Do you think face rubbing will be included in the western release?

Someone will hack the game one day to make that happen. One day...

Probably 6-10 years from now....

Itll be worth the wait.

Nah. FEA and FEIf have probably the same engine, and considering how well the hacking of FEA is going...

God damn it people see this is why we can't have nice things...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hope they keep it. In general, I'd prefer it if the international releases always kept the same content as the Japanese. It seems like I'm the only one who finds this face-rubbing thing hilarious? I burst into giggles when I first saw Harold blushing like that. I've seen a lot of people on other forums complain about how now they're just not going to get FE:if anymore because of this one thing...like for reals? :facepalm:

I do hope they keep it. In general, I'd prefer it if the international releases always kept the same content as the Japanese. It seems like I'm the only one who finds this face-rubbing thing hilarious? I burst into giggles when I first saw Harold blushing like that. I've seen a lot of people on other forums complain about how now they're just not going to get FE:if anymore because of this one thing...like for reals? :facepalm:

If the game ends up being a boring, unbalanced game because IS focused their time on rubbing shit then yes, I wont be getting this game.

If the game ends up being a boring, unbalanced game because IS focused their time on rubbing shit then yes, I wont be getting this game.

i do wanna comment that sure optional modes are optional, like a strawberry ontop of a cake, except it still costs time and money and resources to put in such modes, i'm hoping they are doing this with the gameplay being super amazing and the story being good enough (which is all i ask for in a fire emblem, sadly awakening managed to fail at that even)

^^yes because that is how games design work. I am not an expert in the slightest but wouldn't the face petting only affect the art time/budget and i bit of writing i guess, while the game balance people are a separate team. Right?

Edited by goodperson707

Oh another thing thats driving me up the wall: GTFO with all the "Face rubbing should have been Hoshido only" garbage. Just because I want to play with the eastern-themed classes doesnt mean Im some basement dwelling otaku.

^^yes because that is how games design work. I am not an expert in the slightest but wouldn't the face petting only affect the art time/budget and i bit of writing i guess, while the game balance people are a separate team. Right?

Programmers have to code in every little detail that the stylus entails, down to the sound effects and voice clips. "Game balance people" are often just a group of programmers that work on multiple tasks. The more you have, the better.

Considering we're getting two separate games, and getting DLC that is currently being worked on, there is some value of opportunity cost being lost through all of the effort being put in My Castle (not necessarily "face petting" unless it's extremely difficult to code, which I doubt it is).

However, I'm willing to bet the main storyline was already finished and the maps were already done, so there's a good chance the developers simply focused their extra time implementing all of their ideas in My Castle and playing around with it until the deadline. This is likely the best case scenario. However, poor time management have destroyed games before.

Edited by HeroMystic

I haven't seen anything here that says "this would be more than a T rating at worst", so they're not likely to remove it. Our T rating is actually kind of big.

More interestingly, I can't wait to read how the ESRB describes this. I'm sure at least one character will have a good money-quote during it but probably won't top their EO4 rating "A few female characters are depicted wearing bikini/low-cut tops that expose deep cleavage; one line of suggestive dialogue states, 'I gotta lady boner harder dan steel for dat stuff!'".

I don't see why they wouldn't include face rubbing in the western release. Am I the only one not bothered by the face rubbing thing?

You and me both. I don't get why some people are so damn overly sensitive.

If I were the localization department, I'd make all the characters comment about how creepy you're being.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Please stop that."

"You wanna lose that hand, princey?"

(et cetera)

If I were the localization department, I'd make all the characters comment about how creepy you're being.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Please stop that."

"You wanna lose that hand, princey?"

(et cetera)

I love this post.

If they do keep the feature which I hope they do only because it will feel like we aren't getting the full experience like the developers intended if they do not. That being said, I don't think its a feature that I'd use in public without feeling weird (bus, subway, etc.) Heck, if people are home when I use it then I'm just gonna use headphones. Don't want to explain why I'm rubbing my teammates heads.