Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heather was just Yuri bait and curiously she was on a game that completely lacked detailed support conversations, which rarely went beyond a variation of "Hello, watch your back on this battle".

Though really, speaking of homos, I find it rather disturbing how several units on the Hoshido side need confirmation on whether they're male of female even after their profile is released. I mean Rinka so far is the burliest unit in Hoshido side and she's a woman.

Im more interested in just the regular supports. Like, can Oboro, with her hatred of Nohr, actually support with the Nohrians that follow Kamui? Will the supports help her overcome her hatred? Will the supports between Kamui and the characters that join you regardless be different on both sides? You know, stuff like that.

I dont care about marriage but if it returns I know one pairing Im interested in supporting.

I kind of want to pair Felicia and Joker just to see if they relish the thought of serving Kamui together for the rest of their days, maybe even getting a paired ending mentioning that their descendents served House Whatever for generations. Hopefully whoever you don't bring with you joins up later, at least in one path.

I would really love having romantic same-sex pairings especially between F!Kamui and Elfie or Rinka. And it wouldn't surprise me if FE included mainly because lately gay main characters have been featured in some popular manga lately, examples being Ymir and Krista in Attack on Titan and Bulat in Akame ga Kill are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Plus the whole Tomodachi Life business made it clear that Nintendo isn't entirely against including same-sex relationships since they are willing to be inclusive of it the next game.

Edited by BeartholdtFubar

I assume all siblings are off limits.

Gay options most likely are off too, sadly.

Though I believe there will be S Ranks and marriage still. Just at a far smaller degree than Awakening.

Hopefully some endings give emphasis on the political effects on who Kamui and his/her siblings marry. Royal family, after all.

Edited by Pretty_Handsome

There was a Cordelia topic previously but I'll just leave this here:

If Oboro has a crush on Takumi, then let her get with Takumi. No unrequited love pls, especially if her other supports are going to center around her whining about it. If her other supports do talk about it, then end her Takumi support at A and leave the marriage for paired endings at the end so we don't get another case like Cordelia fawning over Chrom even while married to someone else.

I dunno, I think i'm probably gonna pair Oboro with Tsubaki. I mean, have you seen her grin? That's oozing with snark. Imagine if the joined forces. It'd be the… Snarknado.

I can see what you mean, though.

I really want same gender romantic supports for a few characters, but I'd put money on either 2 gay characters per gender or just implying it. (Like Raven and Lucius or Lyn and Florina)

Things I'm hoping for:

1. Limited supports: 4-7 people per support with 2-3 romantic, excluding Kamui who should only have romantic supports with only a few characters (as someone suggested before)

2. Same gender supports: No real reason not to have it when Japan literally didn't care at one point in time (don't know about the Roman Empire, though)

3. Supports that make sense: Oboro and Takumi makes sense because it is a subordinate/superior relationship, as oppose to two people who have literally no connection to one another.

Heather was just Yuri bait and curiously she was on a game that completely lacked detailed support conversations, which rarely went beyond a variation of "Hello, watch your back on this battle".

Though really, speaking of homos, I find it rather disturbing how several units on the Hoshido side need confirmation on whether they're male of female even after their profile is released. I mean Rinka so far is the burliest unit in Hoshido side and she's a woman.

Really?! That surprises me, I thought the bios I have been reading were guesses and not their actual writeup. If you don't mind sharing, whose gender has been confirmed/

I like you. (Not that way, though.)

That garbage needs to stop.

Edit: Then again.. now that this is pinned, I'm getting sick of this topic aswell.

Edited by Ragnar

(don't know about the Roman Empire, though)

The only stigma was if the guy liked being on the receiving end, nobody cared about the guy doing the thrusting.

Really?! That surprises me, I thought the bios I have been reading were guesses and not their actual writeup. If you don't mind sharing, whose gender has been confirmed/

I'm not sure who exactly you currently have doubts but Oboro can be confirmed a woman from her Voice Actress, as she does strictly female characters, same for the new Hoshido spellcaster who is a shota. Hinata is also a dude.

