Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd think then they would just stick to the A-B-C system then if that was the case.

Mmm but if they did then it would feel like we get less. I mean that's taking out one more support, one more chance to get to know the character, and I don't know if that's necessarily such a good idea.

But the S-Rank was simply for the marriage bonus in Awakening and was limited to only once pairing for that little extra punch when said characters fought together. The other games managed fine with both character and gameplay without them before so why would it make sense to have it when there is no need for it. Giving S-Rank bonuses to every relationship is ludicrous as well as it would make every pairing OP as hell.

But the S-Rank was simply for the marriage bonus in Awakening and was limited to only once pairing for that little extra punch when said characters fought together. The other games managed fine with both character and gameplay without them before so why would it make sense to have it when there is no need for it. Giving S-Rank bonuses to every relationship is ludicrous as well as it would make every pairing OP as hell.

They can dumb down the bonuses, like they did with Pair-Up, so I don't see that much of a problem. And if giving S-Rank to everyone is too much, they can go back too Awakening where it's only for romantic relationships. And who says it has to be marriage? It can simply be the romantic relationship blossoming or deepening rather then just marriage. Marriage can wait until the ending, so that there aren't weddings in the middle of a battlefield, or right before.

That would be ideal. Also when I said marriage I meant romantic pair ups in a broader sense. But considering there hasn't been much info at all on it its possible that little has changed since they creators are so excited to show off all the new goodies but that's just my thought.

I'm pretty sure S supports are coming back, and that they'll be romantic. Here's why:

Ask yourself this: Why did there used to be a support limit? Well, I can think of 2 answers to that question.

1. Since support are based on proximity and give stat bonuses, and a unit can receive multiple support bonuses at once, there was a need to limit the number of supports to keep the feature from becoming too powerful.

2. A character should only be able to get one unique ending (it'd be weird if someone married 2 different love interests in the credits sequence), and therefore there must be a 5-support limit, because if a unit could get 6 then they could feasibly get 2 A supports, which would break the continuity.

Now, in awakening, supports changed. Issue 1 is a non-factor since any unit can only get 1 support bonus at a given time. That leaves only issue 2. However, limiting support numbers isn't fun since it causes 2 problems of its own:

A. Since there is now ideal combinations of units (you wouldn't want to put your unit with anyone they haven't A-supported), there is limited strategic diversity.

B. You can't go in depth with the story as much as you could if supports were unlimited.

Is decided to solve this problem (well, B at least) by replacing support limits with S supports. This solves issue 2 while allowing unlimited. supports.

Since supports haven't changed, S supports will stay. However, I do suppose there may be platonic ones, but the key is S supports will be the ones that induce unique endings.

Yeah, it would be odd to include this FE Amie and the Hubba tester if you couldn't actually romance anyone. Waifu simulation is one of the things that made Awakening popular, so it'd be a bad choice to get rid of it. But I dunno, they're making a lot of weird decisions on this one. Since it potentially could be a selling point, if it were included, I would think that they'd have mentioned it by now.

Maybe by now it's like a given that it'll be in the game so they don't see the point in advertising it? Seems a bit weird that there's no coverage AT ALL on support conversations, let alone romantic ones, but they probably have their reasons. I mean, half of the advertising campaign so far has just been explaining how different everything is and how it's going to work, whereas I imagine support conversations will remain largely the same and therefore don't warrant that much explanation. Still, seems a bit strange but there are still two weeks left.

I was kind of hoping for limited support convos (i.e, characters only have a few options that make sense based on story context) but it's shaping up to be unlimited like Awakening again.

Yeah, it would be odd to include this FE Amie and the Hubba tester if you couldn't actually romance anyone. Waifu simulation is one of the things that made Awakening popular, so it'd be a bad choice to get rid of it. But I dunno, they're making a lot of weird decisions on this one. Since it potentially could be a selling point, if it were included, I would think that they'd have mentioned it by now.

They still have at least one article in Famitsu covering the game's new features and they promised more pages for next week. If there's something new, it could be there. If there isn't anything new about the supports, or they've been stripped down, it's odd that they didn't get them out of the way earlier. I just can't see them not mentioning supports at all pre-launch, aside from the name popping up in menus.

Edited by NeonZ

So apparently according to recent issues of Famitsu Aqua and a Male Avatar can become an item what that means for everyone is uncertain though.

It says this? in what issue? does it say anything in general about supports?

So apparently according to recent issues of Famitsu Aqua and a Male Avatar can become an item what that means for everyone is uncertain though.

Do you have any link?

Also, it'd be weird if the male avatar could romance Aqua or "become an item" with her or whatever and no other romantic supports or anything were available. I doubt they'd do that, right?

Also, it'd be weird if the male avatar could romance Aqua or "become an item" with her or whatever and no other romantic supports or anything were available. I doubt they'd do that, right?

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about that. It could just be like the default pairing, y'know how in other games like Harvest Moon or Rune Factory where there's one girl who's pushed to you but you have the option of choosing the other girls as well.

I'm not certain which issue(s) I apologize in this regard it sounds like random information and I am looking for the article as we speak to confirm it but if true this does suggest other pairings are very possible.

wait did you find this on tv tropes?

Yeah not a reliable source that is why I said was looking into an actual source which either A)Does not exist or B) I am not looking in the right place. Its leaning towards A at the moment. :P:

Tv tropes a fun site but like with every wiki take it with a grain of salt, well we can look back in to see said quote I doubt it exist but hey could be wrong.