Is it just me, or is IS really pushing Hoshido more?

UnknownUber

I mean, we've seen mostly Hoshido maps and we have more confirmed characters for the Hoshido route then Nohr. At this point, the only characters we don't no jack about are Hoshido Emmeryn and Orochi.

Nohr has little to nothing and they've confirmed more Hoshido characters then Nohr.

Perhaps to increase difficulty, Nohr won't have that many units compared to Hosido, but it seems Hoshido is really being pushed.

Not sure if that is the case. IS started promoting Nohr a lot. Now they're balancing it by promoting Hoshido.

Fun fact, I remember a similar titled topic, but about how Nohr was being promoted more than Hoshido...

It does make some sort of sense, being that the Nohr game is the more 'hardcore' experience, and is likely aimed at the more die hard fans as a result, most of which are in the know, and don't really need the game to be pushed much for them to buy it, or are planning on buying both games regardless.

Conversely, the Hoshido side seems to be a more 'casual' experience, aimed at people who aren't as well acquainted with the series, and may have never even played a fire emblem game before. Many of these people need the game to recieve a fair push for it to stick in thier memory, and for them to buy it. As a result, the Hoshido side is pushed more, as a sort of gateway to the series in a similar vain to awakening.

If Hoshido is the version more geared towards newcomers then it makes perfect sense there to be more information that attracts newcomers.

This. Plus fans of the series are already super hyped for Nohr, so I'm not really seeing a downside here.

In the recent Famitsu interview the devs said that they want people to experience the Nohr storyline for themselves, so the marketing is likely just a reflection of that.

I'm glad they are waiting to let players experience the story rather than giving it away. They seem to be very confident in the writer they hired to answer fan feedback on Awakening's weaker story, I suppose.

As said above though, I think more or less they're both being promoted equally.

Well, Hoshido seems to be pushed as the 'morality right', that's something I am annoyed at.

Yeah, that's passed around a lot on the forums. It's annoying, but that's the angle they're going for.

That said, they don't seem to be pushing Hoshido more necessarily, just that they're making them out to be the good guys.

I also agree with everything that's been said above. If it seems that they are talking more about Hoshido, there are clear reasons for that.

I still hope to get some more bios on Nohr characters in the next couple weeks.

I don't need to know Nohr's story. I'd just like to see a little more on characters, especially ones we've seen (like the maid and the cavalier).

Not sure if that is the case. IS started promoting Nohr a lot. Now they're balancing it by promoting Hoshido.

Fun fact, I remember a similar titled topic, but about how Nohr was being promoted more than Hoshido...

I remember that too.

And there's no need for them to push Nohr anymore. The first few interviews about the game they kept drilling home that Nohr was the more difficult game that played more like a traditional FE game. What more selling do veteran players really need? If they weren't already interested in buying it, that likely strongly swayed their opinion. Bringing the newcomers back/getting more is more important advertising wise.

That being said, I think both games have roughly similar amount of content.

I feel they're gonna pull an SMT on us and Hoshido is going to have like a really dark secret or something. Anyways I find it interesting that on the Nohr side, for the most part, you seem to be playing from the "bad guys" point of view, which is something I really wondered for a while. A big part in me hopes that on the Nohr side you push the invasion and conquest of Hoshido to it's full resolution, It's going to be a good dynamic for the sake of variation. The good guys of one story and the bad guys of the other, I really like that concept.

Anyways, Nohr is clearly going to have a huge twist to it's plot, which is gonna cause japs and importers to shit bricks and I'm looking forward to the spoilers.

I would say it favoritsm but I already spoke my piece on that. Hosido most likely being pushed because it the one most similar to Awakening and to get Awakening fans back into the games since they aren't using Robin, Chrom, and Lucina. Hopefully it doesn't flop but since the limited edition sold out it most likely won't but I can see Hosido side selling more than Nohr side.

Edited by mikethepokemaster

I feel they're gonna pull an SMT on us and Hoshido is going to have like a really dark secret or something. Anyways I find it interesting that on the Nohr side, for the most part, you seem to be playing from the "bad guys" point of view, which is something I really wondered for a while. A big part in me hopes that on the Nohr side you push the invasion and conquest of Hoshido to it's full resolution, It's going to be a good dynamic for the sake of variation. The good guys of one story and the bad guys of the other, I really like that concept.

Anyways, Nohr is clearly going to have a huge twist to it's plot, which is gonna cause japs and importers to shit bricks and I'm looking forward to the spoilers.

My concern here is that it was stated that Nohr is all about "changing it from the inside."

I get the feeling that both ways that would technically make Garon's Nohr the enemy, rather than the Hoshido on the Nohr path, if that makes sense.

I think it's just that since a lot of the units that follow you no matter what will probably be nohr (since you spend the first 6 chapters in nohr and the people you grew up with are from nohr) they're trying to balance that by showing Hoshido folks, since any showing of early stuff will unbalance with all them nohr units. Butlers and great nights and silver haired horseriders and maids all from nohr.

I think it's just that since a lot of the units that follow you no matter what will probably be nohr (since you spend the first 6 chapters in nohr and the people you grew up with are from nohr) they're trying to balance that by showing Hoshido folks, since any showing of early stuff will unbalance with all them nohr units. Butlers and great nights and silver haired horseriders and maids all from nohr.

I think it 3 chapters for Nohr and 3 chapter for Hosido, than you make your descion at chapter 6.

*Claps*

Exactly this. They're counterbalancing. I won't be surprised of next weeks Famitsu offers quite a bit of Nohr info.

My concern here is that it was stated that Nohr is all about "changing it from the inside."

I get the feeling that both ways that would technically make Garon's Nohr the enemy, rather than the Hoshido on the Nohr path, if that makes sense.

My guess it's that it might be both at the same time, hence why it's going to be a difficult campaign. You are going to be handling a coup d'etat and an invasion at the same time. That or something silly like "Garon dies from old age/miasma in the middle of the invasion". People would be really pissed at the Nohr's campaign if it pussied out of invading Hoshido and furthermore it would make turning your "real" family into enemies pointless.

Absolutely not. I've felt that they've definitely focused on Nohr a lot more. Probably because they believe that many players will gravitate towards Hoshido with minimal effort anyway, so in order to increase sales of Nohr they have to make people more comfortable with it.

Both have their moments. Few weeks ago Nohr was pushed a bit more, and we knew more info about that side. But now I guess Hoshido is getting the emphasis in promotion at the moment. I share the sentiments as the people prior to me have stated, advertising is supposed to reel in new players and the Hoshido route is the story to accomodate them, while veterans already made their mind.

Both have their moments. Few weeks ago Nohr was pushed a bit more, and we knew more info about that side. But now I guess Hoshido is getting the emphasis in promotion at the moment. I share the sentiments as the people prior to me have stated, advertising is supposed to reel in new players and the Hoshido route is the story to accomodate them, while veterans already made their mind.

I wouldn't say I am a veteran at fire emblem, but I have played the GBA games and the DS games along with Awakening. I picked Nohr because the story and the characters seem more interesting for me yeah Nohr side will probably be a pain since no grinding but hey if the price for a good story is no grinding than I have to pay that price. Edited by mikethepokemaster