Character deaths

Character deaths  

33 members have voted

1. 1. In which FE part do you have the most character deaths?

2. 2. Which lord does die the most?

Three questions

1. Which units do tend to die very often in your runs
  2. Which FE game does cause you the most deaths?
  3. Which lord does die the most?

A few examples by myself:

• FE6: Lilina (in the Sacae-route she was doubled by pretty much everyone), Chad (oneshotted by bolting or purge)
  • FE8: Marisa (somehow I don't pay attention, where I place her; I overrestimate her dodging abilities)
  • FE9: Rhys (slow and fragile)
  • FE10: Laura (level one base stats and very tough enemies), Micaiah (in 1-9, resolve doesn't prevent her by getting hit)
  • FE13: Maribelle (slow and fragile in the beginning), Robin (lunatic + earlygame => cancelled my run after chapter 3)

In general I've some problems to save my healers. Either they get oneshotted, or they get doubled.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

I really messed up bad in Genealogy. All of my team was dead by the end of chapter 5.

Joking aside, we're just suppose to list the units who've died the most on us, right? Cause there's no voting poll, which'd probably take a lot of effort if there was one!

I really messed up bad in Genealogy. All of my team was dead by the end of chapter 5.

Joking aside, we're just suppose to list the units who've died the most on us, right? Cause there's no voting poll, which'd probably take a lot of effort if there was one!

I don't know, how many playable units the entire FE series does have, but there are some...

... so the voting poll is only focussed on the lords.

If certain units are died very often, you can add them in a text like I did.

I think there's no better way.

Most of the character deaths I've experienced were in FE1. I guess I was experimenting with the arena a little bit too much.

And it's easy to get overconfident, especially when there's no combat forecast to tell you you're overestimating your characters' abilities.

I don't know if there's any particular characters I have trouble with keeping alive. I guess it's mostly characters that are powerful but pretty fragile on the defensive front (e.g. Linde) because I tend to get too confident with them.

As for lords, Marth, since the only non-Marth game I've played extensively is FE2, and I only had Alm/Celica die once or twice, so there's no competition for me there.

Makes sense. So let's see...

FE1/3/11/12: Probably Bord or Cord. One of them.

FE2: Leo, mostly because of his recruitment map. I've gotten better at keeping him alive long enough to use him, but the numbers add up.

FE4: Alec. You're the speedy cavalier, goddamn act like it and dodge.

FE5: Haven't played enough.

FE6: Sophia and Cath. Sophia is just...arse, and Cath because I get greedy/impatient when it comes to trasure hunting, so I'll deploy 3 thieves if I feel it's necessary.Of those 3, she has the worst track record.

FE7: Priscilla, I think. Which is a shame, because mounted healing is extremely helpful, but shit happens. Also maybe Dorcas or Bartre. Speeeed.

FE8: Knoll gets nulled. That luck man.

FE9/10: Haven't played at all.

FE13: Stahl or Sully. They seem to take turns. It's weird.

FE4: Seliph. Stop dying, please... ;w;

FE6: Roy and Sophia. Get better growths, Roy. Don't join so weak, Sophia. ;w;

FE7: Lyn and Sain. Both never grow well for me.

FE8: Nobody because we're perfect-- Actually we're not. L'Arachel (maybe on purpose).

FE13: Nobody because we've been grinded so much we can murder anything.

My most deaths is a tie in the Elibe series...

Mostly, I think Roy dies the most for me.

I totally accidentally let L'arachel die in my FE8 runs. Totally not on purpose.

Three questions

1. Which units do tend to die very often in your runs
  2. Which FE game does cause you the most deaths?
  3. Which lord does die the most?

A lot of my character deaths are actually pretty equal (except FE10 and 11, for obvious reasons), so I'm going to go by which the ones I remember giving me trouble.

1) Going to go by the ones I've played the most:

FE7 - Nino, for very obvious reasons. Raven in Hector Hard Mode Cog of Destiny.

FE9 - Soren, even when he gets up and going. He sometimes gets really unlucky with RNs and I don't spare a Seraph Robe on him.

FE10 - Micaiah and Laura. One is not mandatory and I would bench her there was another healer. The other is frustratingly mandatory.

