Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

Camilla/Belka

Please let this be an option! Camilla is the one character that as soon as I saw her, I wante to pair her with a girl so that no males would touch her. I love Camilla and I like the idea of these two strong females getting together

Okay, I can totally get behind this. After reading all the people saying they want to go the Nohr route so that they can romance Camilla, I would seriously crack up if she were locked into a relationship with Belka (which Belka's character description is at least teasing, maybe?).

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'll like OboroxTakumi. Maybe it's cause I just don't like Takumi who seems to have little personality besides moderate cynicism, but I feel like Oboro's apparent smugness is not a good match for him, or at least a waste of a hilarious character.

Edited by MajorMajora

^ are you really basing your opinion of their personalities off a couple lines and a sentence or 2 bio.

Well, I do think we don't have much better to go on. Of course I could be wrong and they'll be great together, but I don't think a crush is enough to say 2 people would be good together. I've had crushes on girls that I was glad i never asked out 6 months later.

Incorrect. The best ship is F! Kamui x Camilla.

More like CamillaxRinka is the best! Also F!KamuixRyoma! And TakumixOboro and SaizouxKagerou and FeliciaxNishiki and... Alright I need to stop now.

More like CamillaxRinka is the best!

No way. Rinka is too good for some perverted older sister. Okay maybe not perverted but she's obsessed with you, it seems. It should be M!KamuixRinka. 'nuff said.

No way. Rinka is too good for some perverted older sister. Okay maybe not perverted but she's obsessed with you, it seems. It should be M!KamuixRinka. 'nuff said.

Whatever floats your boat! Honestly if I get F!KamuixRyouma M!Kamui can keep Rinka. Ryouma-kun is so hot and manly... I have serious issues. But who cares!

...If Supports do come back in this game, I was thinking.

What if you manage to somehow S-Support with someone (if even possible) before you get the option to pick sides. Would it be possible, anyone think? Would they even come with you?

...If Supports do come back in this game, I was thinking.

What if you manage to somehow S-Support with someone (if even possible) before you get the option to pick sides. Would it be possible, anyone think? Would they even come with you?

I think no one will join you pre-choice who isn't available on both sides. So that would be...

Felicia, Joker, Gunther, Cyrus, Suzukaze.

So for the first chapters we have 2 healers with hidden weapons, a lord, a cav, a ninja, and a jeigan. Something seems… missing. No magic characters pre-6? Not to mention this likely includes the prologue. Interesting.

Anyone have any ideas about who would be a good match for Charlotte? I like the idea of her being with someone who's equally as pragmatic and plotting. I really like the idea of her being with someone who she can be an asshole with rather than someone who balances out her character. It would sort of undermine her originality and flair.

Anyone have any ideas about who would be a good match for Charlotte? I like the idea of her being with someone who's equally as pragmatic and plotting. I really like the idea of her being with someone who she can be an asshole with rather than someone who balances out her character. It would sort of undermine her originality and flair.

I actually plan on putting her with Benoit. I like how they share the looks don't match personality but swapped. But he might balance her out like you don't want. But if I end up hating her character I will marry her off to the poorest man possible in the game.

I actually plan on putting her with Benoit. I like how they share the looks don't match personality but swapped. But he might balance her out like you don't want. But if I end up hating her character I will marry her off to the poorest man possible in the game.

But wait, just imagine her trying to romance Takumi in the third path.

And then Oboro sees it and gets double angry because she's A: Nohr, and B: hitting on her crush.

Anyways, I was thinking about putting her with Leon, since he seems the most likely to fit the bill of what I want, mostly due to the fact that we don't know much about him. I guess he just strikes me as a tad super-villainy.

Okay, I can totally get behind this. After reading all the people saying they want to go the Nohr route so that they can romance Camilla, I would seriously crack up if she were locked into a relationship with Belka (which Belka's character description is at least teasing, maybe?).

That would be amusing, actually. Though I suspect that there were be a lot of disappointed people regarding Camilla anyways. Even if she's not blood related, she IS still the avatar's sister, and even if IS does go that route with her, I can't imagine the NoA that softened the cousin marriage in Awakening

would leave that untouched.

She does like strong women...

