Fire Emblem Cipher Twitter & Website Updates

aubergine

New Adult Tiki card

【カード紹介】竜の一族マムクートのチキです。チキは第1弾の両方の勢力に登場するキャラクターです。マムクートはゲームが進行するほど強くなる性質を持っています。(Illust:cuboon)

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/605905953213411328

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English translation of the Adult Tiki tweet:

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/605905953213411328

"[Card Introduction] This is the Manakete Dragon Tribe descendent, Tiki. Tiki was a strong presence on both sides of the War of Darkness. Manakete units like her are a great asset to have and often necessary for progression in the games. (Illustrator: cuboon) #FECipher"

Edited by aubergine

Woah, so a good deal of information late last night. First off, the official site updated, so I'll get around to detailing that after these tweets. The second tweet dealt with release date information for the Series 2 Booster cards and Starter Decks, which will be September 17th in Japan. Then the last tweet is about a special Chrom card that can only be gotten at the Cipher demoing events in Japan.

Translation note: The Series 2 Booster pack title is 光と闇の神焔, which I couldn't find much official information on before this tweet. I did my best below to translate it as something that sounds Fire Emblem-esque in "Heavenly Blaze of Light and Darkness".

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/606033118663839745

"The official site has updated! Information on how to play, the demo events, as well as officially licensed stores has been added in the update. #FEcipher fecipher.jp"

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/606033478463844352

"We have decided on the release date for Series 2 of Cipher, the Fire Emblem TCG. The Hoshido and Nohr Starter Decks and "Heavenly Blaze of Light and Darkness" Booster packs will all be released on September 17th. This series will focus on character appearing in the then recently released Fire Emblem If games. #FEcipher"

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/606034061237157888

"[Event] This "Prince of Piercing Principles Chrom" card is given to those participating in the Cipher Demoing event. Since this card is exclusive to these demo events, come by one of the events in order to get this promotional card. #FEcipher"

The latest update covers the Lena card that was already shown in the latest Famitsu scans, the full translation of which can be found here

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/606294204348690432

"[Card Introduction] This is the cleric Lena from Shadow Dragon. One of her skills is "Heal" which let's her return units from the discard pile back to your hand. The other skill called "Stolen Heart" is reminiscent of a defining part of her life-story in the original game. (Illustrator: Fumi) #FEcipher"

That Tiki...oh my o//o

...I don't know if she was always that big or if she ended up bigger than usual. But nonetheless, she still looks great~ ^^

(Now I have 2 Tikis to get. But no moneys to get them! Noooooooo!!!)

This is proving to be a larger endeavour than I first thought, hahah. I still want to translate the whole lot of all the new info on each page, but it'll take me awhile to get through all of it, so I think it'll be better to do it piecemeal for now. Thanks to everyone who posted info about it before, all help is definitely appreciated! Here's what I've got so far starting from the home page and moving on to the How to Play section, more to follow in tomorrow:

Series 2 Cards
-They have a release date of September 17th

-They are centered around characters appearing in the new Fire Emblem if game

-The two starter decks are Hoshido and Nohr themed

-Once again each starter deck will have 50 cards

-The MSRP for the starter decks is 1300 yen and 350 yen for booster packs

-The Series 2 booster packs are known under the moniker "Heavenly Blaze of Light and Darkness"

-Like last series the booster packs have 10 cards each

Preparing for Battle (How to Play)

Once opponents lay down "Playsheets" found within the Starter Deck packages, lined up face to face, the stage is set for battles in the world of Cipher. In addition to game progress, let's go over the proper placement of units and how to determine their roles in each area.

Unit Deployment

how_img03.jpg

Hand - Made up of the cards drawn from your deck, you start out by having six cards in your hand. You will mainly be placing units from your hand.

1) Battlefield - The whole area including the Vanguard Area and Rear Guard Area is called the Battlefield. This is where you place units.

2) Orb Area - When the main character is defeated as a result of battle, the orb cards take their place and are destroyed instead. You start out with 5 orbs.

3) Bonds Area - The cards placed in this area become bonds and depending on the amount that you have you can attack, class change, and perform unit skills.

