Working on an extended game script?

VincentASM

I only just noticed now, but it seems the English version of Radiant Dawn uses the shortened-down dialogue from the Japanese Normal mode (the Japanese Hard/Maniac mode had extra dialogue).

If this is true, would anybody be interested in translations of the extra dialogue?

The extra dialogue probably isn't much, maybe 4 or 5 extra lines per dialogue, but when you consider there's ~45 chapters, that's quite a lot of lines lost...

Also, does someone with the English version of FE10 and some spare time want to confirm something for me? I just want to know if the opening text to Part 1 Prologue go exactly like this:

Edward

Something must have happened to him.

Micaiah

Don't worry. He'll be here.

Edward

Hey, I have an idea... Micaiah, why don't you use your farsight to see when Leonardo will arrive?

Micaiah

Edward, you know that's not how it works. I foresee some things, but I don't get to choose what I see.

Edward

I was just teasing! Still, Leonardo's never late. Something must have--

???

H-help! Someone, please help us!

Lady

Bandits! Bandits are attacking the town! Run away! Who knows what the brutes will do if they catch you!

Edward

Where is the Imperial Occupation Army this time? How can they keep the peace when they're nowhere to be found?

Lady

Who, the Begnion soldiers?! Hah! They don't care a lick about us! We lost the war, and they won. We're nothing to them. They're only interested in chasing down the Dawn Brigade. They let the real Bandits run wild and brutalize us.

Edward

They're worse than useless! We'll be glad to help you. Just find someplace to hide, and leave those bandits to us.

Micaiah

And don't worry about us. We happen to be members of that same Dawn Brigade that the Begnion troops are so interested in!

Nico

What! Really?! You guys are in the Dawn Brigade?! Wow, my friends and I talk about you all the time!

Lady

You? But you're just children! Oh, how Daein has fallen... Children, forced to fight and steal for the good of the poor. But we can't fight the rogues, so we'll take you up on your offer. Please be careful. They'll slice clean through you if they can.

Pugo

Listen up, you louts! This town is nothin' but idiot kids and drooling graybeards. Steal everything you can!

Micaiah

Yune, it's dangerous here. Go find someplace safe for now.

Micaiah

All right, Edward. The usual plan of attack?

Edward

Yup! You strike the brutes from afar with your magic. But be sure not to get too close to them. Then, I'll move in when they're weak. That's the safest strategy.

Micaiah

I'm ready. You and I should be more than a match for them. Let's go!

Edited by VincentASM

Well, I started working on Part 3, for kicks.

Man is the dialogue different... In the Prologue, Mist and Titania don't even appear for starters. Instead it's just Ike and Ranulf for the whole conversation.

Part 3 Prologue: The Great Advance

Before Battle (Greil Mercenaries Hideout)

Ranulf

Finally found you. It's almost been half a year since we last met... You're never home!

Ike

Our band of mercenaries is relatively poor. If we don't go out and work often, we won't even have any meals.

Ranulf

Well, this time you've landed a large pay, right? Didn't you manage to rescue lady Lucia from execution?

Ike

As soon as I heard about this mission, I thought that guy wanted us to do something crazy...... However, after I saw Elincia, everything made sense. Crimea won't be troubled any longer. Even without our or Gallia's aid... she'll be able to handle anything.

Ranulf

Is that so...? That's good to hear.

Ike

Right, I saw Princess Leanne in the Crimean royal court.

Ranulf

! What did she tell you?

Ike

You're asking what she told me......? She kept saying one phrase. "Please save my brothers." There was more, but it was in the ancient tongue, which I couldn't understand a word of. When I asked that old bird, he just said "We can't disclose this information to the Beorc", and he didn't even explain why he wouldn't translate for us.

Ranulf

Don't blame him, it's top-secret information related to the well-being of many countries. If the information spread... it would be disastrous to say the least. Luckily for us, you don't understand the ancient tongue.

Ike

What exactly is going on?

Ranulf

Ah, well...... ..................This happened all very suddenly. Are you prepared to hear?

Ike

Yes.