FE11 - Too hard to name because GAIDENS. Without gaidens, that's Jagen for the Prologue choice. (Jagen would not be the choice if I played on the harder difficulties)

FE13 - remembering from Lunatic+, it would actually be Avatar and Chrom since I concentrated all efforts on them. I think Tharja was the last one that gave me trouble in my Lunatic+ attempt.

2) Obviously 11 for the Gaidens and Prologue choice. Normally? I think that goes to FE10 Hard mode and FE13 Lunatic+.

3) Micaiah: GET SOME HP AND SPEED OR SO HELP ME--

Honestly, I never troble with character deaths unless its FE1, 4, or 5.

Clerics in 1 useally wind up dying since combat is the ONLY way they can net exp, and I overestimate their dodgetankyness

Lex I ligitimately thought was a bad unit in my first playthrough since he got 2 shotted in the darn prolouge, and 1 shotted in chapter 1.

Leif in FE5, I hate this lord. I'm sorry to any Leif fans out there, but I don't like him at all. It dosen't help that he dies ALL the darn time due to crap bases Roy laughs at, and growths that are actually sightly worse than Roy's. Again, I don't to offend Leif fans, but I just don't like the guy. I'm sorry if I offended you anyway tho

FE11 - Too hard to name because GAIDENS. Without gaidens, that's Jagen for the Prologue choice. (Jagen would not be the choice if I played on the harder difficulties)

2) Obviously 11 for the Gaidens and Prologue choice. Normally? I think that goes to FE10 Hard mode and FE13 Lunatic+.

Yeah, I expected with this.

I must admit I forgot to exclude sacrificing in my topic, because these deaths are only based on purpose and not on mistakes by the players or unlucky RNG.

However it's different, whenever you sacrifice a weaker unit to spare the life of a better unit.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

FE12 has a bunch of places where it's impossible to put a unit and have them survive, where I threw useless units (like Yubello or free Silvers) at strong enemies to manipulate the attacking order and make the unit supposed to facetank survive. Similarly, I use meatshields in drafts when they're allowed so I can protect the Lord / bosskiller / important routing unit / whatever.

Outside of strategic sacrafices, deaths usually happen because I rescue-drop a unit too far into enemy range or forget to check their HP before dropping them. I reset in those cases. I guess Cormag died a couple of times because I just threw him at many enemies. As for Lords, they tend not to die for me. My strats often don't put the Lord into anything risky (even if I wouldn't mind doing so).

5,6 and 10 I lose units a lot because hard modes make the game extremely hard. As for lords Micaiah is an obvious one although I find myself killing Roy a little to much in early FE6.

Loathe as I am to admit, Roy and Micaiah are most death prone. Pathetic defenses (besides Micaiah's Res) and all does no favors for them. Roy steps it up on promo, but it's so late it almost doesn't matter.

Die most in FE10, probably. Though I'm perfectionist and reset.

FE4-Haven't played far enough yet

FE6-Shanna.I want to use her,but I always,always send her in the range of an archer.

FE7-Florina,Serra,Rebbeca,Matthew and Erk,until I started to use him.

FE8-Moulder,Franz,Venessa and Syrene.

FE13-Lissa.Only Lissa because I sometimes just throw her into the fray for no apparent reason.

I'm playing through FE6 redux, and I stand by this. For me personally, I just let units die and just kind of shrug it off as nothing. The way the game is made, units just kinda fizzle out, and I don't remember units being particularly good at moments, so I kind of just let... Some of them die and don't really care.

How does Laura have pathetic base stats for a level 1 first tier unit?

The same way any unit can have pathetic bases for their level regardless of where they start. Laura's stats actually aren't bad. The issue is that she gets Staff EXP and not enough time to realistically level, and her caps are garbage, so even if you do raise her, you still get a pretty crummy unit overall.

How does Laura have pathetic base stats for a level 1 first tier unit?

Yeah, my choice of words wasn't quite correct.

Her base stats aren't pathetic for being a level 1 cleric, that's true.

I only meant pathetic compared to the enemies' level and stats. Even one easy mode she can get doubled and oneshotted.