Favorite candy bars/chocolate?

Anacybele

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm...well, I am not generally a sweets fan. Or an eating fan. If given anything I wanted I'd probably consume three times my daily recommended calorie intake in sweet tea and soda alone. Chocolate milk is pretty good, though sometimes it tastes kinda...weird? Iron-y? Iunno.

White chocolate I can't stomach, milk chocolate I don't like to eat a lot of. Dark chocolate though? That I like. Not too sweet, it is, which is nice. Of course, chocolate makes me thirsty, so often I accompany my chocolate with milk. One might call it...chocolate milk!

I've never had a Dove bar, but I have had those little square 'moments' chocolates, with the cliche stuff in the wrapper. Those are nice, grab a handful, sit down, throw on some retsupurae, good times.

Three musketeers is nice, I like the nugget quite a bit.

Ghirardelli! They make the little filled chocolate squares, they're delicious! Mint, raspberry, and they have some non-filled ones which are still flavored, like peppermint, I think, such goodness.

A German teacher of mine introduced me to marzipan, which...I've come to like. It's not my favorite but it's a lovely little treat. Ritter Sport marzipan is pretty easy to find around where I live.

I remember hating Recee's cups as a young one, though they were my brother's favorite, bar none. I've come to appreciate them since then, though I can't quite explain why I used to not like them...

I don't eat a lot of other chocolate varieties, actually. I don't eat them often, at least. Occasionally I'll have a twix, snicker, what have you, but aside from the above and the tried and true plain dark chocolate bars, there's only one I really have an opinion on...

Butterfingers. Are. Delicious.

Not as good as I remember them though, but still!

Out of the typical brands, I like M&Ms, Snickers, Twix, Toblerone, Kinder Bueno and Eggs, Reese's... almost everything as long as it doesn't have raisins. Can't stand them.

Not a fan of Milky Ways, though. I find them a bit TOO sweet.

The best chocolates I've ever eaten however, are a Chilean brand of home-made chocolates called Norweisser. They have an incredibly creamy texture I've never seen in any other chocolate and they're delicious.

dLq8Jei.jpg

There are only two stores, but they do delivery to the whole country. No way to get them if you live outside of Chile, sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

i love stuff with peanuts in like Reeses, Snickers and Marabou Starbar. I once had a Twix with peanut butter in, and it was a bit dissapointing though, since it lacked the texture that usually comes from the caramel. Also, any kinds of chocolate with salty licorice is god. In Denmark, you can get something called a Yankie bar (it's kinda like a Mars bar... I think?) with licorice foam and it's DELICIOUS.

Dark chocolate is my favorite <3

I've eaten so many different brands of dark chocolate bars that I've lost track of them all. My favorites are Lindts 90% Dark bar, that one is soooooo good. Bitter but it's good.

Dove dark chocolate and Hershey's Special Dark bars are also good. And there's Giradelli and Godiva's dark chocolate bars. So many awesome dark chocolate bar flavors~

I'm nuts for Dark Chocolate~

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

An honourable mention is probably the Aero chocolate bar. They're soft and chewy, and they have a sweet chocolate flavour.

Indeed, they deserve another honourable mention.

Personally, apart from what's been mentioned so far, i'm really fond of Milka and Ritter's Sport. Favourites are the white varieties or those with biscuits embedded.

Though this got me thinking, how about we join one of countless candy exchange clubs on the 'net or yet open our own?

Edited by Aramis