Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still in shock...I mean I will still buy both games and the third path..but I just really wanted same-sex options in the game. And this is the deathknell, unless weird dragon magic makes it possible for men to get pregnant (please don't actually do this).

I know the possibilty was slim from the start but I just kept on hoping that at least Kamui might..agh maybe in the next game.. :(

Sorry, but no amount of cheering will make me happy about this. Let's hope the little anklebiters don't steal the story from the main cast.

I'm not surprised there is no Same Sex Relationships or Marriage in general but seriously kids? How the hell does that work????

Pandering to the Awakening newbies.

I'm not surprised there is no Same Sex Relationships or Marriage in general but seriously kids? How the hell does that work????

Probably Outrealm shenanigans..or, dare I say it..Time Travel :(

I suppose if it's legit it makes same sex romance even more unlikely though.

Yeah, and that is pretty disappointing. There's still no excuse for not having it among the second generation characters though (not that there was in Awakening either).

The more resources are put into relationship stuff and children the more glaring the lack of it will be though, and people were already quite vocal about not having it in Awakening, so who knows. Maybe in a future game.

Edited by EJ107

Yeah, and that is pretty disappointing. There's still no excuse for not having it among the second generation characters though (not that there was in Awakening either).

Considering this is a game about a half dragon and his magic friends, there's really no excuse for not having it in the first generation either, but for some reason writers never want to use magic for stuff like that. And apparently adoption is illegal or something.

Considering this is a game about a half dragon and his magic friends, there's really no excuse for not having it in the first generation either, but for some reason writers never want to use magic for stuff like that. And apparently adoption is illegal or something.

Haha, much as I support same sex pairings magic babies would be a little weird.

But yeah, It would be great and perfectly reasonable for two same gender units to have an adopted kid. And since there must be so many possible pairings across both routes It would add some nice variety, as well as the potential for some very different and heartwarming parent/child support conversations. Like two Hoshido units adopting a Nohr orphan or vice-versa.

I think it's clear that won't be happening though, unfortunately.

Edited by EJ107

Not all writers are against using those in writing. Fate/Stay Night did/referenced both as character backstories.

"I know how to please a man." - Saber

How would you know how to give such an epic BJ despite never having laid with anyone not even your knights unless........... :wacko:

Well, yeah, the lines themselves during those scenes were generally atrocious. But the story and lore and such around said scenes was pretty solid.

It sucks when a game series I love basically tells me "Nope sorry, people like you don't exist. Now let me explain how the dragon transformation is going to work and then I'll show you ten different kinds of flying pegasi!!"

I'm not even asking for adoption. Just the abilty to have my avatar share my sexual orientation and have at least one or two people to be happy with.

Guess, Bioware just spoiled me.

Yeah, but FE and Bioware games are pretty different.

Kay. Let's take a japanese game then. Tales of Zestiria is the first Tales game to feature a gay main couple. It's not stated outright, but it's all but proclaimed.

And what about Fire Emblem makes it impossible to include same-sex couples? The kids? Please, there is adoption, and if you want to say: "That takes too much effort with everything involved", come on in a game filled with so many characters would it have really been so difficult to design replacement kid orphans?

FE4 had replacement kids if your units died on you. That's clearly no excuse.