4) Support Area - Once in battle, the first card from the top of the deck becomes the support unit and is placed here.

5) Deck - Here you'll place the deck you are using facedown.

6) Retired Units (Discard Pile) - Place units defeated in battle and previous support units here face up.

Playsheet PDF Download

Playsheet ZIP Download

I just thought I should mention good job on the translations and there's no rush! If anything, we need more translators on the job. That said, I will contradict myself a little here and say that the page also appears to mention exactly how bonds work (as in, what's the difference between using them to deploy units and for effects, like flipping them and how do they get unflipped, if at all?). It also appears to show off dual color plays, so it would be nice to see how that works, since I heard it isn't as simple as treating red cards as Mountains and blue cards as Islands.

The whole section that I was able to translate today is below, but a lot of it is repeat information that we already know.

Some points of interest are:

-The confirmation of affinities that we haven't seen before in the form of new weapon types: Concealed Weapons (presumably coinciding with units using that weapon type from Fire Emblem If) and Fangs (presumably for future shapeshifting/laguz type units).

-The true Card Name of a card is made up of the Title + Unit Name together. I was thinking this was the case, and this helps confirm that thought.

-The Cost and Support sections below contain a pretty good amount of detailed information as to how Cipher works.

Read through for the detailed information.

Card Reading Basics

Game play for Cipher consists of only "Unit" cards i.e. these character illustration cards. With a clearer understanding of the icons and numeric values that populate these cards you'll be better equipped to challenge any foe.

how_img02-1.jpg

1) Placement Cost - What it costs in order to place this unit on the battlefield. *Cost is detailed below in the Skill Basics section

2) Class-change Cost - What it costs in order to class-change this unit. *Cost is detailed below in the Skill Basics section

3) Symbol - This unit's army allegiance.

4) Affinities (Gender, Weapon, Type) - The affinities that characterize this unit. Certain skills will refer to these in order to activate.

>Genders: Male / Female

>Weapons: Sword / Lance / Axe / Bow / Tome / Staff / Dragon Stone / Concealed Weapon / Fangs

>Type: Armor / Flying / Mounted / Flying

5) Skills - Special abilities that this unit can use.

6) Support Skill - The special ability this unit can use when in the Support Area and certain conditions are met. Some cards don't have a support skill.

7) Attack Power - The numeric value that functions as both attack and defense when comparing values with the opponent during the attack phase.

8) Title - The unit's unique nickname.

9) Unit Name - The character's given name. The Title + Unit name together make up the complete Card Name.

10) Range - A unit can have either 1, 2 or 1-2 range. There are also cards that have no range at all. *(Not mentioned at all is how Range affects gameplay. Of course, the numeric value of a unit's range determines how close or far away on the battlefield it has to be in order to attack a certain enemy unit.)

11) Class - The unit's role within the army.

12) Support Strength - Add this numeric value to the attacking unit's attack power when this unit is acting as the support unit.

Understanding Skills

Skills are a unit's unique abilities in battle. To get the most out of your unit's skills it is important to know which cards have what skills, under what circumstances a skill activates, and that there are two types of skills: Normal and Support.

how_img02-4.jpg

1) Skill Name - The particular name given to a skill. There are 2 special types of Normal Skills: FS, or Formation Skills; and CCS, or Class-Change Skills.

Formation skills cannot be used without the necessary allied units. These skills can only be used if none of the units required for the skill have taken an action in a particular turn.

Class-change skills only activate after the unit has class-changed.

2) Activation Symbol - These symbols help to show when a skill can be used. There are 5 types of activation Symbols (*A closely related symbol is offered for localization purposes alongside the original Japanese symbol):

>自 or & "Automatic Skill": Directly after the specified conditions have been met, these occur automatically.

>常 or ∞ "Always Active Skill": As long as the unit is on the battlefield and the specified conditions are met, the effects of these skills remain active.

>起 or α "Opening Skill": You must first declare your intent to use these skills at the outset of your Movement Phase in order to use them.

>特 or § "Special Skill" These are skills that don't fit under the other four categories. These skills are active even outside of battle on cards in the hand or discard pile.

