Character Discussion

(woo this is my first post)

Let's discuss the characters' potential personalities because who doesn't love speculation!

Ryouma: For me, he gives off a very disciplined, yet brotherly feel- someone who's very reliable. But I don't see a fully compassionate person- at least to people that isn't his family (remember how he almost immediately attacked Kamui when they chose Nohr?). I think this may be because the man we saw get killed by the archers in the second trailer was the father of the Hoshidan royals; so after he died, Ryouma had to take up the responsibility of leading the entire faction at a young age (I'm assuming late teens / early 20s?), thus having to become colder / less merciful in order to lead his people. (all hail lobster lord)

Takumi: I don't know about you guys, but I really like this character so far (and his glorious ponytail).

"In order to make others acknowledge his strength, he trains to perfect his martial arts. Personality-wise, he is strongly distrusting of others."

He’s most likely a very responsible, dedicated person- like this brother. Takumi is probably the one Ryouma would hand leadership over to, if the situation requires it (he seems like the ideal co-captain) I also have a feeling that Takumi will be the most careful of the Hoshidan siblings. I mean, look at this picture, he's the only one keeping watch for potential threats. Unfortunately, this means he's probably the one sibling that doesn't quite welcome you fully, assuming you choose Hoshido. But, perhaps that'll change after some well-written support conversations!

I also think that one of Takumi's tropes will be the "I've always lived in my brother's shadow, so I must perfect my art in order to be recognized". Not only does this give me da feels, it gives Takumi a lot of potential depth- for a character whose dialogue we haven't even heard yet.

Hinoka: Everyone can go home because Hinoka is best waifu. Hinoka is probably going to be quite the serious one, only lightening up for family, friends, and her pegasus. Now, this may sound somewhat ridiculous, but maybe Hinoka being the only mounted unit in her family means something deep? Like, maybe she has this secret urge to be able to fly around the world and explore, but her position as a royal has prevented her to do so? I can totally imagine Hinoka being this stern, somewhat humorless character, but as soon as someone mentions something remotely related to adventuring, she suddenly becomes super enthusiastic & hyper, and starts rambling on about the most danger-and-rich-filled places in the world. idk. Hinoka is very precious to me (if that wasn’t already obvious).

Getting back on topic, I think Hinoka isn’t a leader in terms of politics, but rather in battle. One of Takumi & Hinoka’s parallels may be that Takumi can lead his people/citizens, while Hinoka can lead an army. I just get this feeling that Hinoka is adept at battle tactics, fighting in general, and she’s brave. And when I say brave, I mean she will lead the frontlines and stay in the frontlines until the battle is won.

Sakura: Meh. Sakura is adorable and all, but I’m not expecting a whole lot of depth in character for her. Though, the formality she uses with Kamui is cute, and can perhaps be used as a plot device for support conversations between them. Maybe she’ll be really excited about meeting her new sibling, but is too shy/hesitant about using informal terms so their conversations will be about Kamui trying to get her to be more comfortable around them? idk.

-

Marx: Aesthetic-wise, his hair reminds me of Virion for some odd reason and I can’t get the image out of my head. Personality-wise, he’s obviously very similar to Ryouma. Marx will probably be very close to Kamui, but will not hesitate to attack them when they threaten the kingdom. This makes me cry inside because the idea of teen-Marx teaching kid-Kamui how to fight with a sword does give me da feels. Who knew his baby sibling would be one of the foes he would have to defeat?

Leon: His character’s design is delicious and I want him. Unfortunately, his personality description isn’t as interesting as I hoped it’d be.

“Unlike his brother, he is an adept at sorcery. He’s a genius who can skilfully handle anything.”

I think my problem with this description is mainly the wording. I would’ve personally focused on how freaking metal Leon is, I mean, he doesn’t even look like he’s trying, and yet he’s creating an aura that’s making rocks fly all over the place! Leon may be a genius, but he’s looking to be a dangerous genius (and that sounds waaay more interesting).

Ten bucks says he’s the first one to try and kill you for betraying Nohr.

Also I have a feeling that Kamui and Leon’s relationship was never really that deep in the first place. Though, I don’t really have anything to back this up, except for my gut feeling.

Camilla: UGHH THE ULTIMATE WAIFU WHO WOULD’VE RULED THEM ALL, IF ONLY THE CHARACTER DESIGNER HADN’T FUCKED UP HER BOOBS & CLOTHES. No seriously, I’m enamoured with Camilla- she’s gorgeous! But she seriously doesn’t deserve this (no female character deserves this). Moving on to the personality, I think Camilla is going to be the ultimate big sister. She’s someone who’s always willing to listen, secretly hand you cookies under the table, and offer good advice. Camilla seems like a genuinely good person! But I think that’s going to change if Kamui chooses Hoshido. Her personality will then shift into something darker. She’s no longer the loving sister Kamui once knew, but an angry warrior who's ready to kill. Hence, the scene where she’s almost mockingly walking towards you with her arms outstretched to you (basically, she’s not intending on hugging you).

