Character Discussion

Yeah, the interaction between the 3 ninjas is sure to be quite interresting. Especially because it seems quite lighthearted in Hoshido and more dramatic in Nohr...

Joker is hyper competent but sems to have slightly psycho side. I wonder why he cares so much about Kamui, and not the other.

Gunter is your typical Jagen but I like it. He seems to be some kind of fatherly figure (I doubt Garon wo the Dad of the Year award...)

Having him join Hoshido could lead to some interresting scenes. Having to fight against those he trained must be hard for both of them.

I can agree with you on the first thing but everyone knows Linca is the best waifu.

You're all wrong. The best waifu is clearly Blonde US Chin Suzukaze, AKA the Sexy Crow.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saizou honestly looks like the more calm one, and Suzukaze looks a lot brash. I'm not complaining, but their looks don't match it. Kagerou looks awesome and sexy. I'm pretty sure that Saizou and Suzukaze might be the Cain and Abel due to their red and green motifs.

Strangely, one of the ninjas still joins you no matter which side you choose, so the question is: What compelled them to join Kamui in Nohr? Joker, Felicia, and maybe Gunter joining you no matter which side makes sense considering they're Kamui's retainers.

One of the Nohrians I like is that blonde Axe Hero. Most Nohrians seem naturally edgy and broody (Elise is one of those exceptions so far), but that guy just seems like a foil considering that toothy grin. I kinda hope he has some sort of superhero personality.

Edited by Jester Capri

I'm not sure if I'm right about this but isn't Sakura like supposed to be Hoshido's main strategist, perhaps. I'm not sure if I have just made that up on the spot though?

I actually never heard about this, and it also doesn't sound that realistic since she's quite young. Though it would be very interesting to see! But if anything, I think she's a priestess in training (hence her healing powers).

I'm really interested in Leon, Hinoka, and Takumi's design. I might just find materials to make a Leon cosplay in the future.

Can't say much about the others yet but I like Linca's and the ninja's design too.

The ninjas all have that trademark V-neck thing going on.

Edited by ChocolaChao

I think I'm the only one who holds the opinion that Kazahana is best waifu.

Oh well, now I don't have to fight anyone for her!

People held that opinion back when she was first revealed.

I hope she brings back the Wo Dao. Crits for days

I'm probably wrong about this, but something about Takumi's design, personality, and role in the trailers makes me suspect that he'll be the first of the Hoshido siblings that you'll have a really important fight with and kill (if you end up killing the siblings of the route you don't choose), if you pick the Nohr route... Leon, being Takumi's counterpart for the Nohr route would probably have a similar fate. (It does bug me that Leon is a promoted class, Dark Knight, while Takumi is un-promoted)

Edited by Monado Boy

I'm probably wrong about this, but something about Takumi's design, personality, and role in the trailers makes me suspect that he'll be the first of the Hoshido siblings that you'll have a really important fight with and kill (if you end up killing the siblings of the route you don't choose), if you pick the Nohr route... Leon, being Takumi's counterpart for the Nohr route would probably have a similar fate. (It does bug me that Leon is a promoted class, Dark Knight, while Takumi is un-promoted)

I actually don't think it was ever confirmed that Dark Knight is still a promoted class. If's version of it could be an unpromoted mounted unit that uses tomes, that would be really cool and broken

As much as the game is in dev, it's a maybe.

In the teaser, when it showcased Hinoka being commanded to fight, the map and your current team pool seemed to be in the chapter where you have to choose your side (of course, the Hoshidans are the allies in this teaser). Elise was one of the nearest enemies with a unique sprite, so it may be possible that the imoutos are the first victims.

Edited by Jester Capri

In the teaser, when it showcased Hinoka being commanded to fight, the map and your current team pool seemed to be in the chapter where you have to choose your side (of course, the Hoshidans are the allies in this teaser). Elise was one of the nearest enemies with a unique sprite, so it may be possible that the imoutos are the first victims.

Leon is also in that shot, on the bridge with what looks like Marx and Ryouma fighting at the top. http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/january-2015-nintendo-direct/Jan_008.jpg Elise is covered by Hinoka's portrait in this shot though. Which means Camilla is the only one missing.

I don't know. Even if we do end up killing the siblings, it sounds kind of early for one to be immediately following the decision.

I just hope they actually die, rather than how units 'retreat' like in casual mode. Sadly, if you do indeed fight them immediately after the choice I feel like they'll do this at first.

