Male or female avatar?

I am going to start my second save file on FE Awakening, and I am undecided on whether I want to go female or male.. For my first file, I went male, and I don't know what to do for this one.. To be male again, and try different options, or try out female??

I am going to start my second save file on FE Awakening, and I am undecided on whether I want to go female or male.. For my first file, I went male, and I don't know what to do for this one.. To be male again, and try different options, or try out female??

Definitely try both at least once. I personally prefer Female Avatar because while Female Morgan is hilarious, Male Morgan is utterly adorable and I have a huge soft spot for him.

Depends on what you want out of this file.

Stupidly OP Lucina? Go with female avatar, and have her marry Chrom.

Stupidly OP kid not named Lucina? Go with a male avatar, and marry accordingly.

Just for giggles? Flip a coin. Galeforce is nice, but it's a pain in the neck to get, and lolValkyrie. The male exclusive classes can turn avatar into a hilarious gimmick axe build which I wouldn't recommend for anything serious.

Depends on how big you want your team to be. Avatar-F is a one-woman army and more suited to small teams where she can carry all day, Avatar-M is a utility juggernaut who's good at getting others going and more suited to medium and large teams.

If you want the Avatar to be in the front of a pair-up, go female.

If you want them to be in the back, as well as get better options for children, go male.

Honestly, given that you went with a male avatar in the first play through, I might recommend that you go female just to get the full experience.