Elise: The lovechild of Lissabelle. Basically the same as Sakura. Not expecting a whole lot of depth (perhaps even less with this one). Elise will probably be the most persistent in trying to convince you come back to Nohr, but ultimately failing. I suspect that because of Elise & Kamui’s close relationship, she’ll be the one that Kamui will refuse to kill. Aaaand that’s all I really have to say about Elise. (She’s cute, though)

I only talked about the royals since they’re the ones we have the most info on. Feel free to discuss the characters above, and other characters I didn’t include!

Edited by warriorlucina

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felicia: By far my favorite unit announced so far cause lol Waifu. Because she's a unit that will join in both sides, I'm expecting a really dynamic character out of her in terms of her loyalty and relationship with Kamui. We haven't heard much of her Blue-haired counterpart, I'm expecting their personalities to contrast differently, like her sister is loyal to Nohr but not Kamui. I expect a map or scene in the Hoshido campaign where Felica will face her sister or fellow maid where they really show how their personalities collide so differently. I'm also expecting her to have a complex relationship with Kamui, since they look roughly the same age, they might be childhood friends or she could be really close to him/her. The maid class sounds great, and if Mairrage comes back, I will waif her every playthrough.

Suzekaze: Another unit, I'm expecting to have a dynamic story. Since he hails from Hoshido, I honestly wonder how and just why he would side with Kamui. I highly doubt it, judging by the text we've seen, but maybe he's a distant friend of Kamui. It seems his design is to contrast to his other ninja's. Perhaps that's a point of contention with his fellow ninja's since he has no problem fully revealing his face, and he's probably a lot more laid back then other ninja's and his headpiece looks interesting, perhaps that's a key feature of his character. I also expect him to have an emotional fight with his other ninja brethren

Joker: I really like his design. I think his personality might be a mix of a really prissy neat-freak butler, and a smooth joker (Cause his name is joker hehehehe) I'm also wondering if he could be a potential childhood friend of Kamui like Felicia and him alongside Felicia and the butlers and maids could be his only friends outside of his family, because Kamui might have been sheltered from Commoners since birth.

Orochi: She's not talked about at all, because of the lack of info on her. We really don't know what class she is. She could be a mage or a Hoshidan version of a mage. I think she looks hawt and if Felicia didn't exist, I'd waif her. Personalty-wise, I'm expecting her to have a rather spoiled or snobby personality because she looks like a glamorous or rich person from ancient times. She might actually be some sort of spritual figure, because she does kinda dress like one. IDK, she's a mystery...

I think I'm most excited for Sakura, Hinoka, and Leon right now.

Leon gives me the vibe that he'd be the least affectionate and most willing to kill you. Like the kind of older sibling you always kinda feared growing up, if that makes sense.

I quite like your speculation for Hinoka, actually. I hope she gets depth and stuff because she's one of my favorites so far.

Sakura has my favorite design so far so I'm hoping for something cool in terms of character or gameplay.

Camilla's alright but I don't care for the fanservice. I don't hate her though and I'd like to see how she turns out, b/c female units with axes are uncommon in the series.

EDIT: fudge I forgot Felicia! She has one of my favorite designs too and I hope she's surprisingly cool with fighting or something because that'd be funny. Think along the lines of Nui Harime, who's pretty adorable, but is totally cool with killing.

Also, welcome to SF, OP! Hope you enjoy it here.

Edited by Draco

Saizou: According to the recent leaks, he is rather reckless, which is strange for a ninja. He's probably still rather a stoic character. I believe it has been mentioned that he reports directly to Ryouma, so he has to be either close or have worked under the Hoshido royalty for a long time. He's definitely one of my more favorite characters so far.

Kagerou: I really like her too. If Saizou's reckless, and she has to restrain him sometimes, then I would really like to see the character dynamic between the two of them. She could possibly be someone who has been working under the Hoshido royalty for a long time as well. I'd also like to see how she and Saizou will react to Suzukaze defecting to the Nohr side if that route is taken.

Felicia: Since day 1 I really liked Felicia for some odd reason. Now that I know she can use the hidden weapons and is generally a supportive character, I'm all for it. I would love to know her reason for being so loyal to Kamui and her backstory. And I would like to see what the Nohr characters will react to her when she joins Kamui to Hoshido.

Rinka: Now that we have a better look of what Rinka looks like, I'm really digging her design. Her class has always been a subject of conversation because it was so different from what we've seen. Elemental maces? That's awesome and different.

Sakura: Sakura has always appealed to me because of that rod/baton that she's often carrying. I knew she would be a priestess of some sorts that uses charms. I would really like to see more of her in terms of her class, weapon, and game play.

Cyrus: Similar with Felicia, I would really like to see what Nohr characters have to say about him defecting to Hoshido with Kamui if that's the case. He also looks really cool, but I would really like to see his blue-haired counterpart more.

I'm still surprised that they haven't talked about the blue-haired maid from the box art. I think she's the only box art character that hasn't been talked about, which is weird since you'd think she would have been talked about in this issue with the other retainers.

