Picture from Famitsu's 27th of May showing. [New and Exclusive Characters!]

Rizziah

Kirokan for honorary god

Though on Page 1, I noticed that the Red/Blue text mentions Dedeo. Who is that?

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Kirokan for all your hard work :) It's so nice to read it all on the pages like that.

Do we have translations for any of the dialogue boxes yet?

For Tsukuyomi's on the last page he says something along the lines of, "I'm not a child." for the first sentence, but since I cannot read the kanji at the beginning of the second sentence (I think it's 払 maybe) I can't translate the second.

He's saying 私はツクヨミだ。"I'm Tsukuyomi."

You're right about that. The whole 6-skill-slots thing would be pretty pointless without at least one level reset.

What I don't get is why this wasn't mentioned with the whole Master seals + parallel seals talk, unless the level-reset item isn't a seal at all, but a one-use staff or an ancient artifact/scroll/totem-pole thing that the famitsu writers didn't think of grouping together with the other skill-changing seals.

What the parallel seals might be for is for changing your stat growths to that of a different class until you reach level 20 after you get your level 10 or level 15 skill. (For example, say I wanted Stahl to have the speed growth of a myrmidon, but I want the skills of the cavalier. I have have Stahl get 10 levels of myrmidon stat growth with cavalier skills -without affecting internal level (possibly)- by parallel sealing him at level 10 and leveling him up to level 20.)

Furthermore, parallel seals might allow us to pick and choose specific skills from different classes, given that they are all gained at a different level. Say that I wanted Luna (level 5) and Galeforce (level 15). I can get Luna at level 5 on greatknight, parallel seal to Dark Flier, and then get Galeforce at 15.

So depending on the number of parallel seals they give us or how the player decides to use them, this can be either highly strategic or highly cheaty.

Assuming that skills are learned at the same levels like they were in Awakening, you can still learn a lot of skills if you have enough Parallel Seals (which didn't specify that you need to be at lv. 10 to use):

For example, if a unit has Merc > BK/Hero and Cav > GK/Paladin, they can:

At level 1 Merc > change to lv. 1 Cav > train to lv 10 Cav to learn the skill > switch back to lv 10 Merc to learn all unpromoted skills > promote to Hero > switch to BK > switch to GK > switch to Paladin to learn all lvl 1. promoted skills > and so on....

Well it took about 7 hours... (wow!) but here are all four pages full scanlated!

Blog post here, and in spoiler tags below.

fe1.jpg

fe2.jpg

fe3.jpg

fe4.jpg

Um... some translations came out slightly different than Vincent's, such as regarding Hinata's skill description. I'll let other translators cross check that for themselves, but the way I took it is that it works like counter, but when HP is below half and only from those three weapon types.

I named Hinata's skill Forlorn as it gave that hopeless struggle impression. I named Tsukuyomi's skill "Great Confidence" as "arrogance" always gives me that vibe of thinking they can usurp someone but not actually able to, where as self confidence has more of that connotation of willing to challenge someone higher (and being able to, hence +4 damage)

That's all the notes I can think of for now, but I'm sure there are some other things people may inevitably ask!

thanks for the translations, man

Inherent skills are a really cool idea, bro

i remember playing Awakening and thinking

"yo, what if adding on to a units class skills from all this class changing, they still had like a few skills to themselves?"

and here we are

just a really sweet idea

I really like Harold and Hinatas designs

now i have faves in each side \owo/

Well it took about 7 hours... (wow!) but here are all four pages full scanlated!

Blog post here, and in spoiler tags below.

fe1.jpg

fe2.jpg

fe3.jpg

fe4.jpg

Um... some translations came out slightly different than Vincent's, such as regarding Hinata's skill description. I'll let other translators cross check that for themselves, but the way I took it is that it works like counter, but when HP is below half and only from those three weapon types.

I named Hinata's skill Forlorn as it gave that hopeless struggle impression. I named Tsukuyomi's skill "Great Confidence" as "arrogance" always gives me that vibe of thinking they can usurp someone but not actually able to, where as self confidence has more of that connotation of willing to challenge someone higher (and being able to, hence +4 damage)

That's all the notes I can think of for now, but I'm sure there are some other things people may inevitably ask!

Hurray, thanks for the translations. I believe Harold's VA is Kitazawa Riki though, not Kitagawa.

Cyrus: "...Even if you are a prince of Hoshido, you're still you."

Well, damn. Cyrus pretty much confirmed as true bros with Kamui. I like him already, although I'm not a huge fan of the super bulky, patterny armour. While the plate looks more or less like Leon's, Leon's got the gold trim to accentuate his palette and doesn't have the bulky shoulder pauldrons so he looks slimmer overall compared to Cyrus. Ah well.

It's funny how everyone pretty much called Harold's personality...

