What do you think of the new My Castle mechanic?

PhoenixX

I think it looks cool and can't wait to try it. Everything seems very interesting and I'm excited for the gem crafting system. The only thing I'm apprehensive about is the face rubbing.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks fun as hell.

Yeah, the face rubbing is... odd, but I'm not vehemently opposed, I guess? I can see this stirring quite a ruckus in the coming days.

... Maybe weeks. Months...

I like it all. I think Fire Emblem-amie is hilarious and I'm gonna play the crap out of it. The hot-springs are a thing I'm used to from other games like Persona so I'm not freaking about it or anything, plus now there can be absolutely no doubts that Tsubaki is a dude. And I really really like v-pets so taking care of the dragon(?) is already in my top favorite new mechanics.

I spend a lot of my Awakening playtime just fooling around on the world map, going to the barracks and whatnot.

FEif will potentialy hold my attention for a very long time with this feature.

Face Rubbing Mechanics 10/10

I like it all. I think Fire Emblem-amie is hilarious and I'm gonna play the crap out of it. The hot-springs are a thing I'm used to from other games like Persona so I'm not freaking about it or anything, plus now there can be absolutely no doubts that Tsubaki is a dude. And I really really like v-pets so taking care of the dragon(?) is already in my top favorite new mechanics.

I really hope the dragon is a unit you can use outside of My Castle

I've never been a fan of constructing bases in games like these; it usually comes across as half-assed. Forunately, the customization only seems to be one part of it all, and there'll be other things to do...like rubbing people's faces.

I do like the hot spring and my room ideas, seems like the perfect chance for some character development or different kinds of support conversations.

I could not be less happy about it. Every new inclusion looks dreadful.

1. Face-rubbing is awkward and creepy and stupid.

2. Bath house trips and dressing characters in their underwear is shameless fanservice.

3. The Lufia 2-style Capsule Monster system doesn't jive with Fire Emblem's design.

4. Since we see Nohr characters during the My Castle video, that leads me to believe it's present in both versions. And My Castle utterly contradicts the goals of Nohr.

5. I don't want to play dress up, IS. I don't want to take my busty sister and dress her with a joker hat and fox tail when I'm trying to take over a country.

6. Speculative, but it appears traditional shops have returned, which is bizarre given how If handles weapon durability.

Tremendously disappointed.

It was pretty big surprise for me and it looks really interesting to have a living base for your characters that you can walk about, upgrade the hot springs and face rubbing seem a bit silly but I'm looking forward to seeing how it all comes together. It kind of reminds me of a more indepth version the Township mechanic in Breath of Fire 2 and I liked it in that game.

6. Speculative, but it appears traditional shops have returned, which is bizarre given how If handles weapon durability.

From the looks of the footage everything but the Bronze and Iron weapons are only available in limited quantities until you upgrade the shop which puts an infinite sign next to Steel as well. Excluding the weaker items It appears to be similar to FE4 where there's only X amount of a particular weapon.

Edited by arvilino

From the looks of the footage everything but the Bronze and Iron weapons are only available in limited quantities until you upgrade the shop which puts an infinite sign next to Steel as well. Excluding the weaker items It appears to be similar to FE4 where there's only X amount of a particular weapon.

Right, which I'm not happy with. It means that the new durability mechanic is only meaningful for higher-ranked weapons and tomes, which is a wasted opportunity.

Right, which I'm not happy with. It means that the new durability mechanic is only meaningful for higher-ranked weapons and tomes, which is a wasted opportunity.

It is also entirely possible the Nohr route will only get this after the main quest has been completed. That way you'd get the same fan service and online features as Hoshido while keeping the challenge intact for the rest of the game.

I don`t know how to feel honestly. It looks interesting, but the hotspring and rubbing faces urks me. I`m indiffrent about setting up shops and the pet.

Seriously though, how did this idea come to be? I hope it`s optional so it`s not forced down our throats. This seems to be eplacing Awakenings barracks and support convos, not sure how to feel about that.

Never doubted it!

I really hope the dragon is a unit you can use outside of My Castle

I think those units are only available during street/spotpass battles, and are likely all NPC (if there's more than just the one dragon).

