What do you think of the new My Castle mechanic?

PhoenixX

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh......I'm not sure. Honestly I just kind of stared at the screen really perplexed while watching like "whaaaaaaat?" If it's Hoshido-exclusive, I'll be a little pissed, to be honest. I like traditional FE games, don't get me wrong, but I don't think I like the idea of sacrificing a bunch of new mechanics and weird hijinks for the sake of a linear progression. The face rubbing is....uh....very Tokimeki Memorial. I don't know how it'll work but I hope it doesn't compromise the quality of supports. I don't really like the idea of multiple romantic supports at the one time, because I'm a sucker for paired endings, so I have no idea what this means for that. Honestly...just wait and see? Hopefully Famitsu goes into a little more detail / more website updates.

Not liking it so far. The idea of managing your base sounds interesting, but what's all that face rubbing and hotspring garbage?

That's all I can say right now, I'll have to see for myself once the game is released.

Edited by Ragnar

I'm hyped, I just hope I can ignore the mini-games and not miss out on anything. I might fool around with the dress-up option if there's any cool stuff to put on Kamui.

I wonder if the bath thing will be different for Nohr though? It's a different culture after all. If they must keep the fanservice I guess they could just change the setting to a beach but some other bonding activity would be cool.

The concept on itself is great and something I secretly had hoped for years could be added to FE. But the face rubbing, my god, the face rubbing. Notice I have NO problem with the hot springs, but the goddamn face rubbing.GAH!

The concept on itself is great and something I secretly had hoped for years could be added to FE. But the face rubbing, my god, the face rubbing. Notice I have NO problem with the hot springs, but the goddamn face rubbing.GAH!

Yeah pretty much this. But i will say the face rubbing seems a bit (at least to me) like they wanted interactions that (could possibly be romantic) in Kaimui's room (which is a concept that makes sense) and somebody made the "genius" suggestion of adding touch screen interaction, and this is as much as i hate to say it a logical idea for touch screen stuff not a good idea but a logical one. But Face rubbing? Yah.... Edited by goodperson707

I like it. But I'm a bit weirder out by Fire Emblem-amie...how many games with face rubbing do we need (Luigi in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team...sort of, Pokemon in Pokemon XY/ORAS, and now Fire Emblem: IF)? Is that what the cool kids do these days? Touch peoples faces? :V

But I like everything else. It seems fun to just mess around with and it gives you some more things to do.

Edited by Nave

Eh, I think it just seems out of place.

I thought the entire premise of the game is the fact that you have to make this heart-wrenching decision between friends and family, and you end up having to attack/kill those past allies. All very dark and gritty.

And now you can pat people's chins.

I was intending to play a strategy game about moral grey areas, not build a town.

After all, I already own Animal Crossing.

The animation for chin rubbing looks good however, but I can't help but think all that time fully animating each character could be put to better use creating more full 3D cutscenes for the main story. (Awakening only had about 10, and we don't know how many if has.)

Edited by Bloo

Gaiden's system worked well. Everyone has a single default weapon, and more powerful equipment is rare and in demand. For If, all units can choose between (at the very least, and it might be more) bronze, iron, and steel weapons. In practice, that means If is little different from its predecessors. You'll still be stocking up most units with basic weapon types. You'll still be giving your rarer weapons to your best units.

I don't know what a "valid feature" is. My Castle doesn't fit with what we've been told Nohr is about. If it's locked to postgame, that's fine. Since entire mechanics, including character bonding and Capsule Monsters, appear locked to My Castle, this possibility is unlikely.

Eh, I think it just seems out of place.

I thought the entire premise of the game is the fact that you have to make this heart-wrenching decision between friends and family, and you end up having to attack/kill those past allies. All very dark and gritty.

And now you can pat people's chins.

I was intending to play a strategy game about moral grey areas, not build a town.

After all, I already own Animal Crossing.

The animation for chin rubbing looks good however, but I can't help but think all that time fully animating each character could be put to better use creating more full 3D cutscenes for the main story. (Awakening only had about 10, and we don't know how many if has.)

It sounds like a completely optional part of the game.

People ignored the Barracks in FE Awakening in their runs.

People can just ignore a glorified version of it.

This isn't even close to being "Otaku" centered by a longshot. It just has a feature which is offputting to most people in the West.

The face rubbing suggests that Pokemon Emblem is confirmed

In all seriousness, I can pet my Litleon in the Mon-Amie feature... ;)

In all seriousness, I like the My Castle feature. It's just the face rubbing feature that is weird...

I mean, I was confused at first but in the end it does seem like a fun addition to the game? I think the most important part was that you could seemingly raid/defend against other players?

Gives you more to do at least, which is all fine with me, and if it offers more dialogue to characters I'll take it rubbing Harold's chin fucking immediately

As long as I'm not missing any character development by not participating in the face-rubbing I'm perfectly content with the rest (and quite excited for some things even)

Edited by jespoke

Who wouldn't want to rub Harold's chin?! It's like FE took a page from Animal Crossing. Your units seem to be able to run shops and give you different items. I can see some strategy in that.

There seems to be some strategy based on who you choose to run it. Linca and Charlotte were running the shops in the video and I noticed in both shops Axe weapons had a sale sign next to them and seemed to be 5% cheaper than the same Lances and Swords. It'd probably be a smart choice to consider which characters you plan on using and in which class and pick a weapon shop owner who'll discount the weapon type you'll use most often.

Edited by arvilino

I can't wait to use this feature, it looks like tons of fun. It'd be interesting if different decor items sped up how quickly supports would rack up with certain units, but I doubt that's going to be a thing.

The new pet mechanic looks interesting too. I wonder if Sharky is the only option, or if multiple pets are available to you. Perhaps you get different pets per route? Sharky for Hoshido, the only thing I could think of for Nohr is a wolf-dragon (which is a silly idea), and a definite something for the third route.

Edited by Honey Bunny