>支 or ♥ "Support Skill" These activate when a support is successful. There are attack and defense types of support skills.

3) Restrictions - These are restrictions concerning skill activation. An example:
"Once per Turn": If a skill has this restriction it cannot be used more than once in the same turn.

4) Cost - When certain skills are activated, they might have a cost that needs to be paid. If the costs mentioned in the brackets are met, you can then use these skills.

>Tap (Action Icon): If this cost is necessary for a skill, the unit must be shifted to the side and take an action in order to use said skill before it takes any other actions.

>Flip (Reverse Icon): If a skill requires this type of cost, then cards in the Bond Area equal to the amount shown must be flipped face down. For example, if there is a 3 beside the Flip Icon, then you must flip 3 Bond Area cards.

5) Effect - Once all conditions from 2-4 are met, the skill takes effect according to what is shown on the card.

6) Support Types - Support skills will activate according to whether units in the attack phase are on the attack or on defense.

>Attack Support Skill: This type of skill activates if the unit in the support area has this skill type during your attack phase.

>Defense Support Skill: This type of skill activates if the unit in the support area has this skill type during your defense phase.

What to do in the event that 2 or more skills activate at the same time:

If an attacking unit has, for example, an automatic skill and an always active skill that take effect at the same time, then you may choose to activate them in any order you see fit. If an attacking unit and defensive unit have skills that activate at the same time, then the attack unit's skills happen before the defensive unit's take effect.

Edited by aubergine

Wow, thanks for all of this! And a special thank-you to Vincent for making this subforum~!

Oddly enough, the instructions didn't say what the unit placement/class change cost was. I'll assume it's flipping bonds. :P:

Julian card just posted on the Cipher Twitter!

vBdLnYq.jpg

"【カード紹介】シスターのレナを救うために盗賊団を抜けたジュリアンです。相手のデッキのカードを公開させ、その結果を次の行動に反映させられるというテクニカルなスキルが使えます。(Illust:伊藤未生) #FEcipher "

source: https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/606736858790305792

I felt like, now that the TCG has its own separate sub-forum (which is awesome btw!), everyone who's interested will be checking both threads so I didn't feel the need to post this in the General Cipher translations thread. If someone else wants to, or thinks we should post new cards in both threads anytime they're posted, please feel free to share your thoughts.

Edited by Rekt no Ken

I think we can leave the tweets themselves in here, and whoever translates it can move it over.

His skill sorta reminds me of Gaius' one. Not that it's surprising, given that they're both thieves.

(also thanks for everything aubergine~!)

Here's the translation!

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/605712302977875968

"[Card Introduction] This Miriel card is one of the cards exclusive to the Awakening Starter Deck. There is also a holographic Miriel card in the starter deck as well*. As you might expect, Miriel's skills are all about management of the cards in your hand. (Illustrator: Saori Toyota) #FECipher"

*Translation note: I'm guessing he's coyly hinting at a Promoted Miriel card of some sort, we'll have to see exactly what he means by this.

You could be right, but my first impression was that you get one holo version of this Miriel and the other copies (hopefully 4 total so you don't have to buy multiple starter decks) are not holo. Pokemon usually does this now with the main card in the starter deck being holo and the 2nd copy being normal, it's better than just getting one copy of the holo which is usually important for the Starter Deck. Weiss Schwarz and Vanguard does this too.

It's interesting that they're making Miriel a holo though. I'm gonna guess we'll get 3 holos per starter (like Vanguard does) because Chrom and Marth gotta get a holo too.

Anyway, I'm just hoping they don't put random signed cards in the starters. Buying multiple of the same starter just to try and get a signed card kinda sucks, lol.

Thanks again for everything!

Here's the translation for today's Julian "card intro" tweet:

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/606736858790305792

"[Card Introduction] As you may remember, Julian left his band of thieves behind in order to rescue the cleric Lena. In Cipher he has a technical skill that he is able to use that lets you look at the top card of the opponent's deck and then depending on what that card is you'll be able to draw a card from your own deck! (Illustrator: Mio Itou) #FEcipher

Wow, thanks for all of this! And a special thank-you to Vincent for making this subforum~!