Edited by Sardonic

Her map sprite is holding an axe, I'm sure she can use axes.

Sorry, IDK why I thought she was lancer.

Considering one of the ninja's did some sort of disappearing act as their attack animation, chances are quite likely. I really hope they didn't recycle the bad myrmidon animations; Kazahna's normal attack still seemed to mirror FE13's myrmidon attack.

I was fine with Awakening's non-mage normal attack animations, but I really hope they bring back the GBA style criticals.

You're welcome! Sorry to keep you! Hope you find something of use in there. : )

Thanks again.

Assuming that skills are learned at the same levels like they were in Awakening, you can still learn a lot of skills if you have enough Parallel Seals (which didn't specify that you need to be at lv. 10 to use):

For example, if a unit has Merc > BK/Hero and Cav > GK/Paladin, they can:

At level 1 Merc > change to lv. 1 Cav > train to lv 10 Cav to learn the skill > switch back to lv 10 Merc to learn all unpromoted skills > promote to Hero > switch to BK > switch to GK > switch to Paladin to learn all lvl 1. promoted skills > and so on....

That sounds expensive, I'd rather skill scrolls just be an option.

Adding on to the translations of the scan pages, the three new cards that appeared in these scans have been translated in the Fire Emblem Cipher thread. I know it's not specifically Fire Emblem If information, but just in case anyone is interested and to add on to the already fantastic full translations of the rest of the scans, here are the cards:

Crown Prince of Altea Marth:

Marth%20Lord%20B01-003HN.png

Marth – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A / Rarity: Uncommon / Series 1 Booster Card #003

Affinities: Falchion / Male / Sword

Quote: "This is my fate...to prove my worth as Prince of Altea I must reclaim the Exalted Falchion and defeat Doluna."

Skill 1: "Young Hero" / α / [Tap this unit, Only usable before any other ally has taken an action] Choose one enemy unit and move it. This skill can't be used if Marth isn't on the Front Line.

Skill 2: N/A

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity then until the end of your attack phase the amount of orbs it destroys is now 2.

Attack Power: 40

Support Attack Power: 20

Range: 1

Unpromoted

Class: Lord

Title: Crown Prince of Altea

Name: Marth

Card ID: B01-003HN

Illustrator: Yusuke Kozaki

Cleric Lissa is functionally the same as Troubadour Maribelle, so nothing really new of technical/gameplay note here. This did help though by giving the official Card ID for catologing purposes.

Sprightly Cleric Lissa:

Lissa%20Cleric%20B01-060N.png

Lissa (Sprightly Cleric) – Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #060

Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Awakening / Female / Staff

Quote: “Don’t forget me!”

Skill 1: “Heal” / α / [Tap this Card, Flip 2 Bonds] Choose a card from your discard pile except "Lissa" and add it to your hand.

Defense Support Skill: "Healer's Emblem" / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase the attacking unit can't perform Critical Hits.

Attack Power: 30

Range: --

Unpromoted

Class: Cleric

Title: Sprightly Cleric

Card ID: B01-060N

Illustrator: 40原

Hero Severa is hard to read. The gist of the skills are there, but no flavor text yet. I'm still working on it.

Hero Severa:

Severa%20Hero%20B01-094HN.png

Severa (?) – Rarity: Uncommon / Series 1 Booster Card #094

Cost 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Quote: “?

Skill 1: ” / ∞ / When this unit attacks an axe affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Skill 2: CCS “” / ∞ / If the unit supporting Severa is a male, then this unit’s attack is increased by 10. (CCS: If this unit was placed without the promotion unit cost, this skill is inactive)

Support Skill: N/A

Attack Power: 60

Support Attack Power: 10

Promoted

Class: Hero

Title: ?

Card ID: B01-094HN

Illustrator: 46

The new Tiki card is perhaps the most interesting of all the new ones from today. This is the first card we have seen have 3 full skills. Also, Skill 2 for this card is word for word the same as Skill 1 on the older Tiki card, but instead of 4 Bond cards this one needs 8. The name is the same though, so this might be troublesome when trying to refer to this skill generally when it comes to the wiki.

Manakete Princess Tiki:

Tiki%20Manakete%20B01-045SR.png

Tiki (Manakete Princess) – Rarity: Super Rare / Series 1 Booster Card #045

Cost: 5 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Shadow Dragon / Female / Stone / Dragon

Quote: “I…I thought that nightmare would never end…”

Skill 1: “?” / ∞ / During your turn, when discarding this card’s Support unit you may instead put it in the Bond Area.

Skill 2: “Ancient Dragon Tribe” / ∞ / If there are 8 or more cards in your Bond Area, then this unit's attack increases by 30.

