[FE9] Anyone want to do a draft?

AgrusKos

Chapter Ten - Prisoner Release: 4 Turns

Prep: I buy a Max Might, Max Crit, Iron Forge. Boyd gets his 50 BEXP, gaining an empty level. I place Boyd to the south of the door, Titania to the north.

Turn 1: Ike moves next to Titania. She rescues him and Canto's full throtte. (Note, I am an Idiot and have the Hammer equipped here for some reason.) Boyd equips his steel axe and moves as far as he can as well. The alert is sounded and a bunch of enemies show up. On the enemy phase, two watchmen attack Titania. She hits them back. One is blocking her way at the end of the turn. Six dudes start chasing Boyd.

Turn 2: Boyd moves forward, just past Titania, and hand axes the watchman blocking her way. He dies painfully. Boyd sends a vulnerary back to the convoy. Titania moves full throttle up and to the west, dropping Ike in front of her right outside the boundaries of Nephenee's cell. Ike is attacked by two soldiers, who he badly wounds. Boyd kills a watchman, a mage, and a soldier with his handaxe, damaging one of the knights as well. The last watchman kindly gives Titania his chest key after she murderstomps his face into the ground. The six soldiers from the entrance are still chasing Boyd.

Turn 3: Titania handaxes one of the soldiers Ike wounded and Canto's into the boss's room. Ike moves around and cuts the unhurt soldier. Boyd moves up and around the pilliar thing, equips A Question, and uses his loving friend the vulnerary. On the enemy phase both archers commit suicide by Titania, giving her another chest Key. She also takes a mighty wallop from the boss. The two knights kill themselves on Boyd, and he gets a sweet level to make up for the empty one he got earlier. Six dudes continue chasing him.

Turn 4: Boyd opens Kieren's cell. Titania hammer's the knight guarding the escape point so hard he becomes an actual stain on the floor. Ike escapes.

The only resets here were to make sure that the archer carrying the chest key spawned with 24 instead of 25 HP. Titania could only deal him 12 x2 with the hand axe. Part of me wanted to take another turn to kill the boss for his Master Seal, but I don't think it will actually save a whole turn. The Chest Key, on the other hand, was very necessary. Without any thieves or fliers chapter 13 is going to be pretty annoying to seven turn.

Chapter Eleven - Blood Runs Red: 4 Turns

Prep: I forge Kieren a Max everything Iron Axe. I also buy a new pile of hand axes. Titania gets the Elixir. Kieren gets some axes. Titania and Kieren take their positions on the Northwest tiles. Boyd is just behind them.

Turn 1: Titania moves northwest and kills a caviler with her forge. Kieran moves next to her, on the east and equips his forge. Boyd follows a little more slowly. Ike equips his forge and moves southeast, towards the Dracoshield. On the enemy phase he massacre's the vigilante with the Iron Axe, dodges the idiot with the hand axe (this happens every single turn. It will not be mentioned again), and eats a pair of lances. He does not kill either soldier. Titania and Kieren are both attacked by Knights. Titania's opponent misses, but Kieren takes some damage. She's also attacked by a mage and two cavs. The cavs die. Titania is at 27. A bunch more enemies move into position, converging upon my team from all sides.

Turn 2: Boyd moves north of Titania and hand axe's the thief blocking the way. Titania OHKO's a mage and Canto's forward. Kieren follows and uses a vulnerary. Ike moves closer to his target and uses a vulnerary. On the enemy phase Ike get's attacked by everything in the south, leaving only a cav and one soldier who couldn't quite reach him alive. Kieren gets smacked around by a wind mage, dodges another cavilier and kills him in return. The boss attacks Titania with his bow. Four cavs suicide on Titania. The wounded Knight attacks Boyd. He fails to do anything but get himself killed. Titania ends the turn at 3 HP.

Turn 3: Ike moves to the door of the Dracoshield house and uses a vulnerary. Boyd kills the mage. Titania moves as far forward as possible and uses the elixir. Kieren follows, using a vulnerary. On the enemy phase Kieren is attacked only once, the boss and remaining cav attack Boyd. The cav died, but the boss was a coward who used his bow. Ike finishes off his last two relevent opponents. Nobody attacks Titania, but they would have if she had just used a vulnerary instead.

Turn 4: Boyd attacks the boss, hoping for a lucky crit. He doesn't get it, but that's okay. Ike visits for the Dracoshield. Titania hammer's the knight on the bridge like he was an annoying nail. Kieren arrives.

Fkakljafkklaf ajdf. That was ridiculously hard. Everyone except Boyd died at least three times. Each time I tried something slightly different, until I finally settled on the strategy outlined above. In the final strategy it essentially came down to how lucky Titania got on her dodges. Kieren and Ike both also have to get a reasonable number, but nothing absurd. In other news, Boyd is now far and away the best combatant on my team. He makes Titania look weak. His defense is a little loose, but I did manage to grab the Dracoshield this chapter. He's getting that at the base.

