Locked into pairs, need help!

Hey there, so I might have made some wrong decisions when pairing and already saved over my data and don't want to restart my game (again). I'm not playing on any hard settings but could use some advice for the rest of my pairings.

Here goes...

Sumia x chrom

Sully x stahl

lissa x ricken

Cordelia x LQ

Nowi x donnel

The following are free

Olivia

Cherche

Panne

Tharaja

Maribelle

Muriel

MU Fem

Free men

Fred

Vaike

Virion

Kellem

Gaius

Gregor

Henry

Libra

Any advice (other than restart) would be amazing.

Thanks!

Edited by Punkheadphones

Well, the pairings you have (save Stahl x Sully) are actually fantastic so far. Ricken X Lissa, Sumia X Chrom, Lon'qu X Cordelia and Donnel X Nowi are actually, respectively, some of the best in the game in their own ways. You could have done far, FAR worse -- trust me.

With that said, going with Gaius X Tharja would probably be advised so Noire can have Galeforce. I might also recommend Frederick or Vaike X Cherche (take your pick) for a good physical support Gerome, as well as Henry X Maribelle to get Brady the Sorcerer class.

Out of your remaining fathers, I would recommend doing Libra with Olivia so Inigo gets some decent magical options, as well as Tomefaire should you choose to run him as a Dread Fighter or Sorcerer.

In this setup, I would recommend Virion with Miriel as he's the only one remaining who doesn't hurt Laurent's magic -- the thing he needs most. You could also switch Virion and Henry because Brady can really function with any father in the game.

Panne can go with anyone because Yarne is unsalvageable. Honestly, just take your pick from those remaining -- it won't save him, anyway.

Edited by Riobhain

Ah so this is normal/casual mode? Let me give you some fun pairings that I think would work well for you.

Vaike x Cherche

Kellam x Panne

Libra x Olivia

Henry x Tharja

Virion x Maribelle

Gregor x Miriel

F!MU x Fred (As long as you reclass Freddy into a wyvern rider and pass down Luna)

Well, the pairings you have (save Stahl x Sully) are actually fantastic so far. Ricken X Lissa, Sumia X Chrom, Lon'qu X Cordelia and Donnel X Nowi are actually, respectively, some of the best in the game in their own ways. You could have done far, FAR worse -- trust me.

These are fine for the most part, BUT Nowi X Donnel is pretty poor in terms of Apotheosis. Despite having Galeforce, Nah has no offensive procs and a terrible Speed modifier, which makes her basically the worst Galeforce user in the entire game.

I might also recommend Frederick or Vaike X Cherche (take your pick) for a good physical support Gerome, as well as Henry X Maribelle to get Brady the Sorcerer class.

Gerome wants +Hit skills, since his optimal role is as a dedicated Support unit. Frederick only gives him active skills like PavGis & Luna, which are cool but won't be used if Gerome's being used in Apotheosis. Vaike gives him a godly Strength modifier, but no +Hit skills. The extra Strength ends up being mostly superfluous after factoring in Limit Breaker, Aggressor, etc.

Henry X Gerome would actually be preferable in this case for the Dark Mage auras, since Brady's fine with anyone who doesn't kill his mods.

Sage > Sorcerer for Apotheosis. The extra defensive stats are pretty useless and actually make Vantage-Vengeance harder to set up, if that's your goal. Vengeance access for Brady is nice though.

Panne can go with anyone because Yarne is unsalvageable. Honestly, just take your pick from those remaining -- it won't save him, anyway.

Endgame, is that you ?

Anyways, Yarne's definitely not useless, since his mods are superior to Gerome's for the most part, so physical hard Support.

Edited by burgerkong

There is a huge amount of conflicting advice being posted here and I strongly second taking your question to the linked thread. Also, make sure to say what you want these pairings for (if the answer doesn't involve DLC or trivializing anything including and above Hard mode, then the only thing that matters is how much you like the pairs).