Known Information (2nd June)

VincentASM

Less than a month to go until the game releases in Japan!

By the way, if there's any new information, please make a new topic! This topic is mainly here to ask quick questions, comment about known information or just general hype. (That said, definitely don't be afraid to post here!)

Name: Fire Emblem if (in Japan)

Format: Nintendo 3DS

Release date: 25th June 2015 (Japan), 2016 (North America)

Note: You can pre-purchase the digital version now (in Japan).

Links

On Serenes Forest

Nintendo Direct May 2015

(The above is the My Castle trailer translated by shadowofchaos; for the actual Nintendo Direct, click here.)

News entry

My Castle Analysis

Key facts:

• Players have a base called My Castle, which they visit between missions.
  • The buildings inside My Castle can be customised
  • Using StreetPass, you can visit another player's My Castle
  • StreetPass battles take place in your or the other player's castle.
  • Buildings can be damaged in battles, but any damage done is reverted afterwards.
  • The Fire Emblem Amiibos (Marth, Ike, Lucina and Robin) add that character to your castle.
  • Upon defeating the Amiibo character, you can recruit them.

My Castle:

• You can gather exclusive resources by checking certain spots or speaking to characters.
  • Resources are used to forge weapons, create food dishes or craft accessories.
  • Buildings can be upgraded, eg. a higher level armoury has better weapons.
  • There is a hot spring where you can chill with your (half-naked) friends.
  • You can feed Lilith the azure dragon and it will help in StreetPass battles.
  • My Room is the Avatar's personal space, where they can invite friends.
  • Inviting friends leads to a "face-rubbing" mini-game that increases their affection.
  • StreetPass lets you buy weapons or obtain resources exclusive to the other campaign.
  • After winning a StreetPass battle, you can register/recruit any 1 of the 10 units from the opposing team.
  • There is an Einherjar shop where you can buy generics or story characters as "guest units".

Official site:

• Phoenix Mode can only be selected on Normal.
  • Guard Stance passively negates Attack Stance.

Famitsu 28th May

News entry

• Parallel Seals reclass a character within the same class tier, but do not reset Level.
  • Characters have personal skills, which cannot be removed.

Famitsu 21st May

News entry

• Weapon triangle has been revamped

old-triangle-300x171.jpgnew-triangle-300x171.jpg

• Hidden (read: concealed) weapons are 1~2 range weapons that debuff enemies.
  • Maids, Butlers and Ninjas can use hidden weapons.
  • To counter the loss of weapon durability, weapons now have diverse properties.

Famitsu 14th May

News entry

• New Phoenix Mode where fallen allies return on the next turn.
  • Meant for gamers who wouldn't touch Fire Emblem otherwise.
  • Weapons no longer have durability.
  • Pair Up/Dual has been revamped. Now Attack Stance and Guard Stance.
  • Attack Stance: When fighting adjacent to an ally, that ally will provide a follow-up attack.
  • Guard Stance: When two allies combine, the ally at the back will deflect enemy attacks when the gauge is full.

Renka announced as Aqua's singing voice

News entry

Japan gets Fire Emblem if face plates

News entry

4Gamer interviews the Fire Emblem team

News entry

• Nohr has diverse victory conditions (eg. break through enemy lines, defend base, limited turns).
  • Up to Chapter 5, the game is the same for both campaigns.
  • The rest of the game (5/6ths) is completely different.
  • The digital version has two downloads--one to begin the game and a second for the selected campaign.
  • The 3rd campaign is halfway between Hoshido and Nohr in difficulty.

Nintendo Direct April 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94CCxVMltQY

Key facts:

• Avatar is back; now the main focus.
  • Two nations at war: Hoshido (nice guys) and Nohr (power-hungry). You choose which side to fight for.
  • World and characters the same, but choices affect story, battles, outcome.
  • Hoshido path is like previous FEs, where you must repel an invasion by Nohr.
  • Nohr path is more challenging, as you must deal with Nohr's internal conflicts.

Japanese Nintendo Direct:

• The game is split into two versions: Hoshido and Nohr.
  • You can buy the other version as DLC for a discounted price.
  • Major DLC planned: the "Third Path", costs the same as Hoshido/Nohr DLC.
  • Digital version is both versions, but the campaign is locked after Chapter 6 when you choose sides.
  • Limited edition has both versions, the "Third Path" DLC and extras.

Nintendo Direct January 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz2LJ-4DDWU

Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, so much information to take in! I'm especially excited for the new characters, and I thought I was going to try Hoshido first... but there's one character that might just turn my whole perspective upside down.

I can't believe my favorite Awakening character is making a return in Fire Emblem If! Luna looks really cool, and a tad bit TOO similar to Severa XD.

Aside from that, I'm not sure how I feel about the Hoshidan weapon changes, My Castle, Phoenix Mode, and the new pair-up mechanics (regarding guarding and striking). I'll probably eventually settle into the new system, but just thinking about it currently feels a bit odd. I might never try Phoenix mode. Though I do wish that Phoenix could be played on Lunatic, but that might just take away the meaning of a Lunatic difficulty XD.

And the amiibo addition is cool too! Recruiting Marth, Ike, Robin, or Lucina is weird, especially since they don't appear to Einherjar.

And so begins the final stretch. 23 days remain...

It will pass quickly, especially as we have two other famitsu's besides the one that was just leaked and potential info at E3.

The 6+ months of localisation however...