Chapter Twelve - A Strange Land: 8 Turns

Prep: Boyd got the Dracoshield, Kieren got 50 BEXP. I made another Iron Axe forge as a backup. Ike took the laguzslayer out of the convoy. Sothe was recruited.

Turn 1: Everyone gets ready for the Ravens. Ike and Boyd are attacked by the ravens.

Turn 2: Kieren kills a Raven, and so does Boyd. Ike shove Boyd forward. A raven attacks Boyd.

Turn 3: Boyd kills a raven. A raven attacks Boyd, and another comes after Ike.

Turn 4: Boyd and Kieren kill a Raven apiece.

Turn 5: Boyd uses a vulnerary. A raven attacks him.

Turn 6: Boyd kills a Raven.

Turn 7: I don't think anything happened, expect for the annoying reinforcement. He arrives at the end of your turn seven and can't be in range until the enemy phase of turn eight. He has fourteen speed. Seeker and another Raven attack Ike.

Turn 8: Titania weakens Seeker. Boyd hits him with a hand axe. Boyd promotes. Kieren kills seeker. Ike trades with Boyd so Boyd has A Question ready to go. Ike kills a raven. The last Raven commits suicide by Boyd.

The only reason I fed so many kills to Boyd instead of Kieren, who needed the training, was that awful fourteen speed raven reinforcement. Boyd and Titania were the only ones close at the beginning of the level, and I certainly wasn't powerleveling Titania until she got two speed. I actually had to reset twice, once because I understandably forgot about that raven and I had been feeding kills to Kieren. The second time Seeker managed to activate Miracle.

Stats at Chapter 13 Base, after giving Kieren 50 BEXP and a Secret Book

Stats: Lvl | HP |STR | MAG | SKILL | SPD | LCK | DEF | RES

Ike: 15 | 37 | 12 | 4 | 14 | 15 | 11 | 11 | 5

Kieran: 16 | 33 | 13 | 1 | 14 | 14 | 9 | 12 | 2

Boyd: 20/1| 46 | 20 | 1 | 17 | 18 | 10 | 13 | 5

Titania: --/6| 37 | 15 | 5 | 16 | 16 | 13 | 13 | 9

Total Turns so Far: 61

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I thought I had posted an entry earlier but I guess I forgot to press 'post' lol (luckily I wrote this on Google Drive).

I've been finishing a Radiant Dawn run so haven't been playing PoR for the last few days but I started again today!

Chapter 18: 7 turns

Marcia, Makalov, Titania and Lethe charged North with Reyson (Lethe didn’t attack anyone except the Blizzard sage - she did shove Sothe though so he could grab Wrath). Makalov and Titania are both able to kill untransformed ravens but can’t double the transformed ones so Marcia focused on taking those out. Reyson was rescue-dropped a lot so I guess Makalov does have his uses. :)

Ulki stayed at the bottom with Ike to kill the Wyvern Knights and Cavalier reinforcements.

Makalov has now tied/beaten Titania in HP, Str, Spd and Def hurrah.

Ike: Level 2

Titania: Level 11

Lethe: Level 9

Marcia: Level 19/10

Sothe: Level 17

Makalov: Level 21/3

Reyson: Level 3

Ulki: Level 10

Chapter 19: 3 turns

I think I could’ve completed this chapter in two turns if I didn’t go for the Knight Ring, but I’m guessing it will save turns later on.

Ike: Level 3

Lethe: Level 9

Marcia: Level 19/11

Sothe: Level 18

Makalov: Level 21/5

Reyson: Level 4

Ulki: Level 10

Chapter 20: 2 turns

With Reyson’s help, Marcia rescue-dropped Ike by the boss area in turn 1. I had to position them in a certain way so that enemies did not block the path to the boss.

Lethe and Ulki went for the top village while Makalov went for the bottom village. I originally planned for Marcia to weaken the boss while Calill finished him off with a siege tome but Marcia crit-killed the boss in turn 2.

Calill cleared the way for Makalov to obtain Rescue while Lethe, Sothe and Titania nabbed a kill.

Marcia has now capped Str whoo!

Ike: Level 4

Lethe: Level 10

Marcia: Level 19/12

Sothe: Level 18

Makalov: Level 21/6

Ulki: Level 11

Calill: Level 8

Chapter 21: 6 turns

I actually wasted 3 Boltings on Ena (the first two missed at 69% chance). :( I can't be bothered to restart though because although my run-through was relatively painless, I'm scared of the sleep staves accidentally hitting one of my units on a crucial turn (pro-tip: use Pure Water).

I just checked on the Path of Radiance page and you get another Bolting in Ch. 22 and a Hammerne in Ch. 23 so I think I'll be ok?

