Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

Welcome to the SF suites, Mr.Griffin. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Wait this isn't a hotel

Aaaanyways, if romance is there then I'd be happy and it seems like it will. Well kinda. I mean one of the only hints I saw was on the Japanese website for FE:if, on Rinka's page. In one of the portraits Rinka is smiling and, correct me if I'm wrong, she says "The previous surprise attack was unacceptable." Now it could just be me but that seems like it could be one of her support dialogues, perhaps A or even the beginning of an S support. And... well... the surprise attack could be a surprise kiss? I dunno. Kinda like in the Summer Scramble DLC for Awakening, where Robin and Cordelia "ambush" each other if they're married and Cordelia kisses Robin which surprises him and they describe it as a sneak attack or something.

This is just speculation though. I could probably be wrong about the whole thing.

Also, if it is a support then notice how the models of the characters are shown, instead of the usual 2D background with the character portraits. So that's something I noticed.

Edited by DualMix

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would make things easier with all the discuss over marriage, like, you can choose what kind of ending you want with a character, but yeah, I agree that its not necessary, just an easier way to solve the "problem".

I still am horribly out of the loop when people are saying they don't want/don't think "marriage" will return. Do you mean S supports? Kids? Something else? My god I seriously want people to start using less vague terminology, or else I'll start complaining about ow much the weapon mechanic sucks or how I hope they fix the range issue.

Edited by MajorMajora

I still am horribly out of the loop when people are saying they don't want/don't think "marriage" will return. Do you mean S supports? Kids? Something else? My god I seriously want people to start using less vague terminology, or else I'll start complaining about ow much the weapon mechanic sucks or how I hope they fix the range issue.

I think they're talking about literal marriage like how every S support in Awakening, the male somehow had a ring every single time. And children probably won't return so I don't think they mean that. S supports are something I want to stay. Just... let them have a romantic relationship that doesn't involve them getting married until later, like in the ending. I mean I'd be totally fine if a few, like royals, did have a marriage ceremony but other then that, just save until the end.

That's what I think it means at least.

I think they're talking about literal marriage like how every S support in Awakening, the male somehow had a ring every single time. And children probably won't return so I don't think they mean that. S supports are something I want to stay. Just... let them have a romantic relationship that doesn't involve them getting married until later, like in the ending. I mean I'd be totally fine if a few, like royals, did have a marriage ceremony but other then that, just save until the end.

That's what I think it means at least.

Well I agree that they should just get in a relationship at the S rank, but man everyone else seems to be talking more about… romantic supports as a whole? Or kids? Man, I don't know.

On another note, I wouldn't mind some more specificity, if only so that I would share more ships with other people (My F!MorganxOwain OTP will forever have no fan art), but I also personally like the freedom of pairing up characters based on what romances I like.

Welcome to the SF suites, Mr.Griffin. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Wait this isn't a hotel

Aaaanyways, if romance is there then I'd be happy and it seems like it will. Well kinda. I mean one of the only hints I saw was on the Japanese website for FE:if, on Rinka's page. In one of the portraits Rinka is smiling and, correct me if I'm wrong, she says "The previous surprise attack was unacceptable." Now it could just be me but that seems like it could be one of her support dialogues, perhaps A or even the beginning of an S support. And... well... the surprise attack could be a surprise kiss? I dunno. Kinda like in the Summer Scramble DLC for Awakening, where Robin and Cordelia "ambush" each other if they're married and Cordelia kisses Robin which surprises him and they describe it as a sneak attack or something.

This is just speculation though. I could probably be wrong about the whole thing.

Also, if it is a support then notice how the models of the characters are shown, instead of the usual 2D background with the character portraits. So that's something I noticed.

On your speculation considering that the conversation most likely takes place before the split (due to the middle colour text box) I kinda doubt it is a support convo as Rinka will leave you soon, let alone a romantic one (A or S) thx for telling me what she was saying though. Edited by goodperson707

I'm still curious as to why its taking so long for information on supports to come out. Hell we've gotten pretty much everything else along with the kitchen sink.

i'm wondering about that too as why they kept such silence regarding support.

I'm still curious as to why its taking so long for information on supports to come out. Hell we've gotten pretty much everything else along with the kitchen sink.

Probably because emphasis is on how different the game currently is. It's all going on the plot, new classes, new mechanics, new characters, etc. Supports are kinda taken for granted since Pair-up goes hand-by-hand with supports, and several facilities in My Castle are based around gaining support points.

By the way guys support conversations are confirmed:

https://youtu.be/45cSvpxNYeA?t=150

Upper right option, same spot as in Awakening's menu

You really got my hopes up. I'm glad they didn't replace support with that face-groping thingy.

Edited by Lawful Angry

Come on you know you want some face-groping........ :smug:

Somebody is in denial here... Hehehe!

XD Hehe.

Ok, jokes aside, honestly i see no problems with the face-rubbing thingy, it's just another feature of the game. I was just afraid they would use it as an excuse to remove support conversations from the game again.

Edited by Lawful Angry

Yea, plus I mean it's been stated that you need a high support level with someone before you can even do the 'skin-shipping' stuff with someone (who came up with such a term?!). Whether this level is based on the letter grade of support you're on with that person or with how much you two fight with each other though is still up in the air.

I think a high level of trust is needed before you let some touch like that. Just my opinion though so it could be based on the rank.

Eh. I think it would all go something like this.

[spoiler=Poor Rinka]Kamui:Dammit, I'm the Prince! I have rights!

Joker:M-Milord... isn't this asking too much?

Kamui:Hell no! Now bring her to my quarters!

Joker:Yes milord...

-several minutes later-(like in Spongebob.)

Rinka:You needed me?

Kamui:Well y'know... I'm gonna touch you.

Rinka:W-what!?

Joker:Oh gods help us....

-Kamui then proceeds to play with Rinka's hair-

Rinka:Can I go now?

Kamui:No.

Edited by DualMix