What do you think of the new My Castle mechanic?

PhoenixX

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Face rubbing and Bath houses aside,It seems like a fun diversion to manage a town and do whatever neat stuff there is to offer in it like shop and battle streetpass teams. It seems perfect for Hoshido but out of place for Nohr considering the story though.

Could someone explain why people are opposed to the hot springs conversations? It has been a fan service thing in Japan for decades, and I loved soaking there while talking to some friends, so I can definitely see the appeal; doesn't seem as odd as face-rubbing.

Of course now we just wait for the inevitable "kyaaaa, what are you doing here Kamui-samaaaaaaa?!"

I actually really like the My Castle function gives more to do in the game and more to work toward building better buildings for better weapons and gear. Plus being able to fight other spotpass teams within your castle is pretty cool. Could care less about face rubbing and bath houses. Amiibo support is nice in game models are unique and I'll look forward to being able to use em.

Edited by LordTaco42

Face rubbing and Bath houses aside,It seems like a fun diversion to manage a town and do whatever neat stuff there is to offer in it like shop and battle streetpass teams. It seems perfect for Hoshido but out of place for Nohr considering the story though.

I am pretty sure Every game with support convos has had some wacky hijinks and if this game has them Nohr will be no different (Harold, Man, do you think he will have serious supports) even FE 4/5 had their funny/lighthearted moments.

Edited by goodperson707

Managing shops and buildings is fine.

Generic "kyaa what are you doing in the hot springs kamui" bullshit along with face poking and whatever the fuck Camilla was doing is bad. Very bad. Don't do that.

All of it won't matter anyway if the gameplay turns out to be poorly balanced again.

It's a hell of a lot better than Awakening's barracks. The hot springs and face rubbing are nice too. I don't need a dark,main plot forced down my throat 24/7 anyway

So uh...animal tails on your busty sister is a welcome distraction? Honestly, I think I prefer the simplicity of the barracks so far.

I love the idea of having ah ub where I can connect with my units and get to know their personalities and just hang around with them. Even if the face-rubbing this is very disconcerting, as well as what... Camilla is doing.

I was VERY surprised when I found out about this. I never imagined Fire Emblem doing this...ever. But I like it. I feel like this is a good chance for the units that usually don't get much screen time other than recruitment aka every unit who legitimately dies when they're killed to get some nice character development. Sure, we see that in supports, and I love those to death, but this seems to expand even more on that, or at least seems like it does. Plus the customization looks fun too. Sure the face rubbing is a bit...different and almost made me die from laughing, but I just see this as a way for every unit to get a 3d model like the cutscenes in Awakening, which for some reason makes me happy to see. Overall, I think it's a nice addition, and adds even more to the game.

Edited by Aegis Gray

It's sad how I went from being quite hyped from the initial two trailers to progressively losing more and more interest in this game the more info is released. I'll be extremely surprised if this game manages to actually not be a bloated mess of feature creep and irrelevant mechanics distracting from core game come release.

Edited by Irysa

It's sad how I went from being quite hyped from the initial two trailers to progressively losing more and more interest in this game the more info is released. I'll be extremely surprised if this game manages to actually not be a bloated mess of feature creep and irrelevant mechanics distracting from core game come release.

You're letting a completely optional feature kill your hype for the game? Sounds like you probably weren't too interested to begin with.

You're letting a completely optional feature kill your hype for the game? Sounds like you probably weren't too interested to begin with.

It's not just one thing, as I stated. it's a continued amount of information that to me indicates where a lot of the actual development focus and outreach is invested in.

Of course, I can be proven wrong, but the whole point of pre-release info is to help people decide if they are going to buy a game or not. Clearly, it's working for many people, but I don't see it as unreasonable to state that it's having an opposite effect for others.

Edited by Irysa

While it hasn't killed my hype, I do share his worries; features like these are more often than not sloppily executed. You could've used that time to improve the quality of the main game instead.

So uh...animal tails on your busty sister is a welcome distraction? Honestly, I think I prefer the simplicity of the barracks so far.

The hot spring and face...thing,are good for just focusing the characters and relationships and such. While the Camilla dressup thing is a sign of customization,so the units can feel a bit more like they're...yours...or something along those lines...It's weird but its a nice sign that their trying to make FE more than just endless battles and ABCS conversations.

Edited by KissMeTiki

I could not be less happy about it. Every new inclusion looks dreadful.