Tauroneo had a lucky escape - after I recruited him with Ike (+Knight Ring), I moved him to the right and he got hit by Sleep. On the end of that turn, enemies spawned to the right and I was worried they would attack him but luckily I moved Titania and Reyson down and they soaked up the hits, phew.

Sothe managed to grab Stiletto and Parity (not that I foresee any great use for them tbh but you never know!) I was thinking about trying to nab the Energy Drop but I don't think anyone desperately needs it right now (maybe Ike I guess) and I can't be bothered to plan how to get it (especially because I had to use Makalov and Titania to carry Calill/clear the way for her to use Bolting and use Lethe and Ulki as Shove bots).

Ike: Level 20/5

Titania: Level 12

Lethe: Level 11

Marcia: Level 20/13

Sothe: Level 19

Makalov: Level 21/7

Ulki: Level 12

Calill: Level 8

Oh and one thing to point out is that since Ch. 21, my BEXP has started to run very low and I'm going to have to start prioritising people (I think I'll pick Ike, Makalov, Calill and Lethe where possible).

Chapter 22: 1 turn

Titania and Marcia nabbed the Bolting tome off the Sage while Calill crit-killed the boss in turn 1 with Bolting (8% chance and I only had to reset once woo).

Edited by KP 2010

Chapter 23: 5 turns

I only took 3 tries to do this map and I was pretty impressed by my on-the-spot thinking haha.

On this map, pretty much everyone bar Sothe was useful. Marcia stormed ahead with a forged javelin and either killed or was heavily damaged all her enemies. Makalov, Titania and Lethe formed the clean-up crew while Ulki tactically took out Ballista-archers and long-range magic. Ulki was crucial for bridging the final pitfall gap so that Ike could reach Seize range.

Originally, I planned for Titania to take the boss kill (she is seriously starting to trail off now in terms of Strength) but Marcia crit-killed the boss.

I am pretty pleased with my draft picks so far. Makalov has finally started to shine (having overtaken Titania in all the crucial areas), Calill is good for the siege-tome boss kills, Lethe is an amazing Smite-bot and she has pretty stellar offensive+defensive parameters and Marcia is of course, the jewel in the crown.

Ike is pretty meh because of his low movement and Ulki's flying utility is very useful (I think he's mainly been a Shove-bot so far though really). Sothe is pretty meh as well but he was a late pick so whatever. I think Janaff would've been a far better pick over Ulki (higher Speed and I believe he transforms on Turn 1, whereas Ulki is stuck on the Demi Band)

Ah! I just realised I should've taken Jill along to recruit Haar for the Brave Axe!!!! :( Too lazy to restart now though.

Ike: Level 20/6

Titania: Level 13

Lethe: Level 13

Marcia: Level 19/15

Sothe: Level 19

Makalov: Level 21/9

Reyson: Level 5

Ulki: Level 14

Calill: Level 11

I was thinking of giving Wrath to Marcia but she hasn't really taken much damage in the past few chapters coz of her high avoid so hm.

Calill got a Secret Book. I think I'll save the Spirit Dust for Elincia for Rescue stave usage (I'm not exactly sure where I would use it but I've seen people talk about it so...)

Chapter 24: 5 turns

I had Marcia rescue Ike on turn 1, Reyson chant and Lethe Smite.

Marcia dropped Ike at the end of turn 2 and went for Nihil while Titania ran north for Saviour. Makalov did some self-improvement and the rest of my units cleared the starting area for Reyson's safety.

Marcia ended this chapter with 3HP so she thankfully managed a lucky dodge somewhere lol.

Chapter 25: 5 turns

All I can say is that I am so thankful for Calill (+ siege tomes) and Marcia. Calill used up a whole Meteor tome and one Bolting in this chapter but managed to save a turn.

Ulki proved his usefulness in this chapter as he took on most of the right side by himself (sadly, he could not ORKO a few things because his damage was too low or he couldn't double).

Marcia solo'd most of the left-side (with some support from Lethe) and cleared the top part mostly by herself (with some support from Calill who Meteor'd the priest and the Ballista-archer). Calill was fortunately just in the right position to take out the last enemy which Ulki did not manage to ORKO earlier.

Ike: Level 20/8

Titania: Level 14

Lethe: Level 14

Marcia: Level 19/18

Sothe: Level 20

Makalov: Level 21/11

Reyson: Level 6

Ulki: Level 15

Calill: Level 13

It's weird how I've only used up one use of the Laguz Stone on Reyson. For most of the chapters, the first turn is crucial for me so I have to use his Chant instead of a Stone.

Chapter 26: 5 turns

I think theoretically, I could've done this in 4 turns but it would've required a lot of dodge-tanking from Marcia and I can't be bothered to reset tbh.

Again, Marcia and Calill proved their usefulness. Bolting was necessary because one of the enemies blocked Ike's path to seizing and Marcia needed to kill the boss.