Skill 3: “Divine Stone” / ∞ / When this unit attacks a dragon affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Non-promotable

Class: Manakete

Title: Manakete Princess

Card ID: B01-045SR

Illustrator: Fuzichoco

Edited by aubergine

Adding on to the translations of the scan pages, the three new cards that appeared in these scans have been translated in the Fire Emblem Cipher thread. I know it's not specifically Fire Emblem If information, but just in case anyone is interested and to add on to the already fantastic full translations of the rest of the scans, here are the cards:

The new Cordelia card is interesting since it is the first card so far that has really represented the strengths of a class entirely, the Dark Flier class.

Pegasus Knight Paragon Cordelia:

Cordelia%20Dark%20Flier%20B01-075SR.jpg

Cordelia (Pegasus Knight Paragon) – Rarity: Super Rare / Series 1 Booster Card #075

Cost: 3 / Promotion Cost: 2

Affinities: Awakening / Female / Lance / Flying / Mounted

Quote: “If you're a friend, speak now. If not, then stay out of Chrom's way.”

Skill 1: “Galeforce” / & / After this unit defeats an enemy with an attack, return this unit to the pre-action state.

Skill 2: CCS “Handmade Javelins” / α / [Flip 1 Bond] Until the end of this turn, all allied Flying affinity unit’s attacks are considered lance attacks with a range of 1-2. (CCS: If this unit was placed without the promotion unit cost, this skill is inactive)

Attack Power: 50

Support Attack Power: 30

Promoted

Class: Dark Flier

Title: Pegasus Knight Paragon

Card ID: B01-075SR

Illustrator: YangYang

Cleric Lissa is functionally the same as Troubadour Maribelle, so nothing really new of technical/gameplay note here. This did help though by giving the official Card ID for catologing purposes.

Sprightly Cleric Lissa:

Skill 1: “Heal” / α / [Tap this Card, Flip 2 Bonds] Choose a card from your discard pile except "Lissa" and add it to your hand.

Defense Support Skill: "Healer's Emblem" / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase the attacking unit can't perform Critical Hits.

Unpromoted

Hero Severa is hard to read. The gist of the skills are there, but no flavor text yet. I'm still working on it.

Hero Severa:

Skill 1: ” / ∞ / When this unit attacks an axe affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Skill 2: CCS “” / ∞ / If the unit supporting Severa is a male, then this unit’s attack is increased by 10. (CCS: If this unit was placed without the promotion unit cost, this skill is inactive)

Promoted

The new Tiki card is perhaps the most interesting of all the new ones from today. This is the first card we have seen have 3 full skills. Also, Skill 2 for this card is word for word the same as Skill 1 on the older Tiki card, but instead of 4 Bond cards this one needs 8. The name is the same though, so this might be troublesome when trying to refer to this skill generally when it comes to the wiki.

Manakete Princess Tiki:

Skill 1: “?” / ∞ / During your turn, when discarding this card’s Support unit you may instead put it in the Bond Area.

Skill 2: “Ancient Dragon Tribe” / ∞ / If there are 8 or more cards in your Bond Area, then this unit's attack increases by 30.

Skill 3: “Divine Stone” / ∞ / When this unit attacks a dragon affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Non-promotable

Is it odd that I seem to be liking the design of the Awakening characters more in these cards than in Awakening itself?

You're welcome to everybody who said thank you. I really appreciate the kind words!

Crown Prince of Altea Marth:

Marth%20Lord%20B01-003HN.png

Marth – Cost: 1 / Promotion Cost: N/A / Rarity: Uncommon / Series 1 Booster Card #003

Affinities: Falchion / Male / Sword

Quote: "This is my fate...to prove my worth as Prince of Altea I must reclaim the Exalted Falchion and defeat Doluna."

Skill 1: "Young Hero" / α / [Tap this unit, Only usable before any other ally has taken an action] Choose one enemy unit and move it. This skill can't be used if Marth isn't on the Front Line.

Attack Support Skill: "Hero's Emblem" / ♥ / If the attacking unit has the Falchion affinity then until the end of your attack phase the amount of orbs it destroys is now 2.

Attack Power: 40

Unpromoted

Class: Lord

Title: Crown Prince of Altea

Name: Marth

Card ID: B01-003HN

Illustrator: Yusuke Kozaki

Sprightly Cleric Lissa:

Unpromoted

Hero Severa:

Promoted

Manakete Princess Tiki:

Non-promotable

Great work once again! Been collecting all your work to get ready to transcribe them into cards slowly but surely. : ) I translated that Marth one as a proof of concept in the other thread, but this image seems higher quality, so may try again on this one.

Is it odd that I seem to be liking the design of the Awakening characters more in these cards than in Awakening itself?

No, I agree completely. I love the way Chrom was drawn, and Severa here as well. Yet their artists were not Kozaki. Kozaki's Marth meanwhile looked a little sub par. I guess it goes to show what a difference an artist can make with another's design.