Does anyone know who's handling the localization? Is it still 8-4?

I really hope it's them. I found the quality of the writing in Awakening to be superb. Not the narrative, but the script's diction and sentence structure. It was well done.

Does NOA mention who is taking charge of the translation ahead of time?

What do you think the chances are of the amiibo characters having bigger roles in My Castle aside from just battling? I don't mean just "are they going to be in Fire Emblem-Amie and the hot springs" (though I am curious about that too) but I mean everything a regular character can do like eating at the cafeteria, manning shops, etc? It would be pretty disappointing if they were just there to battle and nothing else.

What do you think the chances are of the amiibo characters having bigger roles in My Castle aside from just battling? I don't mean just "are they going to be in Fire Emblem-Amie and the hot springs" (though I am curious about that too) but I mean everything a regular character can do like eating at the cafeteria, manning shops, etc? It would be pretty disappointing if they were just there to battle and nothing else.

Robin is shown managing a weapon shop so I think they can at least do that.

I`m so hyped for this game, I`m looking forward to see how the story will unfold and how the new characters develop (if they will that is). The wait for locolasation will be long, but I have other games to keep me occiupied in the meantime.

I hope this game sells well, seeing the uproar caused by the "Fire Emblem Amie" as people call it. I still think it will sell well, but I`m worried at the same time.

Not long untill this game is out in Japan, and yet there`s still more info on the way. My biggest concern is that marriage hasn`t been confirmed yet, though I can still hope for it to return.

Edited by Metal Flash

I think the game could sell reasonably well; maybe not as Awakening, but still impressive numbers. I guess it depends on many factors, but Awakening had the advantage of being released at the peak of the 3DS, while FE if is coming out towards its tail end.

As for all the controversies, well any news--bad or good--is good for publicity, so maybe it'll have a beneficial factor?

Either way, I figure once the game comes out, people will start talking about it and enjoying it and then all the haters will start to mellow and hopefully reconsider and eventually accept the game ^^

If anyone knows the answer to this, I'd really appreciate it :)

So let's say I started with Hoshiido and faced a Streetpass team who went with Nohr. If I defeat that Streetpass team, then I can recruit one of their characters. Now let's say I decide to recruit Elise. Can I only recruit one Elise? Does Elsie have supports with Kamuii now? Does this feature make it possible to recruit every character in the game regardless of side? Or is the recruited Elise unable to support and do the other things that" Nohr-start-exclusive" Elise can do?

So let's say I started with Hoshiido and faced a Streetpass team who went with Nohr. If I defeat that Streetpass team, then I can recruit one of their characters. Now let's say I decide to recruit Elise. Can I only recruit one Elise? Does Elsie have supports with Kamuii now? Does this feature make it possible to recruit every character in the game regardless of side? Or is the recruited Elise unable to support and do the other things that" Nohr-start-exclusive" Elise can do?

You can likely recruit Elise, but we have no idea if she will act as a regular unit or like a streetpass unit from Awakening.

Edit: Streetpass not spotpass oops.

Edited by BeartholdtFubar

BTW, I fiddled with the Fire Emblem if front page a little. Hope you all like it : )

I still have a lot of things to add though... My work never ends XD

It's currently unknown, but I'm confident they will have limited interactions, like the Avatar Logbook characters in Awakening.

I need to quadruple check, but I'm sure in FE if's StreetPass battles, you are adding characters to the Avatar Logbook still, so it would reinforce my theory.

Besides, if you could recruit "real" units that easily, it will destroy a lot of the game's story.

The devs probably allowed you to recruit any unit so you can experience the other campaign characters somewhat. Like how you can obtain items or resources from the other campaign via StreetPass ^^

I really hope it's them. I found the quality of the writing in Awakening to be superb. Not the narrative, but the script's diction and sentence structure. It was well done.

Does NOA mention who is taking charge of the translation ahead of time?

I dunno, if it's them I hope they use less modern slang. I don't really like it in medieval fantasy settings. At the risk of sounding like I'm nitpicking, it sometimes felt a little too jarring in Awakening.

VincentASM i like the new FE:if page it looks really good. But why in the attack and guard stance page does it say that dual attacks could not crit in awakening? I just played a skrimish with vaike with a killer axe and i can say with certainty that back units can get crits. Maybe your thinking of Proc skills? But still i am liking the new format.

VincentASM i like the new FE:if page it looks really good. But why in the attack and guard stance page does it say that dual attacks could not crit in awakening? I just played a skrimish with vaike with a killer axe and i can say with certainty that back units can get crits. Maybe your thinking of Proc skills? But still i am liking the new format.

Hmm, is my memory being bad? I'll fix it when I have time. (I'm heading off to sleep now.)

Speaking of weird things, I'm confused why the Vegetable description says it's "gotten from Nohr" when you can clearly see it being gathered in a Hoshidan castle (Rinka is nearby and there are pink blossom trees) o__o

Maybe I'll quintuple check it tomorrow when I'm more awake...

Forgot who asked this and where, but I was checking the rules for the TCG and I noticed they have Hidden Weapons as we a weapon type. Hehe, they thought that far ahead.

Oddly though, there are Dragonstones, but no other stones. However there is a mysterious "Fang" weapon type, which *could* be for the TCG Series 3 Beast Laguz, but I'm wondering if it's actually Nishiki's weapon type?

Perhaps Nishiki doesn't use a stone and shifts like the Laguz? : o

EDIT: Link here

Edited by VincentASM