I used Hammerne on Bolting.

Ike: Level 20/8

Titania: Level 15

Lethe: Level 14

Marcia: Level 19/20

Makalov: Level 21/12

Calill: Level 14

Elincia: Level 8

Chapter 27: 4 turns (+ 1 turn against the Black Knight)

I managed to steal a Physics, grab a Physics from the Chest and grab the Silver Lance (not that I will use it). It's pretty cool that Elincia can one-shot doors with Amiti. I had Reyson use a Laguz Stone here.

I just escaped the fight against the Black Knight.

Ike: Level 20/10

Titania: Level 16

Lethe: Level 15

Makalov: Level 21/13

Calill: Level 14

Elincia: Level 8

Edited by KP 2010

Chapter 28: 4 turns

This was far and away the most painful chapter in a long time. I had to reset so many times!!!!! And the enemy phases are so long - I just did some other stuff while waiting for it to end.

Basically, I got Marcia to ferry Ike all the way to the boss area (which was guarded by a tanky, accurate, and high-damaging red dragon). I plopped Ike (with Laguz guard + pure water) right in front of the dragon and Marcia just behind (unequipping her to attract the mage attacks and so that she didn't face a red dragon herself).

On paper, it doesn't seem to bad but the damage can really overwhelm either Marcia/Ike (if you don't get lucky Aether procs) and there's a Sleep staff Bishop as well. To kill the dragon, Ike has to Aether it during one of the two enemy phases or as a back-up, I got Ulki to ferry Calill to the forests just in range of a Bolting (with Reyson in range for a chant if necessary).

Luckily, Ike managed to pull off an Aether but good lord, the amount of resetting I had to do!!!

Also, my Ike only had 25 Speed going into this chapter so the dragon can be doubled.

On a side-note, I am now out of Elixirs but I get Elincia back next Chapter so hopefully that will help.

Ike: Level 20/13

Titania: Level 16

Lethe: Level 15

Makalov: Level 21/14

Reyson: Level 7

Calill: Level 15

Elincia: Level 9

Edited by KP 2010

Alright everyone, good news and bad news. Good news: I finally got to play. Bad news: I screwed up and have to start over. Let me show you what I have logged:

Prologue: 4/4

Standard stuff, Ike levels up etc etc

Ike: 2

Chapter 1: 3/7

Oscar is very useful here but I can't shave a turn even with him

Ike:3

Titania: --/1

Oscar: 3

Chapter 2: 4/11

Oscar goes north while Ike ventures east, then Titania shows up and wrecks face.

Ike: 5

Titania: --/1

Oscar: 4

Rhys: 4

Chapter 3: 3/14

This is where I royally screwed up. In my efforts to 3-turn this map, I missed the Hand Axe. Titania solo'd the map of course, and I did get the Elixir (somehow) but I could not for the life of me figure out how to get the Hand Axe in 3 turns.

Titania: --/2

Chapter 4: 3/17

This is where I started to realize getting the Hand Axe was worth the turn. A 2-turn is possible but Titania needs to crit the boss when she attacks him. I must have reset this map at least 20 times until I gave up and settled for 3 turns. Hand Axe would've made this much easier.

Ike: 6

Titania: --/2

Chapter 5: 6/23

Defend/Defend Titania picks up the boss kill on a random crit (wasn't resetting for it either, just managed to get lucky)

Ike: 7

Titania: --/3

Oscar: 6

Chapter 6:

Didn't complete the map, and I'm starting over now. I'm fairly certain a 4-turn is possible (especially with Oscar) but I can't cut it down to less than 6. Even giving Titania the Javelin doesn't cut it, as Javelin just narrowly misses out on kills that the Hand Axe would get, as well as depriving Oscar of the Javelin.

Splart: how did you manage a 3-turn on chapter 3 AND pick up the Hand Axe without Shinon or Gatrie? I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Nice turn counts and it's a shame you have to restart for the hand axe. I remember thinking about resetting Chapter 4 to get a 2 turn clear but I gave up. Thinking about it now, it wouldn't have been as bad as some of the other maps I kept resetting on lol.

I'm finding the final chapter to be a bit of a nuisance to get a decent turn count on. I should've probably picked up Resolve so that I could've tried a Resolve/Wrath combo...

Edited by KP 2010

Chapter Thirteen - A Guiding Wind: 7 Turns

I lost the write up for this one. :( I also did this a week ago, so my memory is a little too fuzzy for the play-by-play. I do remember being frustrated at having to reset frequently. Astrid died five times, I missed a necessary ninty percent, one of the soldiers drew a crow onto my ship, Kieren ate a critical, and on and on. Eventually I was able to make the ravens retreat my opening all of the chests but one by turn six, killing the one raven that stayed and having Titania kill the last Halbridier.