It is also entirely possible the Nohr route will only get this after the main quest has been completed. That way you'd get the same fan service and online features as Hoshido while keeping the challenge intact for the rest of the game.

I don't think it's going to be optional considering it seems like this is how you raise support levels :/

The facepetting though... I don't like it, it's weird, but I'm still glad Fire Emblem is getting expanded. If becoming a part-time dating sim is what's necessary to keep the game alive, I'll date everyone for IS. Looking forward to Rinka's abs though

...not to mention that this gives us extra content to play around with, and I am all for that!

Edited by Val'air

In what sense? As it is it's only barely different from Gaiden's system of everyone having a weak default weapon, only this time having the choice of Bronze/Iron instead of just the one (nameless) type.

4. Since we see Nohr characters during the My Castle video, that leads me to believe it's present in both versions. And My Castle utterly contradicts the goals of Nohr.

Why exactly are we wanting valid features to be removed outright from another version of the game in a manner that makes the games even more lopsided in terms of content than they already are.

Having the Castle as a hub doesn't necessarily conflict with the purpose of the Nohr game. So long as it cannot be used to gain infinite money/experience, which is... implicit, I don't see harm in it any more than the Barracks or the Base causes.

As for the other four, I generally agree but don't think they actively hurt the game. The reputation of the game, perhaps, because people are uptight about fanservice, but not the game itself.

I don't think it's going to be optional considering it seems like this is how you raise support levels :/

The facepetting though... I don't like it, it's weird, but I'm still glad Fire Emblem is getting expanded. If becoming a part-time dating sim is what's necessary to keep the game alive, I'll date everyone for IS. Looking forward to Rinka's abs though

...not to mention that this gives us extra content to play around with, and I am all for that!

It is also possible that it's a way to SPEED UP support, not the only way of raising it. Nohr is all about the challenge, no? It makes perfect sense to me. I'm also sure there's a reason why the vast majority of the characters seen were either Hoshido or available in both routes - for all we know this is exclusive to the third route.

Hot springs fan service has been a part of Japanese entertainment media for decades, so I'm not sure why people find it strange. Besides, it's a legitimately relaxing place to just talk to people; you forget you're naked within the first minute. Also, if you can do more with your romantic partner of choice, I'm all for it; I just don't like the face rubbing.

It is also possible that it's a way to SPEED UP support, not the only way of raising it. Nohr is all about the challenge, no? It makes perfect sense to me. I'm also sure there's a reason why the vast majority of the characters seen were either Hoshido or available in both routes - for all we know this is exclusive to the third route.

Hot springs fan service has been a part of Japanese entertainment media for decades, so I'm not sure why people find it strange. Besides, it's a legitimately relaxing place to just talk to people; you forget you're naked within the first minute. Also, if you can do more with your romantic partner of choice, I'm all for it; I just don't like the face rubbing.

Gosh darn it, this. I'm actually really excited for the bathhouse scenes. Not only for obligatory shenanigans, but I'll bet some really chill conversation and character development could possibly happen there.

Gaiden's system worked well. Everyone has a single default weapon, and more powerful equipment is rare and in demand. For If, all units can choose between (at the very least, and it might be more) bronze, iron, and steel weapons. In practice, that means If is little different from its predecessors. You'll still be stocking up most units with basic weapon types. You'll still be giving your rarer weapons to your best units.

I don't know what a "valid feature" is. My Castle doesn't fit with what we've been told Nohr is about. If it's locked to postgame, that's fine. Since entire mechanics, including character bonding and Capsule Monsters, appear locked to My Castle, this possibility is unlikely.

i like the feature overall as it adds immersion to the game world.

i enjoy the extra custimisation options awakening lacked.

the idea of the avatar having a room makes it more relatable.

hot springs may be fan service but i really don't care i still like it.

the face rubbing though, it's not bad just...weird

The castle mechanic seems pretty cool, an actual base. (not just the weird convo's of people stepping on glass weapons ...)

The customizations... meh, could be fun, but doesn't really have to be there

The hot springs actually seem justifiable to me (even tho they are fan-servicy). I mean you want you army to keep themselves clean? And did we just see kazahana chase Mamui out of the hotsprings? Did he pick the wrong door/time ? XD

But the face rubbing? Why is that in there?