Wyvern Lord Help Pls

Alright I got my first 3DS in January 2015 but didn't really know there was a Fire Emblem game for it until April. Now I love the Fire Emblem Series and decided to do Research about Awakening and was surprised not only chould I create a Avatar of me but I also had the ability to become any class of male (No Pegasus Knight I Cry Every Time!). So on my Birthday May 23 I got it. Had to restart the first time cause I went straight to hard mode not knowing there was less Exp, the second time I played on classic and went into the dlc R&R 3 for the Limit Breaker skill (I was pretty high level and was like on Chapter 12) Long story short all my people Died/Retired. So I want to restart with a Wyvern Rider/Lord as my final class I know I am using Iote's Shield, Limit Breaker, and Armsthrift for 3 of my skills but I want to know what you all think my last 2 should be.

Edited by JustinVentus

Existing.

However. As usual, the better skills are Dread Fighter's, Gale force and some of the zerker.

Edited by ENS

Still kinda new to Awakening what is galeforce

also for Asset i was going for luck to help my armsthrift or speed and flaw magic since really don't need it for a axe weilder

what do you all think

I made my avatar a wyvern lord too! *high fives*

I think maybe Swordbreaker? Idk.

*Gives Jacksepticeye high five* We're awesome

*facepalms* i double posted *I cry every time*

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Still kinda new to Awakening what is galeforce

also for Asset i was going for luck to help my armsthrift or speed and flaw magic since really don't need it for a axe wielder

what do you all think

Galeforce is a skill you get at lv 15 in the Dark flier class (promotion of pegasus knight). For the asset, I'd choose + resistance/- magic, I believe WR/WL are weak to magic. If not, then I'd probably go for + strength. Once your stats have gone up a bit, I find armsthrift occurs most turns, so I don't really think + luck is necessary.

As for the other two skills, I always go for a skill such as Renewal or Lifetaker to regain HP easily. I don't like using staves or healing items. If your final class will be a WL, than axefaire could be helpful, although something like Ignis may work better.

Note that Galeforce is a female-only skill unless inherited [i.e., only a female Avatar can have Galeforce and Wyvern Lord simultaneously].

But Axefaire is a male-only skill [unless inherited], so that female Wyvern Lord wouldn't be able to use Axefaire. However, she would be able to use the female-only Lancefaire.

Naturally, if you run a male Wyvern Lord then which gender-exclusive skills you can and cannot use reverses relative to a female Wyvern Lord.

Limit Break and Armsthrift are great in-game. Iote's Shield is also good but only if you can't position that Wyvern Lord safely out of range of Wind Magic, Bows and Volant Axes.

Consider adding an attack skill -- best ones for Avatar are Luna and Ignis due to landing potentially high burst damage and easy activation rates -- a devastating combo if both are equipped. Note that Sol lowers your damage output if used with Luna and Ignis since the game prioritizes Sol activation over Luna's or Ignis's and Sol doesn't get increase the amount of damage done.

Aggressor is a pretty popular one -- extra 10 damage as long as that unit initiates the attack (only during Player Phase).

Axefaire is a nice choice.

Renewal can be nice if you don't want to use Elixirs frequently or if you're playing a map like Death's Embrace.

Male Wyvern Lords are typically good before you start doing the DLC, getting skills like LB and maxing the stats on your entire team. Once you do that, females are much batter.

Without DLC, you'll want your skillset to be:

-Armsthrift (keep the Gradivus, your best weapon, intact as it's hard to get more)

-A healing skill: Renewal for running away, Sol for tanking

-A mobility skill: Pass or Deliverer depending on the map

-A defensive skill: Aegis or a Breaker, depending on what the enemy team looks like

-Veteran (if you haven't capped all your stats), a damage booster (like Ignis or Vengeance) or a support skill (Anathema or Solidarity)

You need to change it up for pretty much every battle but it's strong enough to take on pretty much anything outside of the DLC.

Once you're playing the DLC maps, offense becomes far more important than defense because enemies typically have high offense and low defense. You'll want to use LB, Aggressor (Dread Fighter Lv.15), Axefaire, maybe All+2 and Hit+20, and constantly stay in the back and support your wife. You can use the non-DLC skillset instead if you like (LB in the fifth slot), but this one will be far more effective.