Chapter Fourteen - Training: 3 Turns

Preparation: Titania got the torch for this one. Kieren got the BEXP. I forged Gatrie a steel lance, gave him his BEXP levels and had him eat the speedwing.

Turn 1: Boyd moved forward and shot the first brigand in the back, Ike moved up and failed to cut down the second. Kieren finished for him and canto'd northwards. Titania galloped to the space north of him and started trading stuff around until they both had their hand axe's equiped. Then she lit the torch. Gatrie plodded over to Calil's house and grabbed the Spirit Dust. On the enemy phase an archer and a mage killed themselves on Kieren, and the reaming brigand ran away. Some more enemies moved around in the fog.

Turn 2: Titania moved up, avoiding the idiot with the poleaxe on the bridge and used her torch again. Boyd killed the idiot with the poleaxe. Ike took the opportunity to rush off after the bandit and stab him in the back, because why not. Kieren moved forward and used a vulnerary. Gatrie started moving northeast. The enemies attacked Kieren and Titania, who managed to kill nothing and no one. I found that sad.

Turn 3: Boyd moved up and shot Titania a way through the wall of dudes that had surrounded her while Ike kept moving west and stabbing people in the face. Kieren went around and killed the archer that had the Laguz Bow. Titania attacked the boss for slightly less than half his health. His attack hit as well, despite only displaying thirty percent accuracy. At the last minute I remembered Gatrie and had him stab a guy for a few EXP. On the enemy phase Galashima attacked Titania and hit again! This time she activated counter though, dealing him just enough damage that her counterattack finished him off.

This took a few tries, mostly because Titania had to either crit or counter. And Galashima critted her on two different occasions. Otherwise it was pretty simple.

Chapter Fifteen - The Feral Frontier: 5 Turns

Prep: I give Boyd two arms scrolls to boost his Bow rank up to C and equip him with the Killer Bow and a new steel forge. Kieren gets the BEXP and the Laguz Axe. Ike takes the laguzslayer out of storage. I deploy Boyd in the square closest to the boss, with Gatrie right behind him. Volke and Sothe are deployed as amateur archaeologists.

Turn 1: Gatrie shoves Boyd. This is the only important thing Gatrie will do this level. Boyd then moves a whole three spaces closer to the boss. Sothe grabs the guard scroll while Volke stays under Ike's protection as they move north. Kieren heads east. Titania tries her luck at finding the coin. Amazingly she manages to actually find it. On the enemy phase a cat attacks Kieren. He smacks it back, putting the poor creature down to three hit points.

Turn 2: Boyd moves another three squares towards Muarium. This puts him next to an untransformed laguz. It only takes one hit. Sothe runs away from the untransformed raven that followed him, moving next to Gatrie. Kieren kills the cat and moves two spaces farther east. Ike and Volke continue their slow advance toward the boots. One the enemy phase Ike kills a Tiger and Boyd murders a hawk. The untransformed raven keeps following Sothe, while a transformed cat tries to get close to Kieren.

Turn 3: Gatrie kills the dumb bird, accomplishing very little other than gaining himself some EXP. Ike and Volke advance. I misplace Volke here. I was trying to have him grab the Physic but I put him one space to the west of where it is. I have to compensate for this by having Sothe make a run at it. He won't reach it this turn though. Kieren moves within one space of the cat. He could attack it with a hand-axe, but I have him leave the laguz axe equipped. Boyd takes another three steps toward Muarium, and drinks a vulnerary. This is probably unnessary, but Boyd is good about following Griel's advise about little wounds. Several Laguz use their enemy phase to kill themselves on Boyd and Ike. Another almost manages to die on Kieren, but he can't quite double cats.

Turn 4: He can still two-shot them though, and he does. Ike and Volke go a little further north, Volke staying in Ike's shadow the whole time. Sothe grabs the Physic. Boyd moves another three squares north. On the enemy phase Ike starts fighting a Bird while Boyd kills a pair of tigers.

Turn 5: Ike finishes the bird while Volke grabs the boots. Boyd moves toward Big M and criticals him in the face with the killer bow. This is enough damage to end the chapter.

This is the reason it took me so long to update. I was dreading my turncount for this chapter. I didn't draft either of the fliers, the laguz, or the two mages that you can have by this point. I knew that this would take me far more turns that I would like. Boyd was reduced to only three squares of movement. Titania and Kieren only had two, as for Gatrie, he could move a grand total of one square. One square! And he still saved a turn by shoving Boyd. Blarg.

Chapter Sixteen - The Atonement: 4 Turns

Prep: Kieren got 45 BEXP at base. This was enough for him to promote and learn how to use swords. He also got the Boots, because his stats were mostly equal to or better than Titania's, and she was seven levels higher. His resistance still blows though. He grabbed an old Iron Sword from the convoy along with the Hammer. Tormod got BEXP'd up to level fourteen, received the Spirit Dust, and was forged a fire tome called Dante. Gatrie got the last five BEXP.