1. Face-rubbing is awkward and creepy and stupid.

2. Bath house trips and dressing characters in their underwear is shameless fanservice.

3. The Lufia 2-style Capsule Monster system doesn't jive with Fire Emblem's design.

4. Since we see Nohr characters during the My Castle video, that leads me to believe it's present in both versions. And My Castle utterly contradicts the goals of Nohr.

5. I don't want to play dress up, IS. I don't want to take my busty sister and dress her with a joker hat and fox tail when I'm trying to take over a country.

6. Speculative, but it appears traditional shops have returned, which is bizarre given how If handles weapon durability.

Tremendously disappointed.

So much salt and butt hurt.

Good thing people Like me love all the new stuff. We win.

I'm excited for the new my castle feature.(although needless to say the face petting is odd) I like that they are mixing things up once again instead of releasing the exact same features over and over again only changing the characters, the maps and the story. It keeps things fresh and interesting. I'm glad that IS experiments with new ideas.

I'm excited for the new my castle feature.(although needless to say the face petting is odd) I like that they are mixing things up once again instead of releasing the exact same features over and over again only changing the characters, the maps and the story. It keeps things fresh and interesting. I'm glad that IS experiments with new ideas.

Completely agreed with this.

At least it shows that Intelligent Systems is thinking of new ways to do the series rather than just rehashing the same thing.

So much salt and butt hurt.

Good thing people Like me love all the new stuff. We win.

Hey Salt and butt hurt is often quite enjoyable to watch, I'll forget all their complaints and Exaggerations in the 8 Months to a yearish of waiting for the game anyway. And spend more time than that actually enjoying and playing the game.

they have their opinion i have mine. But yeah i'm fine with the new stuff. The gba era if I had to name a flaw didn't change much Imo (6-9 were way more similar than any other 4 games and they were all in a row)

Edited by goodperson707

It's sort of silly, but I sort of lost my motivation for translating the rest of those character profiles on the page when I read the details of the mode...

Still doing it though because I said I would, but just a bit slower. xD

So, Pokemon and Tomodachi Life were doing the face-rubbing thing before Fire Emblem, and the worst I heard was that people thought the face rubbing in Tomodachi Life was a little weird at times. But hey, high quality moving models of each character's face. I'll definitely be using the face rubbing if only to get a more detailed look at their faces.

My Castle also seems a bit fun, although I'm wondering how they're incorporating it with Nohr. Post game maybe?

Did I spy a thing where you can change Kamui's hair after avatar creation?

Well, most of what I think has already been stated :

-My Castle looks fun since you manage it as a base... And Street pass/ Amiibo stuff is cool...

-I'm Prince living in a tree hut storage and the furniture look like from a cottage... A Chrom 2.0 tired of fancy pants or did the oyal family has literally not enough room for him ?

-For someone like me who likes patting others head, petting people by touching their cheek to get better support is weird... Hilarious but weird... At least it can be understood for Felicia due to her personnality, but really... Well, will they let us also pet Horses, Pegasi and that little pet ? :3 I konw... It's just changing FE-amie to NintenFE...

-Felicia is possessed by Sumia

-The bathing time is sooo fanservice-y I think IS want some fujoshi to die of blood loss Anyway, it seems optional since you may have the choice between building the onsen or not... It might kill the hype but as long as he game is good... Anyway I expect the anime clichés as "Let's peek on the other side! " Thanks Vaike

-You can plant vegetables ? So... you can dabble potion or cook meal (I don't understand much japanese... ^^') ?

-So both sides will have a dojo ? So arenas are confirmed !

Now we have towait and see.

So, I guess nobody else has thought of this yet? Perhaps this feature isn't even part of the main game, but rather a completely different part of the game. For all we know, they're separating the main game from the Spot Pass, and are allowing you to go into the Spot Pass stuff separately, allowing you access to all the characters you've recruited and finished a run with alive.

Now, I might be wrong, but, despite some characters being Nohr only, it seemed the style of buildings didn't change at all, still looking like they were in Hoshido.

That, to me, says that this is either a different mode, or that this My Castle thing is exclusive to Hoshido and the third route.

Heck, it might actually be exclusive to only the third route. About the only thing we know about the third route is that you don't pick Hoshido or Nohr, so it's not too far fetched that Kamui instead finds his own castle and decides to conquer both Nohr and Hoshido, and recruits everyone to help him do this in an effort to stop the wars between Nohr and Hoshido for good. That's probably just me being hopeful, but it's still possible.