Nintendo Direct (May 31st); New Names

hmniMaurice

I do hope Luna isn't just Severa out during her journey somewhere.

I wonder if this is one of the things the devs meant by "things that will make Awakening fans smile."

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a male spellcaster talking to Linca in the Direct. Is he a new character or just a generic NPC design?

I believe generic. And that was actually Hinoka with a headdress accessory.

Edited by Belmont

Luna definitely threw me for a loop. I hope she's some kind of bonus character, since it doesn't make sense for such a direct reference to Severa to be in a separate(?) FE universe.

But if she's a bonus character like Marth/Ike, why not just put Severa in the game? Very weird.

Maybe due to popularity she is making some unknown reappearance, I mean FE characters reappear every now and again. Maybe there will be a reason, or she's just a lookalike.

Also everyone else looks cool.

When we get a glimpse of Zero teaming up with Cyrus to fight Orochi and Oboro it looks like Zero might be wearing an eyepatch? So he could be a one-eyed archer potentially. Unless it's just for style points.

oOjoqOc.png

This would be awesome. Dislike his name, but love his design.

I'm fine with Zero if he doesn't have a gimmick that he repeatedly rubs in our face with almost every speaking line

Also does anyone else imagine Charlotte with a heavily pronounced Southern accent?

I agree.

Yes.

Luna definitely threw me for a loop. I hope she's some kind of bonus character, since it doesn't make sense for such a direct reference to Severa to be in a separate(?) FE universe.

But if she's a bonus character like Marth/Ike, why not just put Severa in the game? Very weird.

Caught me off guard too. I had to do a double take and rewind.

Speaking of character look alikes, am I the only one who thinks Crimson looks like she could be Vaida's little sister or half sister?

Yeah, same here. I can't use her, Elise or Sakura without risking permanent ear damage. Here's to hoping Elfie's voice is tolerable.

I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't dislike people (including IRL) who have high pitched voices.

Although I do think her voice sounded too young for her. High pitched voices are one thing but I agree with whoever said Felicia's voice actually sounds like that of a little girl's.

Caught me off guard too. I had to do a double take and rewind.

Speaking of character look alikes, am I the only one who thinks Crimson looks like she could be Vaida's little sister or half sister?

I knew Crimson reminded me of someone, yeah, her general feel reminds me of Vaida.

Speaking of character look alikes, am I the only one who thinks Crimson looks like she could be Vaida's little sister.

She did indeed give me Vaida vibes. The other wyvern character reminded me of Galle, actually.

So, who's the guy to the left of Rinka here?

And do we have any idea what the heck that class is? I'm befuddled.

That's Kagerou, she was introduced in Famitsu two weeks ago.

I do hope Luna isn't just Severa out during her journey somewhere.

I wonder if this is one of the things the devs meant by "things that will make Awakening fans smile."

IIRC, Severa's Japanese name was Selena, and both Luna and Selena reference the moon. . .

As usual, thanks for the translations~!

---

The more I see of this, the more I want to play Hoshido. So far, the only new Nohr character that I like is Benoit - Charlotte's art is almost as bad as Camilla's (I'm getting horrid flashbacks that remind me of DLC Micaiah's art). Wonder if a team of Kamui, Cyrus, and Benoit would be doable? :P:

Severa can't ever have that hair color.

Play Future Past with a fatherless Severa. Boom Poof Pow.

i know felicia is supposed to sound adorable or something (and this is definitely cultural difference and that) but the pitch of her voice is practically that of my 3 year old sister's.

I don't mind her voice so much. The silly/clumsy helper-trope on the other hand...ugh

IIRC, Severa's Japanese name was Selena, and both Luna and Selena reference the moon. . .

Selena/Serena is also Sailor Moon. Moon.

Luna.

Severa confirmed