Chigai's Super Thread of Amateur Splices!

Chigai

I don't know how to go about this but I made a few of splices and now I'm going to share them.

I'll add to it when I get the mood to make splices again.

Also, I may be making some OC's of mine that I make for roleplays. I may also use these characters in roleplays here.

(Lemming is coming soon.)

Purple-haired knight girl

8w7gJEO.png Used: Amelia, Vanessa, Eirika, random village girl from FE7, and Lyn. Palettes from Vanessa, Eirika, Wolt, and Geese.

J6v2Ujt.png Used: Dozla, Wallace, and Brendan. Palettes from Wallace, Brendan and Garcia

FecquF6.png Used: Dozla, Ross, Garcia, and Bartre. Palettes from Ross, Bartre, and Garcia.

JHGbgma.png (Oh hey it's my OC Chigai) Used: Myrrh, Colm, Fae, Fir, Roy, and Florina. Palettes from Florina, Colm, and others???

Accepting critiques that will not ruin my self confidence ;w;

Edited by Chigai

The top of the first's left eye (which is to the right from our point of view) looks like it does not close to an eyelash properly, but I'm not sure where it needs adjustment. It also looks like the armor got increased in size, based on how there are some squares of the outline color.

The second one's beard and eyebrows don't quite look connected

The third one... what happened to the rest of the body? I think it also needs some shading on the right side (our point of view) of the hair, where the bandanna connects.

The hair on the fourth one doesn't quite look like it's folded behind the ear, I think you need some outline color near the top-left of the ear. The neck needs some more of the third shade on the left side of the neck (towards the character's right).

Somebody else who named their account after their OC! :newyears:

Edited by Eliwan

I like the third one, but his missing shoulders are a bit weird.

Some of their necks don't look quite right, the first's neck looks too long, the second doesn't have much neck at all, and the last one's neck is pretty flat. The second one also looks a bit souless due to the fact that their pupils/irises are really small.

TIP: don't mix colors from 6/7 and 8

Two more splices that I'll be using as characters in a support convo contest.

ZksOIdE.png and... SBs8qNd.png

Not gonna bother listing resources.

Also, you can suggest some names for the first one, and the second one is Sen. ;w;

I recommend naming her Browkeisha cause she got 2 sets of eyebrows.

Upon closer inspection, it's not even two sets. She just has 3 eyebrows.

I like the hood + cloak thing you have going on because they're merged together almost seamlessly aside from the left side from the viewer's perspective on the hood. Unless that's hair, because it looks like hair.

Necklace perspective is off on #2 and Chigai's hood needs antialiasing next to the pauldron, but other than that, they're pretty neato! I'm assuming the jaggies and overall weirdness of a few bits are from the originals, because I've seen those exact spots and freaked out over them before

Oi no I missed some spots where you didn't properly aa the hair in the splices. The spot where Karel's hair is on the lady shouldn't have shadows cast to the right of it as the light source is coming from above and slightly to the right, so it should just be antialiased. Chigai's hair isn't antialiased on his face. I'm really gay. Lady's indentation near her eye where the eyebrow and eyelid meet extends a little too much. Stray pixel near the Karel hair tuft on the right.

It's still spliced well, though. If you're just splicing for now I really shouldn't expect you to know what antialiasing is. I myself discovered it by spending hours nerding out over Megaman Battle Network mugs and being confused as to how they got the skin and chins so perfect.

Why is Chigai so moe?

Why is Chigai so moe?

He's a moekete of the Divine Moe Tribe. Realtalk, he's a thief what steals from Ferox's coffers. I still don't know how he nicks that stuff from under the Khan's nose.

He's a moekete of the Divine Moe Tribe. Realtalk, he's a thief what steals from Ferox's coffers. I still don't know how he nicks that stuff from under the Khan's nose.

(check the support convo contest the third because chigai x basilio is coming up soon because of this)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is basically dead but I'll keep posting I guess this is just a fun thing to mess around with now, I guess.

EXJVodC.png"Little boy? Have you ever seen a little boy with THESE?"

cDBDbig.png"Old man? Have you ever seen an old man with THESE?"

thank you for wasting your time with me ;w;

A+ Dancer Dozla. "These earrings are a symbol of my manliness"

Looking at the earrings, they look like rigid loops of skin-colored metal to me... If you can, try and make the earring colors less similar to the color of his skin? Other than that, great job! ouo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...