Oddly enough, the instructions didn't say what the unit placement/class change cost was. I'll assume it's flipping bonds. :P:

The Japanese text makes direct reference to the skill cost explanation area when talking about placement cost, so I am pretty sure that's the connection they wanted people to make. What's weird about this new "How to Play" section of the site is just how little information that they are giving for certain parts of the game mechanics. For example, I had to add in the information that seemed pretty integral to the Range section of the card basics section. I'm not sure why for a "how to play" section for a new TCG they don't assume that people don't know...ahem...how to play. It's weird, and maybe it's just something I'm missing in translation, but honestly I don't think that's the case.

You could be right, but my first impression was that you get one holo version of this Miriel and the other copies (hopefully 4 total so you don't have to buy multiple starter decks) are not holo. Pokemon usually does this now with the main card in the starter deck being holo and the 2nd copy being normal, it's better than just getting one copy of the holo which is usually important for the Starter Deck. Weiss Schwarz and Vanguard does this too.
It's interesting that they're making Miriel a holo though. I'm gonna guess we'll get 3 holos per starter (like Vanguard does) because Chrom and Marth gotta get a holo too.

Anyway, I'm just hoping they don't put random signed cards in the starters. Buying multiple of the same starter just to try and get a signed card kinda sucks, lol.

Thanks again for everything!

Hmm, you could be right about this, I didn't think about the possibility of multiple copies of the same card in the deck when considering the Japanese text. It's been so long since I've actually bought and played a TCG, hahah. The main Lord and Great Lord/Lodestar cards in the Starter Decks would have to be holographic I would think. It would be cool if a few of the other units that get multiple copies of the same card in the starter deck have a holographic version included.

Thanks to you guys for reading this stuff, it's good to know you all appreciate it!

Edited by aubergine

I was thinking, is possible the introduction of new colors for next expansions? Like, hoshido will introduce white cards, Nohr black cards, PoR/RD, for example, green cards?

Edited by Xem

Now i suddendly realized: the fire emblem has 5 different coloured gems
Maybe the game will follow gems colours: white/silver, black/purple, blue, red, and green.
Two of them are already used, and white and black will fit with FEif characters

UfWq8Iz.png

Edited by Xem

New tweet showing off the Wrys card they showed way back in January.

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/607743826631852032

【川出】第1弾のイラストをお願いするとき、リフやサジ、マジ、バーツ を「描きたい!」というイラストレーターさんが何名かいました。 シブいポジションのキャラクターなのにイラストレーターさんにも人気があるようです。^^

New tweet showing off the Wrys card they showed way back in January.

【川出】第1弾のイラストをお願いするとき、リフやサジ、マジ、バーツ を「描きたい!」というイラストレーターさんが何名かいました。 シブいポジションのキャラクターなのにイラストレーターさんにも人気があるようです。^^

It's interesting, this tweet isn't officially a "Card Intro" for Wrys, but instead has Kawade going into the artist who worked on his card and others (to some degree).

"[Kawade] When we asked who would like to illustrate characters like Wrys, Barst, Bord, and Cord from the very first Fire Emblem game, many illustrators said they would love to do it. In the end, I think we found an illustrator that did them justice...and their work seems to be quite popular. ^^ #FEcipher"

Edited by aubergine

It seems that Kawade was being a bit coy yesterday hinting at today's massive Card Introduction tweet. It's been since the livestream back in April since I've seen these cards pop up! I'll be working on their translations today, but for the time being the skill that he references in the tweet is that of Barst's first skill only. It's a Formation Skill much like the Pegasus Sister cards, but this time not only is the Barst's attack increased by 50, but also when this skill activates the orbs he destroys while attacking is doubled to 2.

https://twitter.com/FEcipher/status/607821517825572864

"[Card Introduction] The Barst, Bord, and Cord cards have background art that ties their 3 cards together. Individually they all have great strength in battle, but when all three of them attack together it's truly devastating! (Illustrator: HACCAN) #FEcipher"