Famitsu interview - FULL VERSION (with new screenshots!)

Ryo

Yes, but it's written in Katakana here (literally a transliteration of the word strategist), while in Awakening it was in kanji and was called 戦術師 (apparently pronounced Senjutushi if the wiki isn't wrong)

I don't know if that means anything in this game. In order to play up the differences, all of the Nohrian classes are written in katakana (regardless of whether they were before or not) and all the Hoshidan classes are written in kanji (again even if they weren't before). Not saying you're wrong or anything, just that we can't really tell.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Strategist the Japanese name of Robin's Tactician class?

I believe so. I'm too lazy to dig up the Japanese class roll : P

I was more commenting that the game doesn't try to hide this fact, with the similar descriptions. Makes me wonder if it'll be "Tactician" in the English version as well.

As in, it's funny how Robin's class became a common promoted class with a horse and staves instead of swords.

, i feel they will keep second seals or ways to reset your level, but parallel seals seem much easier to manage on nohr than second seals. Though if there are shops i wonder if Parallel seals are buyable cause if they are, you could pick and choose classes for each map if you had enough of them and if that is your only method of reclassing...? Yeah, second seals i feel should be back but maybe only useable at max level.

I've read something here about Hinoka being a promoted class due to the "Pegassus Warrior" name but I don't really think she is. Look at her pegassus during the first trailer and then look at Tsubaki's pegassus in the different screenshots or videos. It is the same pegassus with the same armor but different colours, so they are the same class, right? And I don't think Tsubaki is also a pre-promoted.... ... or is he? D:

^^ i think Vincent said he probably read it wrong pegasus warrior is probably a base class and uses bows on promotion.

Yeah. I was confused, because it said males and females could class-change into it, which I thought meant "promote into" it.

But if you remove that line of thought, the next line is more clear: "After promoting, it becomes a flying class that can wield bows." ("After promoting", I thought meant after promoting into a Pegasus Warrior)

@Vincent: Btw shouldn't the info about Attack Stance/Guard Stance be added to the review as well? :o I hope they're not just old stuffs we've already known though...

Well I'm disappointed in reclassing, come on only 2 other classes to reclass into.

That's still 4 promoted classes to choose from. Or 3 depending on overlap but since the number of reclass options has been reduced it would be pretty unlucky for a character to get 2 base classes which shared a promoted class. 2 base classes and 4 promoted classes is still 12 skills to choose from and that doesn't even include the extra personal skill that all characters seem to be getting. So I think that's still some good choice.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is Joker's choice of classes. They may make sense from a character perspective, but he has 2 physical promoted classes, 1 mixed and one magic class. There weren't many examples of characters in awakening who could pull off both physical and magical classes. That along with the fact that there's not a lot of weapon overlap between Joker's 2 class trees I don't know if his physical options are looking so viable. I'm really hoping that all the characters get 2 usable class trees that make sense for that character and product interesting and unique skill combinations while also staying balanced.

I pretty much expected their logic on weapon durability. I expect there to be a large variety of weapons and a more limited supply to compensate however. Rather than limiting complexity it seems that the complexity has changed to less of an abstract concept.

Also Nohr keeps reminding me more and more of pre soviet Russia.

I looked it up, and I can't find any source that states that "Oboro" is even a possible male name. So unless IS is ignoring that, I think we can safely assume Oboro is a woman.

Other than that, looking forward to Thursday.

Did javelins and hand axes warranted such a nerf?

In light of the durability change? Absolutely. Without it? Even then, I'd still say it's warranted. Throwables made some classes far too versatile.

Why add a sniper to your team for ranged physical damage when you can just funnel experience they would've taken into a berserker for melee and ranged physical damage -- damage that'd probably be greater regardless of bow strength simply due to a berserker's sheer strength? Javelins, hand axes, etc. left snipers with two rather niche use cases: Against fliers and against anyone your berserker (or general) have issues hitting due to triangle disadvantage. In all other cases, if you have throwable weapons to spare, it'd be best to use them instead of a bow.

I looked it up, and I can't find any source that states that "Oboro" is even a possible male name. So unless IS is ignoring that, I think we can safely assume Oboro is a woman.

Other than that, looking forward to Thursday.

Suikoden V wants a word with you. But I'm pretty sure FE's Oboro is a chick.

---

In Joker's Parallel Seal screen, I noticed that one of the Strategist buffs is a +2 to movement. Had he been reclassing from Paladin/Great Knight, this shouldn't have happened. Thus, I think there's three base classes total, and Joker is using a Parallel Seal from his Butler class.

EDIT: Oh, and the grayed-out hidden weapons in Joker's inventory, too.

EDIT the SECOND: Unless Strategist and Butler share a base unpromoted class, but that seems weird.