Things I'm hoping for:

1. Limited supports: 4-7 people per support with 2-3 romantic, excluding Kamui who should only have romantic supports with only a few characters (as someone suggested before)

2. Same gender supports: No real reason not to have it when Japan literally didn't care at one point in time (don't know about the Roman Empire, though)

3. Supports that make sense: Oboro and Takumi makes sense because it is a subordinate/superior relationship, as oppose to two people who have literally no connection to one another.

I don't really get this argument in FE games. They're all in one army. There's a chance that any two characters could be assigned to one job or will support each other in battle at some point, leading to conversation and a possible connection.

Your other two points I agree with, though I'm hoping for more than 4 support options for characters. I won't mind that much but...

I also hope that the endings for character relationships (i.e. married, companions, etc) are saved till the endgame though I wouldn't mind S-support bonuses in-game.

I'm not sure who exactly you currently have doubts but Oboro can be confirmed a woman from her Voice Actress, as she does strictly female characters, same for the new Hoshido spellcaster who is a shota. Hinata is also a dude.

I find it surprising people are having a hard time telling the gender of the characters. Oh well.

Is it just me,or is Cyrus like,super attractive? Also,childhood friend,I'll totes romance him,even if I have to play F!Kamui,xD. Anywho,thank goodness for this topic,so we don't have to have all these random topics about romance,just taking up space.

Also,am I the only one who think Oboro and Tsukuyomi(?) would be the cutest androgynous couple ever?

Is it just me,or is Cyrus like,super attractive? Also,childhood friend,I'll totes romance him,even if I have to play F!Kamui,xD. Anywho,thank goodness for this topic,so we don't have to have all these random topics about romance,just taking up space.

Also,am I the only one who think Oboro and Tsukuyomi(?) would be the cutest androgynous couple ever?

Yes, Cyrus is indeed super attractive. And that ould be a beautiful androgynous couple. You're not alone lol

I find it surprising people are having a hard time telling the gender of the characters. Oh well.

I tell you, when I go Hoshido I am not marrying my Avatar to anyone sporting less than a C cup. I am not yet ready for a Fire Emblem where half the army is Lucious.

Since it's looking pretty probable that there's going to be no second generation in this game, for the idea of "passing skills" I think it would be interesting if you were able to have a unit's personal skill be passed over to the spouse. After all, if they're fighting together, chances are they'll pick up on each other's fighting style and attitudes while being around them.

If there aren't any same-sex romantic pairings I'm going to be very disappointed. I'm not feeling too optimistic though.

I think most people either support or have no problem with same-sex relationships(they can always just ignore the option),so if they don't show up,IS totally failed in my opinion...

I think most people either support or have no problem with same-sex relationships(they can always just ignore the option),so if they don't show up,IS totally failed in my opinion...

That's kind of overstating it though isn't it? It would be extremely disappointing, but that doesn't stop the game being good in other ways.

The problem is when people want their self-insert avatar to be able to marry anyone of the same gender regardless of whether or not it would be in character for the other person. Like, are you really some kind of wizard who can convince anyone in the world to reconsider their sexuality? Don't answer this

If they were reserved for only a few pairs in the game (e.g. Nephenee and Heather lol) that would be fine though

That's kind of overstating it though isn't it? It would be extremely disappointing, but that doesn't stop the game being good in other ways.

The game would still be awesome,and could still have awesome romance dialogue,but they would still have totally failed in the aspect of appealing to everyone.

The problem is when people want their self-insert avatar to be able to marry anyone of the same gender regardless of whether or not it would be in character for the other person. Like, are you really some kind of wizard who can convince anyone in the world to reconsider their sexuality? Don't answer this

If they were reserved for only a few pairs in the game (e.g. Nephenee and Heather lol) that would be fine though

I meant that character would have defined sexualities,and then romance would go on Kamui's gender,maybe a "platonic" green S and a "romance red" S,so you can choose if you want a romantic or platonic ending ^-^ So even straight people could have non-romantic same-gendered parings if they would like. The more realistic and logical options the better,also,the more options the better! As long as they keep a fine line between the fantasy and realistic aspects :)

I swear to god if Cyrus isn't one of the romancable ones for M!Kamui I will figuratively die.

Edited by StarScry