Turn 1: Kieren charges and kills the northmost of the three myrms with his sword. Titania lances another one down to seven HP. Gatrie, Tormod, Boyd, and Ike advance. The wounded Myrm comes down and attacks Gatrie, who kills him in the face. The other charges Ike. They both get wounded. Finally, the two fighters attack Titania. She dodges, but doesn't kill either.

Turn 2: Ike runs in front of Kieren, who grabs him and moves eleven squares toward the boss. Gatrie finishes the wounded myrm. Tormod and Boyd both kill a fighter. Titania murders the idiot with the armorslayer so he can't attack Kieren. Speaking of our red-headed friend he gets hit in the face by two mages on the enemy phase.

Turn 3: Titania gets a mage out of Kieren's way with the mighty power of an axe to the face. He, in turn, rushes into the throne room and drops Ike five spaces away from the seize square. On the enemy phase Kieren and Ike endure an onslaught of random dudes. Ike kills two myrmidions, and the route to the boss is clear. Titania has to fight one knight and a mage, but it's nothing she can't handle.

Turn 4: Titania kills that mage for his Gamble scroll, Shinion is going to want that later. Then Kieren hammer's Kimarsi into dust so that Ike can seize.

This was a pretty easy one. I might regret the lack of the full guard later. I don't think it was worth a full turn though.

Chapter Seventeen - Day Breaks: ?? Turns

Preperations: Ike gets a Steel Forge, Tormod eats the Robe, and Kieren gets Gatrie's Knight Ward.

Part One: 3 Turns

Turn 1: Ike shoves Tormod. Gatrie shoves Boyd. They both go east, Boyd brutally one shotting one of the Myrms without even needing a critical hit. Kieren charged forward and cut down another myrmidon before cantoing over his dead body to advance farther north. Titania just barely moved into range of the southern fighter. One the enemy phase he took the bait and threw himself in front of her axe. The living myrmidon in the east attacked Tormod but failed to acomplish anything other than becoming slightly crispier. An archer moved to shoot at Kieren but accomplished nothing. The northwest fighters and the knights both advanced.

Turn 2: Kieren takes three poison damage at the beginning of the turn, cursing these scum for daring to use such underhanded and vile tactics all the while. He charges forward and starts smacking around a sniper with his trusty hand-axe. The sniper lives, but he's not in terribly good shape once Kieren finishes with him for the turn. Down on the southern front Boyd is advancing, he charges into the bush in front of the knights and axe's the archer that shot at Kieren the last question he'll ever hear. Meanwhile Tormod finishes broiling the Myrmidion that dared attack him earlier. Titania moves south again, joining Ike and Gatrie as they wait for the enemy reinforcements. On the enemy phase the sniper, the two mages, and the northern myrmidon all kill themselves on Kieren. The Halbradier goes down to fifteen HP. One of the knights and a fighter fall to Boyd's axe while the other knight attempts to javelin him in the face. It doesn't work. The last fighter makes a valiant effort to throw himself on Boyd's axe, but can't quite reach him in the swampy terrain. The three enemy myrmidion reinforcements spawn.

Turn 3: Boyd strolls up to the fighter that couldn't quite reach him last turn and hits him with an axe until he stops breathing. Tormod takes Boyd's old spot in the bush and uses it to burn a knight to death. Up north Kieren takes pity on the poor Halb and puts him down with his steel axe. Ike, Titania, and Gatrie all pick a Myrmidion and poke him. On the enemy phase they all kill themselves on Ike.

This one was annoying purely because Kieren's accuracy with a hand-axe hovered around 70-80%. I kept having to reset when he missed too many enemies and couldn't finish his end by turn three. I tried for a turn two clear a few times before settling on the turn three. It was just too unlikely, Kieren had to hit every attack and crit-kill the boss. The odds of that happening were south of one percent. Another problem were the three Myrms that spawn at the bottom. They all have seventeen speed. My highest speed unit was Boyd, with twenty. That made things...problematic. I had to put three people down there so they would all die on the enemy phase. A swordmaster would have been useful there.

Total Turns so Far: 83

Edited by LordRuby34

• 1 month later...

I am still doing this. Slowly, but it's still a thing that's happening.

Part 2: 5 Turns

This is the saga a Kieren getting stuck in the mud. It takes him two full turns to clear it, which hurts my turn count more than I would like. The rest of the team kills things on the other path while I wait. Ike hits level twenty here, but nothing else of note happens.

Part 3: 10 Turns

It's a survive mission. I kept Ike out of combat and killed everything on the map for EXP. Tormod and Gatrie both ended up partway through level nine.

Total Turns so Far: 98

Draft Attempt 2: Electric Boogaloo

Units: Oscar, Rhys, Nephenee, Astrid, Stefan, Devdan, Tauroneo

Prologue: 4 Turns/4 Total

Prologue is prologue, standard stuff.

