Website Character Profile Translations [5/31]

Kirokan

So, Rinka should have interesting support convoy considering the solitude thing.

It'll be even more interesting when you convince her to let you rub her cheeks.

But yeah, I agree. I just hope they don't go for the most cliché route possible i.e having Rinka realize she can't do everything on her own and that the power of friendship is so strong and yada yada yada.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll be even more interesting when you convince her to let you rub her cheeks.

But yeah, I agree. I just hope they don't go for the most cliché route possible i.e having Rinka realize she can't do everything on her own and that the power of friendship is so strong and yada yada yada.

I hope they don't do that because her "solitude" is both personal and cultural which is a rather interesting point of discussion.

Is it really confirmed that Oboro is a female? Oboro looks like a male to me and her stance and movements somewhat resemble a male? I'd be okay with whichever gender. Sorry for going off-topic, since it was about character information, thought I'd ask this question. :c

^ i am not sure if it is confirmed completely but her bio said she(?) has a crush on Takumi. Now that is not confirmation but it is pretty close

If it's not totally confirmed then it's open for speculation, but that would bring another topic because of her love interest. Oboro is my favorite character by design, so I was just curious.

Cyrus = best bro ever. More bro than all your adopted and blood-relative bros. I kinda want him to be the rival-best friend to Kamui's too, though, not just the "follow the protagonist" type.

I wonder what other characters we'll see since there're supposed to be even more than there were in Awakening. Hopefully they've got some depth to them, but I won't hold my breath.

Also, thanks for the translations as always!

Edited by Sardonic

^ i am not sure if it is confirmed completely but her bio said she(?) has a crush on Takumi. Now that is not confirmation but it is pretty close

Indeed, Japan rarely uses gender-specific pronouns, so it is hard to tell until we see more things in game. But, a good litmus test is which hot spring they go to. (Like how Tsubaki is confirmed male thanks to appearing in the male hotspring). So guess that will be your confirmation.

Cyrus = best bro ever. More bro than all your adopted and blood-relative bros. I kinda want him to be the rival-best friend to Kamui's too, though, not just the "follow the protagonist" type.

I wonder what other characters we'll see since there're supposed to be even more than there were in Awakening. Hopefully they've got some depth to them, but I won't hold my breath.

Also, thanks for the translations as always!

You're welcome! Indeed I share a similar concern about quantity vs quality regarding characters. We'll see how it goes!

I do count that as immature and also the constant threatening to curse everyone, and I just wasn't a fan of how her and Henry were generally portrayed as "token crazy dark mages".

Well I don't think stalking is related to maturity but I guess I see your point. Although I wouldn't call her crazy except for her love of Robin. Although I agree her threatening to curse people whenever angered was immature.

I was looking at the characters page on the Japanese site just now and there's one thing I noticed.

For Cyrus' dialogue in the first screenshot (talking to male Kamui), it's hard to make out, but it looks like the verb he uses is "to be saved (救われる >> 救われた)" rather than "to be taught (教えられる >> 教えられた)." It's hard to make out the left radical in the kanji, and 救 looks a lot like 教 at that size, but the conjugation seems to imply it's 救う --> 救われた rather than 教える --> 教えられた. I'm far from proficient in Japanese, but I can read a few simple sentences here and there. In the context, it seems to make sense.

「お前に救われたこの命...いつだってお前のために捨てる覚悟だと。」

So that means Kamui saved Cyrus' life when they were younger? It would make a lot of sense, then, that Cyrus is Kamui's ally on both Hoshido and Nohr.

Anyone wanna confirm, or just be an extra pair of eyes?

Edited by Sardonic

I was looking at the characters page on the Japanese site just now and there's one thing I noticed.

For Cyrus' dialogue in the first screenshot (talking to male Kamui), it's hard to make out, but it looks like the verb he uses is "to be saved (救われる >> 救われた)" rather than "to be taught (教えられる >> 教えられた)." It's hard to make out the left radical in the kanji, and 救 looks a lot like 教 at that size, but the conjugation seems to imply it's 救う --> 救われた rather than 教える --> 教えられた. I'm far from proficient in Japanese, but I can read a few simple sentences here and there. In the context, it seems to make sense.

So that means Kamui saved Cyrus' life when they were younger? It would make a lot of sense, then, that Cyrus is Kamui's ally on both Hoshido and Nohr.

Anyone wanna confirm, or just be an extra pair of eyes?

No, that's probably right. : ) It makes more sense too. I'll add it to the text based translation. Thanks!

Heh, whoops. Guess I was too burnt out after transcribing the previous 20 characters that I forgot う becomes わ in some conjugations. My bad. Context-wise I agree 救う is probably it.