This is just personal taste of course, but know that I at least agree with you : )

Edited by Kirokan

Thank you so much for the translations! It's very welcome as always!

Let's see what we have for characters...

Ryouma, Tsakumi and Sakura all have two followers. On the Nohr side, Elise has two also. So it seems likely that all siblings will have two followers that will not join the other nation.

So right now we are missing two on the Hoshido side (Hinoka's) and six on the Nohr side. We also have Linca/Rinka who is not affiliated on the Hoshido side only, and none comparable on the Nohr side at the moment.

If we look at the characters we know of that had no formal profiles yet:

- Kazahana (Hoshido, Sakura's follower)

- Tsubaki (Hoshido, Sakura's follower)

All the following were seen in a Nohr screenshot.

- Nyx (Nohr, unknown)

- Inigo 2.0 (Nohr, unknown)

- Male archer/thief

- Blue-haired-female-cavalier-with-pants (Nohr, unknown)

- Blue-haired maid (?, seen on cover only. Might be the female cavalier class-changed...?)

And that's it. So if we want to equalize everything for the Famitsu reveal, I think we can assume that we'll have at least two more completely new Hoshido's characters incoming (Hinoka's) and at least one more completely new Nohr characters on top of the four above (and one Nohr only character that's not affiliated to the siblings).

Edited by Ayra

Ryouma, Tsakumi and Sakura all have two followers. On the Nohr side, Elise has two also. So it seems likely that all siblings will have two followers that will not join the other nation.

So right now we are missing two on the Hoshido side (Hinoka's) and six on the Nohr side. We also have Linca/Rinka who is not affiliated on the Hoshido side only, and none comparable on the Nohr side at the moment.

- Nyx (Nohr, unknown)

- Male archer/thief

- Blue-haired maid (?, seen on cover only. Might be the female cavalier class-changed...?)

And that's it. So if we want to equalize everything for the Famitsu reveal, I think we can assume that we'll have at least two more completely new Hoshido's characters incoming (Hinoka's) and at least one more completely new Nohr characters on top of the four above (and one Nohr only character that's not affiliated to the siblings).

I don't think the blue-haired cavalier and maid are the same people.

We've seen the cavalier in a pair up situation in a screenshot and her hair seems to be styled differently than the maid, so I doubt they're the same.

Her entire design is awesome!

I'm liking Hoshido more by the day, although Nohr is cool too.

...Funnily enough, her abs are the only thing that I don't like about her design. Maybe I'm just jealous (being a skinny, physical unimpressive shrimp myself)...

I'm genuinely surprised to see a female anime character with such defined muscles; the only other one I know of is Mikasa.

Makes sense that they share a voice actor, huh?

I am loving Harold already. Hero of Justice archetype plus crits all over the place.

Seriously, his personal skill is basically to ignore enemy luck, plus he can promote to Berserker meaning he gets Gamble and/or Wrath and on top of that dual support bonuses. He's a killer Axe away from being the second coming of Rutger.

I would be okay with this.

Just please, please, PLEASE change the Berserker's awful design from Awakening.

I'm just gonna throw this out there but does Oboro's face and smirk remind anyone else of Toph from The Last Airbender cartoon or is it just me?

Now that you mention it...

Another reason to like her!

- Nyx (Nohr, unknown)

- Male archer/thief

I do hope for more elaboration like that.

If they want to keep the Nohr storyline more of a secret, that's fine, but I least want character info, especially characters that you'll use before Chapter 6.

since we already have the name Tsukuyomi out, who do you think have the names "Susanoo" and "Amaterasu"? There is no way they can throw one out without throwing the others, japan likes their Shinto too much. My bets is that the not-Emmeryn Hoshidomom is called Amaterasu.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but Tsukuyomi's weapon icon is either a tome or a piece paper

Well he is basically a mage.

since we already have the name Tsukuyomi out, who do you think have the names "Susanoo" and "Amaterasu"? There is no way they can throw one out without throwing the others, japan likes their Shinto too much. My bets is that the not-Emmeryn Hoshidomom is called Amaterasu.

Hilarious how i said the same thing like two pages back. :B

Well he is basically a mage.

Hilarious how i said the same thing like two pages back. :B

Well yeah, but people weren't sure what weapon Orochi was using, I was hoping this might help clarify it a bit

Also, isn't it Tsukiyomi?

Ah, it's both

Edited by Mysterique Sign

Anti-grinding Seal, it doesn't reset the level when you choose to change class AKA that one kind of class changing seal that the elitist would like. And I fucking hope this better be Nohr only, second seal for Hoshido plz.

What!? so no 2nd seal for the Nohr side that sucks well whatever I will still go to Nohr side.

What!? so no 2nd seal for the Nohr side that sucks well whatever I will still go to Nohr side.

More like no Second Seal at all. If there was, they would have mentioned it.