[FE9] Anyone want to do a draft?

AgrusKos

Just dug out the game after years of not playing and I really want to draft. Standard rules, but I'm not opposed to changing anything if y'all want to.

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 5 players.
2. Ike, Titania, Reyson, and one of Tibarn, Naesala or Giffca are free for all to use.
3. Nasir and Ena will be drafted as a pair.
4. The game will be played on Fixed Hard Mode.

Rules:
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape, and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, and Arriving.
3. There are limits to how much BEXP may be used, and this is explained in detail below.
4. Partner and Other units may do as they please without penalty.
5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.
6. Chapter 27, Part 2 is not counted for final turncounts.

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (Chapter 17 counts as 4 chapters).

Exceptions:
1. Reyson and Janaff/Ulki may be used to obtain the Knight Ring if undrafted. They may not perform any other disallowed actions without penalty.

BEXP Limits:
1. Use the table below to determine how much BEXP you're allowed to give your units when you're first able to give them BEXP. Characters are listed as either a level (such as 10/--) or an amount (such as 2.xx). You may use BEXP to get them to the level shown or give them the amount shown (Example: 2.xx would mean you're allowed to cap off their current level, then give them 2 more levels).
2. At the beginning of each chapter, you may give your units 50 EXP worth of BEXP.
3. Once you reach Endgame, you may distribute BEXP freely to whomever you wish.
4. Titania may not be given BEXP until Endgame.
Spoiler (Table of BEXP limits)

Ike: +0.xx
Boyd: +0.xx
Oscar: +0.xx
Rhys: +4.xx
Soren: +3.xx
Mia: +3.xx
Ilyana: +3.xx
Rolf: +7.xx
Mist: +6.xx
Marcia: +2.xx
Lethe: +0.00
Mordecai: +0.00
Volke: 12/--
Kieran: 13/--
Brom: 12/--
Nephenee: 10/--
Zihark: +1.xx
Sothe: 09/--
Jill: +2.xx
Astrid: +5.xx
Gatrie: +2.xx
Makalov: +3.xx
Stefan: +0.00
Tormod: 14/--
Muarim: +0.00
Devdan: +1.xx
Tanith: +0.00
Janaff: --/10
Ulki: --/10
Shinon: +6.xx
Calill: --/08
Tauroneo: +1.xx
Ranulf: --/12
Haar: +1.xx
Lucia: +3.xx
Bastian: +3.xx
Geoffrey: --/13
Largo: --/10
Elincia: --/07
Ena: --/15

1. KP 2010: Marcia, Lethe, Makalov, Calill, Ulki, Elincia, Sothe

2. SwordofAeons: Jill, Soren, Mordecai, Volke, Zihark, Geoffrey, Rolf, Nasir/Ena

3. splart: Tanith, Mist, Ilyana, Muarim, Mia, Ranulf, Brom, Lucia

4. AgrusKos: Oscar, Astrid, Nephenee, Rhys, Haar, Stefan, Devdan, Tauroneo

5. LordRuby34: Boyd, Kieran, Tormod, Janaff, Shinon, Gatrie, Largo, Bastian

Edited by AgrusKos

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been itching to play this game again. Are you still using the standard BEXP rules and just didn't copy them here, or?

Reyson isn't free? I haven't drafted FE9 before, but isn't the dancer usually free?

Are Marcia/Jill as dominant here as Haar/Jill are in FE10? I doubt it but any thoughts?

Marcia and Jill are definitely top picks. Probably picks 1 and 2, but Oscar is really valuable too.

As for Reyson being free, I just copy/pasted the rules so if people want him to be free he can be free.

Are the standard BEXP rules the same as the ones in zhaoyunfan's draft? His rules can be found here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=52961

Also, I vaguely remember Titania being allowed only as a meat shield, but I'm not 100% on that (I drafted this game once 3 years ago)

There's currently 41 units that are draftable. This number isn't divisible by 5 (the number of players) so it isn't a desirable number as there will be a leftover unit. To remedy this, I'd suggest making Reyson free as dancer units are typically free in every other drafting game. Draftable dancers have proven to be very unbalanced, and so I think it's to everyone's benefit that he be a free unit.

Make Reyson free and I'll sign up as your fifth player.

If you've never drafted before you might want to check the FAQ here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24029

Also durdle turtle is the best!

I did a RD draft on Gamefaqs a few years ago, when I was in middle school. But it was still worth reviewing.

Also, I have a collection. There are approximately fifty Durdle Turtles in my binder. It. Is. Glorious.

And, for what it's worth, I also support making Reyson free.

There's actually 40 units even as Ena and Nasir are drafted together. That being said, I'm not opposed to having Reyson be free, and since the last round will be in reverse order I think it's acceptable that first pick have one less unit. Soooo what I'm saying is sure, Reyson can be free and YEAH FIVE PEOPLE WOOOO! I'll go set up a random number generator with teams!

Edited by AgrusKos

I did a RD draft on Gamefaqs a few years ago, when I was in middle school. But it was still worth reviewing.

Also, I have a collection. There are approximately fifty Durdle Turtles in my binder. It. Is. Glorious.

And, for what it's worth, I also support making Reyson free.

I pulled a foil durdle at the KTK prerelease. He's so beautiful :3

So I assigned each team a number:

Teams:

1. AgrusKos

2. SwordofAeons

3. KP 2010

4. LordRuby34

5. splart

Random.org gave me this:

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. 3
  2. 2
  3. 5
  4. 1
  5. 4

Here is the draft order:

1. KP 2010

2. SwordofAeons

3. splart

4. AgrusKos

5. LordRuby34

That means you're up KP2010! I've added a Units Available section in the top post that I will update as people draft. If y'all could pm the next person after you draft if they don't draft for more than an hour, that would be great too!

EDIT: I'm assuming we won't begin drafting tonight since KP2010 has probably gone to sleep, but be sure to check back tomorrow!

Edited by AgrusKos