Elieson

First Side you'll pick?  

482 members have voted

1. 1. First Side you'll pick?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nohr because I prefer the more modern style in the characters/clothing and also because a lot of it's objectives and overall mechanics remind me of past games and adds a bit more of a challenge. Obviously the third path were you pick neither side is the best way to go (I like the thought of being a rebel and going against the odds/striking it alone) but seeing as that's not an option I'll have to side with Nohr.

maybe the third path consist in bring the peace in the whole continent? or maybe just kill all 'cause both sides are plenty of horrible persons

I will start with Nohr. Not because of the difficulty (actually that frightens me a little bit...) but i think bloodlines are not that important for me. I'd like to side with those who raised my Avatar as their own. It just feels right! :)

I'll do both/all three eventually, but my first playthrough will definitely be Nohr! More diverse victory conditions and limited exp/money is a really big plus for me, and changing your country from within just seems much more interesting plot-wise than resisting the big bad agressor country like we've done in so many games before this.

(Oh, and it's interesting how Nohr seems to be the more popular choice here, while Hoshido is pulling ahead in terms of pre-orders right now.)

Nohr, more diverse chapters, Harold, characters that appeal to me more, the option to play under the banner of the classic stereotypical villain kingdom; I'm hooked.

Though I will play Hoshido and third later.

I think I would probably play the Nohr campaign first, I like the idea of working for the eviler kingdom instead of playing the outright good guys in this case, also Nohr has Camilla.

I will probably end up playing the other routes later.

Ugh, with all the new features, I decided to start with the Hoshido as a 'practice run'. Don't get me wrong though, Nohr is most definately going to be my favorite campaign. However, I thought that starting with the easier route on 'Hard Mode' would help me get used to the new weapon triangle, skills, etc.

Save the best for last, right? Although, it's going to annoy me that I won't be able to use any Dark Mages or Dark Knights while I am with the Hoshido.

I hope there will be a special bundle, once the game reaches American shores, that will have all three routes available so I can start the three routes simultaneously..

Edited by Leif

I will be playing Hoshido due to the fact that Sakura is adorable and because of the abundance of ninjas. Also, I dislike quite a few Nohr characters. And judging by the Nohr chapter Treehouse thingy, Nohr doesn't seems to really care about you. I mean, Elise is the only Royal that goes and helps you. The others just sit around and drink darkness-flavored tea of something. Plus, Camilla has a horrible design, though, granted, Orochi is also ugly. I am not saying Hoshido is perfect, but I believe you should give them more of a chance to bond with you by siding with them. And no, I did not choose Hoshido for only Ninjas.

Edited by ~Inigo~

def picking Hoshido first just because it's easier, i like being able to grind. In Nohr I feel like I'll have to conserve experience carefully and im not about that life. third path sounds interesting though, might like that better than both options.

Nohr won me over at the very beginning, but since it's the harder path i'll probably play Hoshido first, just so i don't feel it's way too easy. That doesn't change my opinion that blood is worthless when compared to loyalty, though.

I prefer Nohr, I like the designs, setting, the supposedly better story, etc. I do really like Hoshido as well, but I'm still firmly in the Nohr camp.

As to which side I'll pick on my first run, I'll have the first five chapters help me decide. I'll probably do whatever ends up feeling morally right. Kind of tough though.

The third path is probably the best option. But we don't talk about that yet.

Nohr has one reason - Awakening was obviously designed with a bit of grinding in mind as such it was rather easy to either get units that are very underleveled but if you start grinding you easily get overleveled and make it really easy, the only thing that isn't easy is finding that perfect balance (and Lunatic that's also not easy) . So I extremely excited for Nohr because it will be designed with that amount of exp in mind so you will usually be in that perfect spot. Hoshido on the other hand will suffer the same fate as awakening

I'll get Nohr. A hard, brutal kind of FE like older FE in 3D with feet!

Harder, Darker, Eastern, teh color black, and strange bunch of characters ready to unfold my story. Sad I don't get to stick with Tsukuyomi and Hinoka (whom I originally thought was male...) :|

Hmmm, anime gives me trust issues. Play some other FE's while I wait.