Ike: 2

Chapter 1: 3 Turns/7 Total

Got the Seraph Robe and the Steel Sword, Titania grabbed the boss kill. Was hoping Oscar could shave off a turn but I couldn't figure a way to do that.

Ike: 3

Titania: -/1

Oscar: 3

Chapter 2: 4 Turns/11 Total

Titania grabs the boss kill per usual. Oscar heads north to clean up everyone there while Ike holds off the axemen until Titania shows up to save the day.

Ike: 4

Titania: -/1

Chapter 3: 4 Turns/15 Total

This one was pretty frustrating. Missing the Hand Axe is the reason I reset my first run. 3 Turns plus Hand Axe is theoretically possible but I'm not resetting for a 2% crit. Titania charges the ship and gets hand axe and boss kill . Ike drops his sword and face tanks, distracting the Bandits from Gatrie who is carrying Shinon. Ike also uses the Seraph Robe (would've been helpful to have already used it but oh well). Miss the Elixir.

Titania: -/2

Chapter 4: 2 Turns/17 Total

Praise the lord for Titania. Hand Axe means I can reliably kill the boss on turn two without resetting for a crit.

Titania: -/2

Chapter 5: 6 Turns/23 Total

Defend map/Defend map. Titania manages to find a window to run out and murder the boss.

Titania: -/3

Oscar: 7

Chapter 6: 6 Turns/29 Total

God I hate this map. I'm sure there's an optimal strategy that I'm missing or something. But I can't for the life of me figure it out. Ike having the Seraph Robe is a godsend, my last run he died on this map. Over. And over. And over. Titania carries Ike down to the Escape point and murders the boss. Oscar stays at the top and keeps enemies from following her. Rhys heals Oscar from the brush.

Titania: -/4

Oscar: 8

Rhys: 5

Chapter 7: 7 Turns/36 Total

This one is also a pain. Titania has to get over the the left side of the map asap, both because she's the only unit who can kill the knights in a timely fashion and to protect Shinon and Gatrie from seeing combat. Ike follows her on her journey left to clean up the reinforcements, while Oscar escorts the undrafted units/Rhys up and right before linking up with Ike to finish off stragglers. Another map I'm sure is possible in at least one less turn but was waaay too much work. Titania got the boss kill and Oscar grabbed Miracle, other than that left the chests untouched.

Ike: 9

Titania: -/5

Oscar: 10

Rhys: 6

Chapter 8: 8 Turns/44 Total

Defend map/Defend map. BEXP time: Rhys gets his +4.xx while Ike and Oscar cap off their levels. Ike and Oscar support. Rhys gets Miracle and Ashera Icon. Ike goes left, recruits Ilyana for that nice expensive Thunder Magic. Titania rips through the enemy lines and grabs the boss kill.

Ike: 13

Titania: -/6

Oscar: 13

Rhys: 11

Chatper 9: 5 Turns/49 Total

50 BEXP to the boys, noone levels though. Titania and RHys support. Titania carries Ike down to the Seize point. In a pleasant break from tradition, Oscar gets the boss kill!

Ike: 14

Titania: -/7

Oscar: 15

Rhys: 12

Chapter 10: 4 Turns/53 Total
50 BEXP to the team, Oscar gets a level from it. Titania ferries Ike to the Escape point and murders some watchmen for their keys. Got all the keys and none of the chests. Brom and Kieran die in prison =(. Nephenee recruited!

Ike: 14

Titania: -/7

Oscar: 17

Rhys: 12

Nephenee: 7

Chapter 11: 5 Turns/58 Total

Nephenee gets BEXP'd up 10. Everyone else gets their 50, with Ike leveling up. Ike and Titania support. Ike runs up and right, unceremoniously cuts down Zihark and grabs the Killer Lance. Nephenee runs down and left and grabs the dracoshield. Titania and Oscar charge up the middle, with Titania bee-lining the objective while Oscar provides tech support in the form of lances to the face, most notably to the boss. Two bosses in a row for Oscar!

Ike: 16

Titania: -/8

Oscar: 19

Rhys: 13

Nephenee: 11

Chapter 12: 8 Turns/66 Total

My kingdom for a flyer. Oh well, can't be helped. Everyone gets their 50 BEXP, and Rhys levels up from it, as well as using the Dracoshield. Oscar gets boss kill, promotes and I choose Swords for some reason.

Ike: 17

Titania: -/8

Oscar: 20/1

Rhys: 13

Nephenee: 13

Chapter 13: 7 Turns/73 Total

50 BEXP to everyone, no levels. Rhys uses the Seraph Robe and Secret Book looted from the crows last chapter. Oscar got the boss kill and I recruited Astrid despite her best efforts to die. She also recruited Gatrie on the last turn because everyone on my team uses lances!