In the case of English voice actors, here are my predictions/hopes (this is the most relevant thread imho):

Male Kamui: Bryce Papenbrook

Female Kamui: Lauren Landa

Aqua: Karen Strassman

Marx: Travis Willingham

Camilla: Laura Bailey

Leon: Steve Staley

Elise: Hunter M Austin

Garon: Fred Tatasciore

Felicia: Kate Higgins

Joker: Troy Baker

Gunther: Kirk Thornton

Cyrus: David Vincent

Nyx: Karen Strassman

Ryouma: Liam O'Brien

Takumi: Yuri Lowenthal

Hinoka: Michelle Ruff

Sakura: Mela Lee

Tsubaki: Orion Acaba

Suzukaze: Matthew Mercer

Saizou: Kyle Hebert

Kagerou: Amanda C Miller

Kazahana: Danielle Judovitz

Rinka: Stephanie Sheh

Orochi: Stacy Okada

Completely illogical and silly, but I have this idea in my head that the Hoshido siblings' relationships will be designed around the new weapon triangle: Takumi looks up to Ryouma and strives to earn his acknowledgement (bows now beaten by swords), whereas he'll be on more even grounds with Hinoka (pegasus knights/lances being beaten by bows), while Hinoka is the only one who dares to argue with Ryouma (lances beating swords). Sakura, being the shy healer, is outside of the triangle and will be the typical cute mediator, even though I know she's got trading card art of her wielding a bow.

I don't see this happening in Nohr though, simply because Leon and Camilla look like they'll give zero f*cks about anything.

I just hope they actually die, rather than how units 'retreat' like in casual mode. Sadly, if you do indeed fight them immediately after the choice I feel like they'll do this at first.

I found Awakening to be a cop out, even on Classic. So many people retreat that the emotional punch is really lacking. And it's due to the time travel too. Was this the case in FE4? I'm against emulation so I personally haven't played it.

I found Awakening to be a cop out, even on Classic. So many people retreat that the emotional punch is really lacking. And it's due to the time travel too. Was this the case in FE4? I'm against emulation so I personally haven't played it.

Some villains you do fight multiple times in FE4, but they all die. In generation 1, there are 4 units who retreat from battle, (Finn, Quan, Ethlyn, and Deidre), but that's for story reasons. In generation 2, there is one unit who retreats from battle, and that's for very important story reasons. (Julia)

Quan and Ethlyn are Leif's parents, Finn is very important to Leif's backstory and is the only generation 1 character playable in generation 2. Deidre is Sigurd's wife and Seliph's mother. Also she doesn't die for major plot reasons on top of her relationship with Sigurd.

Oh right, gameplay wise, if Quan or Ethlyn fall in battle, the other one of them and Finn leave, so you lose 3 units just for losing 1. Deidre and Julia come back during the next chapter if they get defeated though.

Julia however, can die on the last chapter, and I believe there is a bug where if she gets killed by Areone in chapter 9 she stays dead for good, which messes with the final chapter.

Edited by Monado Boy

Some villains you do fight multiple times in FE4, but they all die. In generation 1, there are 4 units who retreat from battle, (Finn, Quan, Ethyln, and Deidre), but that's for story reasons. In generation 2, there is one unit who retreats from battle, and that's for very important story reasons. (Julia)

Quann and Ethyln are Leif's parents, Finn is very important to Leif's backstory and is the only Gen 1 character playable in generation 2. Deidre is Sigurd's wife and Seliph's mother. Also she doesn't die for major plot reasons on top of her relationship with Sigurd.

Oh right, gameplay wise, if Quan or Ethyln fall in battle, the other one of them and Finn leave, so you lose 3 units just for losing 1. Deidre and Julia come back during the next chapter though.

Julia, however can die on the last chapter, and I believe there is a bug where if she gets killed by Areone, she stays dead for good, which messes with the final chapter.

Thanks for the clarification!

^^nitpick i thought julia/diedre came back at the next castle not the next chapter.

Also nearly every female character survives a certain story event for story reasons.

Right, I think I might have messed up at that part.

Also, while most of the female characters do survive that event, that doesn't stop them from being able to be killed during gameplay before that event, rather than retreating. (The generation 2 characters have worse substitute characters just in case their mothers died)

Edited by Monado Boy

^ oh yeah i know about the substitute characters but deogame seems to be talking about the significance of death, and it still kinda breaks the significance at least in part for me on second playthroughs.

It's not that bad, don't get me wrong but the fact that nearly all the woman survived so they could have children but not the men (mostly?) is kinda cheapening the significance and stretching my suspension of disbelief.