Favorite candy bars/chocolate?

Anacybele

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they're not the same company. Dove chocolate is owned by the Mars company, and Dove soap is its own company entirely. So I still don't understand.

No, they aren't. I just looked it up a little while ago. Funny thing though, Dove chocolate was invented a year after the soap was. The soap came in 1955, the chocolate in 1956. Wonder how they got past trademarking issues and whatnot... Dove soap was first, so it could've went and told the Mars company "hey, we already own that name" and all.

Edited by Anacybele

I love Twix and Ferrero Rocher.

Kinder isn't German. It's made by the same people as Ferrero Rocher. The USA has an annoying law that prevents Kinder from being sold in the country. Which is sad, they'd rather liberate firearms than chocolate.

Edited by Cerberus87

Ferrero Rocher all the way, although they're very pricey around here. A pack with three chocolates costs around 3 bucks or more.

No, they aren't. I just looked it up a little while ago. Funny thing though, Dove chocolate was invented a year after the soap was. The soap came in 1955, the chocolate in 1956. Wonder how they got past trademarking issues and whatnot... Dove soap was first, so it could've went and told the Mars company "hey, we already own that name" and all.

My understanding from google searching a bit in the past couple of minutes is that a trademark is registered within a certain category. So Dove Soap and Dove Chocolate are not competing trademarks because of the gap you have noted between their respective products. In fact, Dove seems to be a textbook case of this for online sites providing information about this sort of thing.

I love Twix and Ferrero Rocher.

Kinder isn't German. It's made by the same people as Ferrero Rocher. The USA has an annoying law that prevents Kinder from being sold in the country. Which is sad, they'd rather liberate firearms than chocolate.

Kinder is a German word though (for the word "children" or "kids")... And I've only seen it sold in Germany. So...

For me, my favourite rare delicacy is Fererro Rocher. Too bad that shit's expensive; even the three pack has an intolerable price.

My 2 top favourite common candy bars/chocolate is the Hershey Cookies n Cream and Kit-Kat.

• 2 weeks later...

My favourites are:

-Kit-Kat Chunky

-Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (mmmn, peanut butter I love you <3)

-Wunderbar

-Mr. Big

-Dairy Milk (the new "Marvellous Creations" are pretty cool)

-Butterfinger

-Ferrero Rocher

Edited by Infinite Dreams

Lindor truffles are the best chocolates there are (at least chain-wise) :wub:

The chocolates that I got from Rome are the best chocolates I have ever had, though.

Some people claim that the chocolate store they are from makes the best chocolate in Europe, and I think that they may be right.

The mountain one with a mountain on its logo, what is its name anyway...I only remember the mountain on its logo based on a real mountain somewhere in Europe.

Edited by Magical CC

Since I don't buy my own food yet I'd be fine with anything as long it doesn't have coconut or almonds (I'd still eat it though). When I do live on my own and have control on what I purchase I plan on boycotting dairy chocolates and becoming a Vegan, don't care that much about food tbh.

Edited by Rabbattack

The mountain one with a mountain on its logo, what is its name anyway...I only remember the mountain on its logo based on a real mountain somewhere in Europe.

Andes mint chocolates?

---

First off, you're all banned for making me hungry for choco--wait, what do you mean that's mod abuse?! :P:

Anyway, back when I could eat them, I was quite fond of Twix (best when put in the freezer), Kit-kats (also from my freezer), and Justin's peanut butter cups. And Snickers.

Edited by eclipse

Andes mint chocolates?

The one I mentioned is Toblerone but I love Andes mint chocolates too. The mountain in Toblerone logo is the Swiss Alps but I always thought it's Andes. Toblerone chocolate is rich and sweet, the caramel flavor is the best.

Edited by Magical CC

First off, you're all banned for making me hungry for choco--wait, what do you mean that's mod abuse?! :P:

Eclipse you're a great mod, but if you banned someone every time you threatened to ban someone, you'd be the best mod ever.

Oh God, don't even get me started on crunch bars. I love when they put nuts in chocolate- Peanuts are my favorite, but I can't eat them often because my roommate's allergic. Almonds are a close second, though! I just like it when the bar crunches.

That being said, all chocolate is good chocolate.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone has ever had a zero bar here, but those are reaaaly good! Also Charleston Chews and Hershey's Cookies and Cream are personal favorites of mine.