Ike: 19

Titania: -/9

Oscar: 20/3

Rhys: 15

Nephenee: 14

Astrid: 3

Chapter 14: 3 Turns/76 Total

Astrid gets her +5.xx BEXP all the way to level 9! Everyone else gets 50, causing Rhys to level up. Rhys gets Speedwing. Oscar rushes the boss and kills him on turn 3 with a turn-saving crit. He's really replaced Titania in "Boss kill is mine" role. Titania grabs the Spirit Dust In other news, Ike hit 20.

Ike: 20

Oscar: 20/4

Rhys: 16

Nephenee: 15

Astrid: 10

Chapter 15: 5 Turns/81 Total/Rhys Ex Machina

This is it. The test. The level I have built my entire early game around. Everyone gets 50 BEXP, causing Rhys and Oscar to level up. Rhys then gets the Master Seal, Flare and Spirit Dust. I forge him a lightened light tome that his dainty form can carry. Also it has +4 Mt and +9 crit, so that's cool. Lethe ventures west to recruit Stefan, and somehow manages to avoid combat thanks to the efforts of Nephenee and her shoving master Ike. Sothe skirts the edges of combat and picks up Boots, Shine and Physic. Most admirably, Rhys ventures out directly into combat (with the Laguzgaurd of course) and solos his way to the boss. Could've brought down Muarim in 4 turns or 3 with a lucky crit, but needed to recruit Stefan. Titania Astrid and Oscar wonder loudly why they even brought their horses, although Astrid's horse did manage to limp its way left enough to pick up two kills. Stefan recruited, Occult acquired!

Oscar: 20/5

Rhys: 17/3

Nephenee: 17

Astrid: 12

Stefan: -/8

Chapter 16: 6 Turns/87 Total

50 BEXP to the team. Nephenee, Rhys, Oscar and Astrid level up. Boots go to Supreme Commander Oscar so he can ferry puny horseless Ike across the battlefield. Could have finished in four turns but needed Devdan, got a chest key out of it because of the extra turns though. Oscar is back in the boss killing business.

Oscar: 20/7

Rhys: 17/4

Nephenee: 18

Astrid: 15

Stefan: -/8

Devdan: -/4

Chapter 17 Preparations

Devdan gets his +1.xx BEXP to level -/6. Everyone else gets their 50. Oscar, Rhys, Nephenee and Stefan level up.

That's where I left off! Kind of dreading 17 because no flyers = sad times but I'm looking forward to a promoted Ike! Also I've reached a point where it's very hard for any of my units to die, as Rhys is both an unkillable god and an incredible healer, and everyone else can at least pull their weight if not one-round most enemies.

Edited by AgrusKos

Part 4: 4 Turns

I know this game hates me. I know it to the depths of my soul.

Prep: My first clue is when Kieren started off in the square farthest from Oliver. I'm almost positive I could have shaved a turn if I got to choose his starting position.

Turn 1: My good buddy Kieren moves as far as he can toward that annoying swampy gap between the trees while Titania and Gatrie team up to kill a caviler. Boyd and Tormod head over to support Kieren's charge toward Oliver while Ike distracts the fighter so Tormod doesn't get an axe in the face. The enemy phase mostly consists of a few dudes ineffectually whacking Gatrie and a Mage actually managing to do damage to him. The majority of Oliver's Army mobilizes toward everyone's favorite red armored knight but doesn't actually manage to get far enough to actually attack him. The only one who gets close is the mage who misses Boyd.

Turn 2: Boyd ganks a caviler and Kieren murders a mage so he can advance to the edge of the swamp. Tormod, Gatrie, and Titania all pick a dude on the eastern side of the swamp and kill him. Ike continues sparing with the fighter he distracted last turn. This continues onto the enemy phase, when the poor idiot dies on Ike's sword. Of course, the fighter comes out looking like a genius compared to the legion of knights and cavilers that suicide onto Kieren and Titania. The only other action of note was taken by Meteor Mage, who managed to miss on every turn of the level.

Turn 3: Boyd, Tormod, Gatrie, and Tits all kill a dude. Ike moves downward so the possible reinforcements can't reach him during the enemy phase next turn. Kieren charges toward Oliver and equips the handaxe, so that four dudes can suicide into him on the enemy phase. Another few move up and attack Boyd, who had equiped himself with a bow for some points toward B rank so he can eventually use the Brave Bow if I ever need ridiculous overkill.

Turn 4: Tormod and Boyd both get a kill, as does Gatrie, except Gatrie manages to promote from his. Then Kieren murders Oliver with a hand-axe. This was the time consuming part of this level. I had about a 30% chance of succeeding on the player phase, and around 70% of succeeding by the end of the enemy phase. Nevertheless this took me six tries. Fat prick.

Anyway, my Wii spitzed out after that, so I called it a night. More later this week.

Total Turns so Far: 102