Edited by eclipse

Suikoden V wants a word with you. But I'm pretty sure FE's Oboro is a chick.---In Joker's Parallel Seal screen, I noticed that one of the Strategist buffs is a +2 to movement. Had he been reclassing from Paladin/Great Knight, this shouldn't have happened. Thus, I think there's three base classes total, and Joker is using a Parallel Seal from his Butler class.EDIT: Oh, and the grayed-out hidden weapons in Joker's inventory, too.EDIT the SECOND: Unless Strategist and Butler share a base unpromoted class, but that seems weird.

uh how is it weird, the base class is probably rod knight. So butlers/maids seem to fit the Warcleric/monk option that troubadours had.

Edited by goodperson707

This is interesting info on reclassing. It looks like a more limited version of 11/12's reclass system. Hope we get details in this week's issue.

Kinda wish they had just made javelins/hand axes rare instead of making them unable to double. :c

Oboro! :D Young woman or shota? XD

uh how is it weird, the base class is probably rod knight. So butlers/maids seem to fit the Warcleric/monk option that troubadours had.

Probably because their only advantage seems to be hindering things (because mixed classes), while Strategist looks like it'll blow things up with magic, and gets more movement.

EDIT: And I happen to like having my horses on vanguard

Edited by eclipse

In light of the durability change? Absolutely. Without it? Even then, I'd still say it's warranted. Throwables made some classes far too versatile.

Why add a sniper to your team for ranged physical damage when you can just funnel experience they would've taken into a berserker for melee and ranged physical damage -- damage that'd probably be greater regardless of bow strength simply due to a berserker's sheer strength? Javelins, hand axes, etc. left snipers with two rather niche use cases: Against fliers and against anyone your berserker (or general) have issues hitting due to triangle disadvantage. In all other cases, if you have throwable weapons to spare, it'd be best to use them instead of a bow.

To add to this, despite the nerfs, unless map design really works to make them unfeasible, I expect to still be largely using Javelins and Hand Axes where I can. The 1~2 is still just too versatile for getting counterattacks against all enemies (not to mention the potential player phase safety). Depending on early game stats, though, I may or may not attempt to incorporate a bow-locked class into my team (if it's another Virion, forget it). And while bows are starting to look a bit more attractive, I'd like to see them get a direct buff to set them even further above Javelins/Hand Axes, as well as keeping pace with tomes. Of course, depending on how concealed weapons play out, those may end up seeing mass deploy (IS certainly seems to be encouraging it, anyway, given that the player will have at least three concealed weapon users regardless of side chosen).

Probably because their only advantage seems to be hindering things (because mixed classes), while Strategist looks like it'll blow things up with magic, and gets more movement.EDIT: And I happen to like having my horses on vanguard

well yeah but that does not make it weird that just means you like Valkires more and doesn't change that there is precedent for rod knights to promote to butlers/maids.

Edit Also i personally like that troubadours promote into a hybrid class as it calls back to the troubadours roots as a hybrid class, troubadours are i believe the first hybrid class you see/get in Fe 4 and also the first non unique hybrid class you get in the entire series.

Edited by goodperson707

Given that their are 6 skills slots but the reclassing system seems to not allow you to reset you're level, it seems like either skill scrolls will return or possibly your level can reset upon reaching level 20.

I know they said something other than experience, so it seems like it could be a good place to acquire skills. Although I wouldn't like that.

It's going to be interesting to see how Nohr can stand up to Hoshido, given that the former seems to have several problems that would make an invasion more difficult. Given the bling-bling armors of this game, I wouldn't have expected Nohr to have financial troubles. Although I guess Camilla can't even afford a complete set har har har.

This has given me hope that Garon will be somewhat sympathetic, but he just looks to evil for that, which is never a good indication in Fire Emblem.

I could see him using the excuse to invade the more habitable Hoshido as a cover to try and steal some sacred object (the Fire Emblem) that will grant him power.

I'm also curious to know how many of Nohr's royal siblings secretly agree with the invasion (since it's unlikely they'll publically disagree with their father)? I doubt Elise will but I can see other 3 possibly supporting it.

I wonder if they'll have boosted accuracy as compensation?

well yeah but that does not make it weird that just means you like Valkires more and doesn't change that there is precedent for rod knights to promote to butlers/maids.

Edit Also i personally like that troubadours promote into a hybrid class as it calls back to the troubadours roots as a hybrid class, troubadours are i believe the first hybrid class you see/get in Fe 4 and also the first non unique hybrid class you get in the entire series.

But Strategist uses tomes/staves, while Butler/Maid uses hidden/staves? Hence why I don't see the point of the latter.

Did javelins and hand axes warranted such a nerf?

Yes because quite frankly they are in 80% of the games the best weapons for 90% of the game due to their insanely cheap buy prices, 1-2 range and they made units who were already solid units even better because of the 1-2 range.

Its partly why archers (not Snipers though. They usually get good bases at least) are obsolete on delivery.

Personally, I'd like to see Dark Knight and Strategist to be promotions of not the Rod Knight, but a Mage Knight or some other mounted Mage. Yes, Troubadors/Rod Knights could promote to Strategist it would still be cool to see a mounted variation of the old Mage and Cleric tree.