I'm very curious as to how Camilla will react when she sees Rinka, but considering they are on opposite sides, I'm not sure there's much of a chance for romance. But then again, there is the third path, which we don't know much about yet.

Hello folks glad to have finally decided to walk into Serene Forest.

I am honestly so happy to know that there will be a new Fire Emblem game. Can't wait!

Now I was certain to get settled so I thought I'd get started by throwing in my two cents in this thread.

Parts of thinks that there is a very slim chance that the "marriage system" will return there doesn't seem to much reason since we wont have kids in this one. Now its likely certain characters will have a sort of canon interest in one another. For example Oboro's crush on Takumi. Others may just have a sort of friendship at their end of the supports.

I have doubts that the Avatar can "romance" anyone but the player may of course get to play matchmaker like in previous installments. If I am wrong then the Avatar might have a very limited list of potential love interests. A few possible ones could be Felicia, Crimson, Cyrus, Elfie, and Joker basically characters outside of the family. Now I don't doubt that the Avatar can support with EVERYONE but anything beyond that is highly debatable.

Now if we do get to romance anyone I hope I can snuggle Felicia or the Amazon Goddess Rinka(Those abs....).

As I said though it still up in the air.

Welcome to SF, Iron Griffin. I'm inclined to agree with you there.

I'm just hoping the avatar has plenty of options. And perhaps the other main characters do, as well. It'd be a shame not to marry them each to someone.

personally, if they do do same-sex s supports, i do think that they shouldn't, as other people have said before me, do it with every character. the whole "everyone's bi" thing is really a good idea at first glance, but not actually, imo. i do think that there should be a fair bit to pick from no matter what you're going with, but the everyone's bi option is just.. not a good idea.

as for supports in general, i do think a mix of former and current systems would be best if they don't have same sex s supports. maybe if two characters have an a support and by the end of the game neither are married, they have maybe a 40-somewhere in the 50% chances to get a platonic (or implied relationship) ending?

if they're not going to give same-sex s supports, i think something like that may be a good alternative. however, that is decidedly wishful thinking on my part, and i doubt they'd do something like this.

as an afterthought, there'd maybe be some opposite sex supports that end at "A" and aren't family supports. like, come on people. some people in awakening just did not deserve to be shacked up with the other person.

personally, i don't think marriage will come back as hard (as it's not a mechanic to get a bunch of characters in this one), but if it does, i do think it should be more selective in a lot of ways.

Edited by falcoknights

Game wont suffer if its not in the game in to be honest. It was just a bunch of colored sprinkles on top a mound that was the actual treat. Also as you said it was mainly to get extra characters and its looking to me children are not going to be a thing for IF.

However should it come back then it would most likely be limited or the key word in your last sentence. Selective.

Edited by Iron Griffin

Game wont suffer if its not in the game in to be honest. It was just a bunch of colored sprinkles on top a mound that was the actual treat. Also as you said it was mainly to get extra characters and its looking to me children are not going to be a thing for IF.

However should it come back then it would most likely be limited or the key word in your last sentence. Selective.

yeah, i'm hoping for selective if it does. i understand that the marriage thing was a big deal, but it's not like it has to be there this time around. i am hoping for a more limited, selective one, really.

yeah, i'm hoping for selective if it does. i understand that the marriage thing was a big deal, but it's not like it has to be there this time around. i am hoping for a more limited, selective one, really.

Maybe the Avatar could be given a small number of love interests, kind of like Chrom or Sumia in Awakening. In turn, maybe only a few characters could have kids if they are returning.

Well, one thing that awakening didn't have, even with an avatar, was dialogue options.

I don't believe that we'll have in if either, but... it would be nice, like, when you reach an A support there would be options of dialogue that determine your relationship with the character.

Like... one option leads to a normal support, just the avatar & character as friends

The other one leads to an ending together, but not a romantic one

And the last option leads to a romantic end

Of course, that would be exclusive for the avatar...

Like I said, I don't think it will happen, but what you guys think?

Dialogue options?

Hmmmmmm not certain. Too early to tell with IF mainly because we still haven't heard anything else about the support system yet and we might not till its release in Japan.

Could be cool though but at the same time not really necessary.

Edited by Iron Griffin