Ranulf

Very soon...... war will come once again.

Ike

What?!

Ranulf

Gallia, Phoenicis and Kilvas...... Those three countries have united to become the Laguz Alliance.

Ike

...Who are they fighting?

Ranulf

The Begnion Empire.

Ike

......You're right about it being sudden. I know there are centuries-worth of problems between the laguz and Begnion, but I thought things were getting better in recent years.

Ranulf

To be precise...... the trigger was the restoration of Daein. Within the new King of Daein's personel, those present included members of the mythical wolf tribe... as well as a heron prince.

Ike:

A heron prince..... Could that be a relative of Reyson's?

Ranulf

Apparently he's the eldest son of the herons. His name's Rafiel...... He's living at Gallia right now. In fact, it was Prince Rafiel's news that ignited the flames of this war...

Edited by VincentASM

Since I'm bored- Septimus is lol.

Septimus

Oh, this is lunacy! Look how meager our force is. We need at least 10 times more men!

Silvano

General Septimus, sir, we're only making the rounds this evening. We don't need a bigger force.

Septimus

This place is close to Gallia, right...? Ah, how frightening! When I think of those dark forests, where those hungry beasts are gathered...... and flashing their fearsome fangs! Could that be a sight that we will see in the future....? Yes, yes... we will definitely see it!

Silvano

General, p-please calm yourself. Someone, bring the general's medicine here! Since the day you were dispatched to the western front, you say this every evening...... and yet we've never been attached by Gallia, not even once.

Septimus

No, you're wrong! Today will be different. Tonight, those beasts will come to attack...... Ohhh, we're doomed.....

Begnion Soldier 1

E-enemy fire! We're under attack!

Begnion Soldier 2

It's those Gallian beasts! The sub-humans are attacking us!

Silvano

What?!

Septimus

See? See?! Now do you see, fool?! I was right! Hah, I told you...umm... N-now what do we do?

Silvano

Yes... I apologise. General Septimus, please give your orders.

Septimus

......Prepare an escape route in case we fail. Without it, I won't be able to concentrate and fight this battle...

Silvano

.........Yes...

Edited by VincentASM

Well, I started working on Part 3, for kicks.

Man is the dialogue different... In the Prologue, Mist and Titania don't even appear for starters. Instead it's just Ike and Ranulf for the whole conversation.

Really? I could swear Mist and Titania apeared in my version of the game during this conversation.

Really? I could swear Mist and Titania apeared in my version of the game during this conversation.

Then you saw the shortened-down dialogue. I meant the long version only featured Ike and Ranulf.

Or did you mean something else? : o

Then you saw the shortened-down dialogue. I meant the long version only featured Ike and Ranulf.

Or did you mean something else? : o

Just wanted to confirm.

By the way, could you perhaps put the dialogue not in the NA version in bold, I want to know exaclty what's different.

Sorry to bug you about this, but do you plan on doing a full translation of the missing dialogue? If so, I might be interested, with your permission of course, in attempting to mess around with text insertion and seeing if a 'retranslation' is possible. It'd be something that someone would like, and it's incredibly easy for someone to back up an ISO, replace a couple files with Trucha, patch the files, and play the new file on the Wii- there's multiple softmod loaders out now, and FE works on both ones I tried.

Just a thought.

Sorry to bug you about this, but do you plan on doing a full translation of the missing dialogue? If so, I might be interested, with your permission of course, in attempting to mess around with text insertion and seeing if a 'retranslation' is possible. It'd be something that someone would like, and it's incredibly easy for someone to back up an ISO, replace a couple files with Trucha, patch the files, and play the new file on the Wii- there's multiple softmod loaders out now, and FE works on both ones I tried.

Just a thought.

No, I'm not, sorry.

Even though the extended script isn't too much different, there's enough differences (plus the fact there's so many chapters) for it to be a lengthy translation. As far as I can tell anyway.

Any chance we could see a whole JP Hard mode extra script thingy any time soon?

Like I mean will you put it up on the RD Page?

Not any time soon, but I already added what I've done to the Game Script page.

Edited by VincentASM