I'm still surprised that they haven't talked about the blue-haired maid from the box art. I think she's the only box art character that hasn't been talked about, which is weird since you'd think she would have been talked about in this issue with the other retainers.

Twist: She's the final boss who wants to destroy the world in revenge for people ignoring her all the times.

Saizou: According to the recent leaks, he is rather reckless, which is strange for a ninja. He's probably still rather a stoic character. I believe it has been mentioned that he reports directly to Ryouma, so he has to be either close or have worked under the Hoshido royalty for a long time. He's definitely one of my more favorite characters so far.

Saizou is also described as "hot-blooded" while his green haired twin (this annoys me so much in fiction. How do you have a green haired twin?) is the more relaxed and easygoing type.

The didn't discuss any characters which are exclusive to Nohr, so it's possible that she is a Nohr exclusive.

^^^^ do you mean their stat distribution? or the fact that Haar is a freaking badass and Jill isn't Haar?

^^^^^ actually have we even seen the blue hair maid fight on our side? But with her lack of coverage i actually kinda feel she might have a twist coming up, most likely not being the final boss, but maybe she is spying on us for Garon or another nation. Or she dies early on or something. My money is on spying for Garon if she does have a twist.

Edited by goodperson707

Haar is a wyvern knight. Jill is a "pegasus knight" with axes. Maybe both.

^^^^ do you mean their stat distribution? or the fact that Haar is a freaking badass and Jill isn't Haar?

Edited by thetiger39

I seriously doubt Blue-haired maid will be a soy for Garon or be playable on the Hoshido route. I think she'll probably be the Antithesis of Felicia, she'll be harsh, rude, and unwilling to do any type of service for the people of Nohr and could be the snobbish type while Felicia is the dedicated and cheerful maid.

^^^^^ actually have we even seen the blue hair maid fight on our side? But with her lack of coverage i actually kinda feel she might have a twist coming up, most likely not being the final boss, but maybe she is spying on us for Garon or another nation. Or she dies early on or something. My money is on spying for Garon if she does have a twist.

The blue-haired maid hasn't been seen beyond a small scene with Felicia in the very first trailer.

But then again, Hardin is right. She might be Nohr-exclusive and they have only discussed Hoshido-exclusive and both route characters so far.

Guess it makes sense that she wouldn't defect as well. If you picked Hoshido, you'd already have Felicia and Sakura for healers. No need to crowd it up with another.

The blue-haired maid hasn't been seen beyond a small scene with Felicia in the very first trailer.

But then again, Hardin is right. She might be Nohr-exclusive and they have only discussed Hoshido-exclusive and both route characters so far.

Guess it makes sense that she wouldn't defect as well. If you picked Hoshido, you'd already have Felicia and Sakura for healers. No need to crowd it up with another.

She's shown in the pic with Gunter: http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/famitsu-21st-may/famitsu2105-3.jpg

but if you picked Nohr you presumably also have Trouba-Pony-Princess (Elise) so i don't see that as a great reason however there are two more ninjas in Hoshido so that is more plausible imo. Its still weird we haven't seen her on a map yet though.

but if you picked Nohr you presumably also have Trouba-Pony-Princess (Elise) so i don't see that as a great reason however there are two more ninjas in Hoshido so that is more plausible imo. Its still weird we haven't seen her on a map yet though.

Well, I don't think they've shown many Nohr-exclusive route shots (if any, I don't know), so that might be why we haven't seen her on the map.

They seem to be using Hoshido primarily for a lot of the promotion.

I seriously doubt Blue-haired maid will be a soy for Garon or be playable on the Hoshido route. I think she'll probably be the Antithesis of Felicia, she'll be harsh, rude, and unwilling to do any type of service for the people of Nohr and could be the snobbish type while Felicia is the dedicated and cheerful maid.

Based off of her appearance in the Nohr boxart, I don't think she will be exactly like that. To me, she will be the more graceful and less klutzy maid than Felicia (which is what she's stated to be). I do agree she might be a bit colder and stoic than Felicia.

Edited by IceBuster573

SO THAT'S WHY I LIKE VIRION SO MUCH. Well then, I seem to like the characters who have that hairstyle. In fact, I went for Virion on first blind playthrough.

Marx seems interesting. Hopefully if on the Nohr side, he won't be bland. I have a feeling that on the Hoshido route, he'll be much more interesting of a character, which I hope doesn't happen. I hope there's a balance in his character on both sides.

I really like Camilla. Normally I don't like female characters as much, but my infatuation for Camilla is almost on par as it is for Marx. I agree, though. I really wish they gave her better covered armor. Her corset-like chest armor looks like it hurts to wear, especially for battle. The loincloth is a little strange too. Otherwise, she's my favourite female character.

Edited by Anya

Leon gives me the vibe that he'd be the least affectionate and most willing to kill you. Like the kind of older sibling you always kinda feared growing up, if that makes sense.

Wow, that that's actually spot on to what I was thinking. That would provide some interesting diversity in terms of personality for the siblings!