't see how just having a stone prevents you from using a weapon/magic.

...I was asking what others considered, I know what they are. Because someone wasn't apparently counting Gotoh and Xane when we were talking about Kamui.