Though incidentally, the original wasn't 教える --> 教えられた, it was 教わる --> 教わられた. I definitely wouldn't mix up え and わ. :)

Heh, whoops. Guess I was too burnt out after transcribing the previous 20 characters that I forgot う becomes わ in some conjugations. My bad. Context-wise I agree 救う is probably it.

Though incidentally, the original wasn't 教える --> 教えられた, it was 教わる --> 教わられた. I definitely wouldn't mix up え and わ. :)

Ah, okay. Makes sense. I thought it was weird too, as I wasn't familiar with the verb 教わる, but looked it up just now. Apologies, and thanks for all the transcribing and translations you guys do. Squinting to read scans can be tiring on the eyes.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone translated the voice clips of the characters?

I don't think so, but if anyone's interested in translating them, here's a quick transcription to make things easier!

Aqua

1) 私はアクア。
2) 歌いましょう。
Ryoma
1) 諦めるものか!
2) 負けられんからな。
Takumi
1) 僕だって強いんだ!
2) しっかりしなよ。
Hinoka
1) ヒノカ、参る!
2) 私の勝利だな。
Sakura
1) お怪我はないですか?
2) そ、そばにいます。
Mikoto
1) 戻ってきてくれたのですね・・・
2) 良かった・・・!
Tsukuyomi
1) 子供ではない!
2) 力を貸してやる。
Rinka
1) あたしはリンカ。
2) 部族の力、見せてやる!
Orochi
1) まじないどおりじゃ!
2) 楽しめそうじゃのぅ。
Marx
1) 国のためだ・・・
2) 良くやったな。
Leon
1) 卑劣な愚か者め!
2) この程度なんだ・・・
Camilla
1) 愛しているわ!
2) 殺しちゃいましょ。
Elise
1) だーいすき!
2) あたしがついているよ!
Garon
1) 愚かな!
2) ククク・・・
Nyx
1) 面倒事はゴメンだわ。
2) 来なさい、坊や。
Charlotte
1) 私も頑張りますね!
2) もう許さねぇ・・・
Benoit
1) 下がっていろ!
2) 守ってみせる。
Gunther
1) 甘く見てもらっては困る。
2) お供いたしましょう。
Felicia
1) 敏腕メイドですから!
2) あっ!大変です!
Joker
1) 仰せのとおりに。
2) 何なりとお申し付けを。
Suzukaze
1) ご無事で良かった。
2) 参りましょう。
Cyrus
1) 騎士の誓いだ。
2) 分かったよ。

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone translated the voice clips of the characters?

I don't remember if anyone on Serenes translated them, but this person has.

(I don't know how to put the text into spoiler quotes, so I linked it.)

I don't think so, but if anyone's interested in translating them, here's a quick transcription to make things easier!

Aqua

1) 私はアクア。
2) 歌いましょう。
Ryoma
1) 諦めるものか!
2) 負けられんからな。
Takumi
1) 僕だって強いんだ!
2) しっかりしなよ。
Hinoka
1) ヒノカ、参る!
2) 私の勝利だな。
Sakura
1) お怪我はないですか?
2) そ、そばにいます。
Mikoto
1) 戻ってきてくれたのですね・・・
2) 良かった・・・!
Tsukuyomi
1) 子供ではない!
2) 力を貸してやる。
Rinka
1) あたしはリンカ。
2) 部族の力、見せてやる!
Orochi
1) まじないどおりじゃ!
2) 楽しめそうじゃのぅ。
Marx
1) 国のためだ・・・
2) 良くやったな。
Leon
1) 卑劣な愚か者め!
2) この程度なんだ・・・
Camilla
1) 愛しているわ!
2) 殺しちゃいましょ。
Elise
1) だーいすき!
2) あたしがついているよ!
Garon
1) 愚かな!
2) ククク・・・
Nyx
1) 面倒事はゴメンだわ。
2) 来なさい、坊や。
Charlotte
1) 私も頑張りますね!
2) もう許さねぇ・・・
Benoit
1) 下がっていろ!
2) 守ってみせる。
Gunther
1) 甘く見てもらっては困る。
2) お供いたしましょう。
Felicia
1) 敏腕メイドですから!
2) あっ!大変です!
Joker
1) 仰せのとおりに。
2) 何なりとお申し付けを。
Suzukaze
1) ご無事で良かった。
2) 参りましょう。
Cyrus
1) 騎士の誓いだ。
2) 分かったよ。

Thanks! :)

Camilla and Elsie just straight out say "I love you" so there's that. Nothing else catches my eye. Well, Takumi does seem encouraging, so if these voices are used in the game, then it would seem that Takumi isn't really that wary of the protagonist. Also, Camilla says "Let's kill them" so she does actually kill for your sake.

Nice to have more confirmation that Camilla is crazy. Good crazy if you're on her side, just bad if you're on Hoshido.

Edit:Leon's dialouge suggests that he's facing an enemy, perhaps the protagonist.

Edited by DualMix