Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

Woah woah. If this is real I am actually going to be happy :3

I like the whole idea of children that change appearance depending on the parents.

But I think we shouldn't jump to conclusions yet.

I mean, nothing says anywhere that they come from the future. It could just be some kind of time lapse where you child was able to grow a bit (believe it or not, war takes many years to end). Besides, Nintendo knows that people didn't like the time travel thing. They're not gonna put it back in there.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we don't know if these children travel through time or what. Could be over time.

Kamui looks exactly the same. So unless his dragon blood keeps him from aging, it has to be via time travel.

Kamui looks exactly the same. So unless his dragon blood keeps him from aging, it has to be via time travel.

I don't think this is implausible, given the history of Manaketes in the series.

Would actually be pretty cool, especially if we lost the older generation.

I'll just leave this thread for a few hours (I guess) and come back later, by which time people will hopefully have figured out whether this is a fake or whether its actually legitimate after all.

I'm fine with either outcome, to be honest…. it doesn't make a huge difference to me.

In the screenshot the daughter (Kanna) talks about being able to fight in the 'outside world'. I think yesterday's Famitsu said something about My Castle being in a separate dimension of some sort, so perhaps the flow of time is just... different in My Castle?

(I would really hate it if that's really the explanation they come up with though, if this is real.)

Edited by Icy Toast

It could be something limited to gaiden chapters or My Castle, rather than involved in the main story, just like getting characters from the other campaigns or adding Marth and Lucina to your army. Unlike Lucina in Awakening, the main characters' child here doesn't even seem to be a main character herself. So, this could be a complete non-factor for the actual plot.

How is this not going to affect the plot? They have to come back for a reason, they have to know how the world was like after the war. How's that not determinant to the story?

"Lol I am your future daughter, and the future is shit pops! Let me help you."

"Wait kid, how was it like?"

"Everyone dies!"

How can a character like this not be a key one??

Bad writing?

Now I'm sorta mad. Children were popular but there is no appart reason to bring them back. This is just fanservice, at this point.

I thought the same, then realized he does have dragon blood, and they age slowly. But I'm still wondering if the entire Hoshido family have dragon blood, or if Kamui is special. He has pointed ears... And can you even see the ears of the entire Hoshidan royal family? They all seem to have long hair that covers them.

If there were some kind of timeskip, I think the marketing would have shown at least two of these children (one Hoshido, another Nohr) as part of the main cast, even if they weren't initially revealed to be children, just like Lucina. Yet, here we are. Also, the avatar, the main character here, gets his child from a S support, rather than a story event. Even her hair color seems to be based on the spouse, rather than fixed like Lucina's.

How is this not going to affect the plot? They have to come back for a reason, they have to know how the world was like after the war. How's that not determinant to the story?

"Lol I am your future daughter, and the future is shit pops! Let me help you."

"Wait kid, how was it like?"

"Everyone dies!"

How can a character like this not be a key one??

You can say the same thing about Marth, Lucina or Ike popping up carrying even their legendary weapons joining Kamui. These are people who changed the fate of wars before, and yet they'll be side characters here with no interactions outside of My Castle. You could even say that about getting characters from other My Castles. You'd think that two Kamuis suddenly running around in the same world would be important, but it won't.

If that scan is real, this really seems like side-content, rather than a core part of the story. Yeah, they'll have an excuse to appear, but that excuse could be completely ignored in the main story, and they'd go unmentioned and with no interaction in the story scenes, just like all Awakening children aside from Lucina.

Edited by NeonZ

Even so, it's not uncommon for characters to just.... not look like they aged in a time jump of about 15~ years or so especially in anime, and especially when doing so would need nearly all the units to have new sprites, etc

I wanna add that the terribad layout might be because whoever doctored this (if it is an elaborate hoax) moved the real screencaps (felicia's confession cg, felicia/kamui convo, tsukuyomi/orochi convo, perhaps even the utena-esque cg?) around to make room for the doctored images..... besides that, some pictures seem to flat with the way the page bends.... so the entire thing might not be fake but.... still if 2ch is taking it seriously..... shrugs

i wanted marriage, not..... this....

People on 2ch are not gods though, they could still be fooled if it was designed well enough.

Well, most of them have probably read this magazine more often than any of us have, so as much as I would like to believe that it's fake, if 2ch is in agreement that it's real, then I guess it probably is.

Then again, noone else apart from the initial leaker seems to have been able to buy a copy yet, so we can't be 100% sure yet.

Edited by Icy Toast

I don't think this is implausible, given the history of Manaketes in the series.

Would actually be pretty cool, especially if we lost the older generation.

They damn well better not timeskip and kill off or severely age the rest of the cast to make room for these kids I don't want.

My, that would be fun !

Eh, I just though about something, imagine if Kamui fall in love with one of the second gen, how awkward it would be :p

Well, I don't see why they didn't have it so parents and children could fight together. Not Awakening time-travel, but it would be better. Inheritance would probably exist, and they would give the parents weapons that kept them useful for the entire game.

Well, most of them have probably read this magazine more often than any of us have, so as much as I would like to believe that it's fake, if 2ch is in agreement that it's real, then I guess it probably is.

Then again, noone else apart from the initial leaker seems to have been able to buy a copy yet, so we can't be 100% sure yet.

That also means that they would be much better at imitating its style to make it look legit, if as you say, those grammar quirks are typical for Nintendo Dream.

Isn't it weird that a magazine that has never provided us with significant information ahead of Famitsu/Dengeki in the past suddenly drops this bombshell not too long before the release date?

Meh if this does turn out to be real I'll just end up looking like an idiot. It might be less "Rayman in Smash" and more "DAE shulk is a photoshopped little mac??"

Edited by Bovinian

My, that would be fun !

Eh, I just though about something, imagine if Kamui fall in love with one of the second gen, how awkward it would be :p

Let us please keep Awakening syndrome from this game. It already is a balanced version of it at best.

I would think that if a timeskip was involved, it probably would be mentioned, unless you getting a child doesn't happen until very late in the game, almost as like an epilogue. So you finish the game, you maybe get a wedding scene, and all the kids. Maybe then you can keep doing battles/DLC/etc with the kids, but they aren't involved in the main story. Maybe that doesn't make sense though.

Isn't it weird that a magazine that has never provided us with significant information ahead of Famitsu/Dengeki in the past suddenly drops this bombshell not too long before the release date?

Yeah, it certainly is. But the cover of this month's Nintendo Dream does seem to indicate that it includes new gameplay information, so it's (unfortunately) not outside of the realm of possibility...