2016?

PokeFan

I must have misread I though this game was getting a localized release Q3 in 2015 in NA. I thought I read somewhere it was shown on NA and EU Nintendo directs this January.

Now I know its 2016… so err how is one supposed to wait 6 months+ for this game to be translated? Isn't this one of the biggest games for the 3DS? Why get such a low priority treatment?

Low priority treatment? What? It normally takes that long to translate/localize, if not longer, so this is about right really.

And as for what you're supposed to do for 6+ months? ...Well now, that's really entirely up to you.

I imagine it's very text heavy and a lot of work to localize, especially given what FE games are usually like combined with there being two different games this time around.

Of course the wait is disappointing for everyone, but it will pass in no time.

That speaking for everyone though.

The wait's only going to be bad for those who have nothing to do, in which case I suggest they actually find something to do, or the ones who make topics out any and every single thought they can possibly conceive, no matter how miniscule or redundant it is

I must have misread I though this game was getting a localized release Q3 in 2015 in NA. I thought I read somewhere it was shown on NA and EU Nintendo directs this January.

Now I know its 2016… so err how is one supposed to wait 6 months+ for this game to be translated? Isn't this one of the biggest games for the 3DS? Why get such a low priority treatment?

I'm fairly sure that was a leaked poster for Australian releases this year

That speaking for everyone though.

The wait's only going to be bad for those who have nothing to do, in which case I suggest they actually find something to do, or the ones who make topics out any and every single thought they can possibly conceive, no matter how miniscule or redundant it is

I was meaning that if we could get the game the same time as Japan pretty much everyone would, right? So it's disappointing in having to wait in that regard. I'm not meaning it's disappointing because no one has a life or anything else to do and we're all going to be sitting around twiddling our thumbs for six+ months - which is what you seem to be taking offense at given you've resorted to nitpicking my post to start an argument.

Edited by Missiletainn

I was meaning that if we could get the game the same time as Japan pretty much everyone would, right? So it's disappointing in having to wait in that regard. I'm not meaning it's disappointing because no one has a life or anything else to do and we're all going to be sitting around twiddling our thumbs for six+ months - which is what you seem to be taking offense at given you've resorted to nitpicking my post to start an argument.

Then it would've been announced as a worldwide release

Also, @Underlined; Are you trying to put words in my mouth? No dice, I didn't say or imply that, I said to find something to do and even then I never said they were twiddling their thumbs, soooo...

And am I taking offense? Lol, don't grasp.

Then it would've been announced as a worldwide release

Also, @Underlined; Are you trying to put words in my mouth? No dice, I didn't say or imply that, I said to find something to do and even then I never said they were twiddling their thumbs, soooo...

And am I taking offense? Lol, don't grasp.

If you had paid any attention to my original post you'd see my point was "the time is needed to localize, the wait is no big deal". But instead you decided to latch onto one part of my post and create an argument out of nothing. I guess some people on here just really like to get on their high horse and argue, huh. Not even gonna bother addressing anything else you said, it's all a waste of time and irrelevant.

Edit: Though I will add that this is the second post of mine in a row where you haven't understood what I was saying at all. So maybe before hitting reply you should try and understand what people are saying first, because it only makes you look silly like both these times. Two times in a row I could say it's a problem with how I word things, but I don't think I'm that incoherent for my points to be misunderstood so badly.

Edit #2: Not making another post to shit up the thread even more.

And now the thing you're missing in my post is that I was pointing out your speaking for everyone with

Nope, I didn't misunderstand that, in fact I already acknowledged it. And you'd know that if you actually paid any attention. I know it was this part specifically because I already said in an earlier post that you latched onto one specific part of my post. You do know when people say "everyone" that they don't always, quite literally, mean everyone? I wasn't intending to literally speak for everyone. I said it because I'm 99% certain that the majority of people would rather have the game sooner rather later which makes the wait disappointing in general (unless, given the option, you would rather wait 6+ months than have it now?) but my point was that ultimately the wait is still no big deal. The irony is that we're both on the same side in regards to the delay but for some reason me saying "everyone" triggered you badly. If you don't find the wait disappointing then more power to you, but stop kicking up such a stink because I made a generalized, innocent statement (or what I thought was one at least, guess I was wrong!)

Edited by Missiletainn

If you had paid any attention to my original post you'd see my point was "the time is needed to localize, the wait is no big deal". But instead you decided to latch onto one part of my post and create an argument out of nothing.

And now the thing you're missing in my post is that I was pointing out your speaking for everyone with

Of course the wait is disappointing for everyone, but it will pass in no time.

I already spoke about the time for localizing, the topic creator asked why is the NoA version getting low priority, my post, 7 minutes before yours, stated this amount of time is normal, if it does not take longer. This part specifically:

Low priority treatment? What? It normally takes that long to translate/localize, if not longer, so this is about right really.

I guess some people on here just really like to get on their high horse and argue, huh. Not even gonna bother addressing anything else you said, it's all a waste of time and irrelevant.

Yeah they do, don't they? It's a real shame

Edit: Though I will add that this is the second post of mine in a row where you haven't understood what I was saying at all. So maybe before hitting reply you should try and understand what people are saying first, because it only makes you look silly like both these times. Two times in a row I could say it's a problem with how I word things, but I don't think I'm that incoherent for my points to be misunderstood so badly.

You should actually make points before you try to say they were misunderstood, js.

Anyway, I'm cutting it short, I don't need mods on my case for something, as you put it: "A waste of time and irrelevant"

Edited by Soledai

Well if Australia really does get it Q3 this year, I might just import it from Australia, then. I doubt it would be much different from the EU version.

Nah it was a fake leak we just get it at the same time as Europe (like everything else)

What...? I mean... who... who does that? Surely no one on this board. :sweatdrop:

Adding onto the "these games are text-heavy and take a while to translate" logic, I'd ike to add that Fire Emblem doesnt generate near as much money as Pokemon. Perhaps if if did, IS would put more money into faster translation (like Game Freak did with 6th gen Pokemon), but as things are, it seems unlikely they'll do that. Not even a few installments after FE14, probably.

Just my two cents.

Well if Australia really does get it Q3 this year, I might just import it from Australia, then. I doubt it would be much different from the EU version.

Wouldn't that create a problem if you were to use eShop?

I remember playing a European 3DS game on my NA 3DS and when I tried to access the DLC on it I got booted out

Wouldn't that create a problem if you were to use eShop?

I remember playing a European 3DS game on my NA 3DS and when I tried to access the DLC on it I got booted out

All 3DSs and 3DS games are region locked. So you'd need to buy an AUS/EU 3DS.

Though Australia and Europe use the same region. You playing a US game on an EU 3DS shouldn't be possible. Unless you're using that one exploit, which never worked with the eshop in the first place.

All 3DSs and 3DS games are region locked. So you'd need to buy an AUS/EU 3DS.

Though Australia and Europe use the same region. You playing a US game on an EU 3DS shouldn't be possible. Unless you're using that one exploit, which never worked with the eshop in the first place.

Oh, didn't know that regarding AUS/EU.

You spend the next 6+ months playing IS's other great strategy game Code Name STEAM :)