Known Information (2nd June)

VincentASM

I really, really hope Maid/Butler is a special class. It's nothing major, I know, but Rod Knight promoting into Maid just sounds... stupid.

It seems strange, but it would be in line with Troubadour promoting to War Cleric. instead of obtaining a lolita-style dress, you get a maid/butler costume XD

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone here know if IS has said anything about how much speed it is needed in order to double attack in this game (that it, if you need 4 more SPD points as in until FE12 or if you need 5 more SPD points like in awakening)?

Edited by Nobody

does anyone here know if IS has said anything about how much speed it is needed in order to double attack in this game (that it, if you need 4 more SPD points as in until FE12 or if you need 5 more SPD points like in awakening)?

Hmm, I don't think we've known that yet.

Random observation: You can actually see a mouse on Orochi's talismans:

6ZqGpGE.png

By the same logic, the symbol on Tsukuyomi's talismans (in the image on the official site) would also represent what will be shot out, too bad it's too low-res to see.

Edited by Ryo

We don't know yet, but to nitpick, the first 4 games didn't follow the 4 more speed rule either. 1,2,4 had as long as you had more speed (and the pursuit skill in 4), and 3 had you need 3 more speed.

Sorry i like to nitpick. :)

Hmm, I don't think we've known that yet.

Random observation: You can actually see a mouse on Orochi's talismans:

Oh i see. I hope they do end up going back to 4 points, since that would mean less stats inflation, which is something I've been hoping for.

We don't know yet, but to nitpick, the first 4 games didn't follow the 4 more speed rule either. 1,2,4 had as long as you had more speed (and the pursuit skill in 4), and 3 had you need 3 more speed.

Sorry i like to nitpick. :)

Yeah, I obviously knew that considering I've played 4 a couple of times.

Yes! more information! is there anybody who understands Japanese that can tell if there's anything new?

well, this is what he says about each of the two games (~2:02-2:15):

hoshido story: fight back against the nohr invasion.

nohr story: prevent intrigue/conspiracy (probably rebellion) from within. higher difficulty.

stuff we pretty much already knew, but it's confirmed.

there's a scene of Aqua using a lance to attack at about 3:16.

pair up and dual guard are explained, but that's already in the front page articles.

as we already knew, Kamui isn't the only one with a skill (dragon's vein) that affects the battlefield. other royals have skills and Camilla is shown using some sort of fire move that turns the river to steam (presumably so that your allies can walk across it). you can also see male Kamui using some sort of ice-based skill on an object which freezes a small pond or lake on the map at 6:34.

there are over 60 characters that can be recruited into your army.

[spoiler=male kamui can bathe with ryouma] 7iQQIhx.png

Edited by Dan

Ok, thank you, I'm just getting really excited for If and I didn't want to wait for the official serenes forest update ^_^U

shadowofchaos will probably do an english subtitled version of the video eventually, since he's done all the videos so far. you can subscribe to his youtube channel to make sure you don't miss it https://www.youtube.com/user/shadowofchaos725

He's new. Name unknown.

Has it been explicitly confirmed anywhere that the man-full-of-arrows was in fact King Sumeragi?

He's new. Name unknown.

Has it been explicitly confirmed anywhere that the man-full-of-arrows was in fact King Sumeragi?

Nope.

Yet everything we know makes it likely.

Anyways,... who else dislikes how Nohr has several sociopathic soldiers (Charlotte, Pieri, Zero)? Hope this means Hoshido gets itself a couple of white-kinght crusader types to counterbalance, but highly unlikely.

Anyways,... who else dislikes how Nohr has several sociopathic soldiers (Charlotte, Pieri, Zero)? Hope this means Hoshido gets itself a couple of white-kinght crusader types to counterbalance, but highly unlikely.

We have Oboro

I'm only partly joking, I actually really like Oboro (second only to Takumi). But in all seriousness, I wouldn't be too concerned about Nohr having all the crazy people. I have faith that they'll balance out the more vicious personalities amongst the two campaigns. Hopefully?

Edited by Sunwoo

The way I see it, they're all living in a terrible environment and their method of survival was to become terrible too. Kinda like survival of the fittest. That said, I do hope there are some Nohrian people that aren't batshit. It just doesn't surprise me much that there seems to be more batshit people in the place where everything sucks.

^ yeah fire emblem is no stranger to sociopaths who live in a terrible living environment who fight for a living. Callach for example seemed kinda sociopathic,crazy,ect to me. Niethier is IS a stranger to lack of recourses turning people to banditry, ect. Nohr just seemed to go the route of recruiting/drafting these people to the army instead of fighting/ignoring them, like most countries in fire emblem.

^ yeah fire emblem is no stranger to sociopaths who live in a terrible living environment who fight for a living. Callach for example seemed kinda sociopathic,crazy,ect to me. Niethier is IS a stranger to lack of recourses turning people to banditry, ect. Nohr just seemed to go the route of recruiting/drafting these people to the army instead of fighting/ignoring them, like most countries in fire emblem.

...You're mentioning Caellach when we have Valter in the same game? Caellach was just ambitious, Valter was the nutty one

^ grado was hardly that resource poor unlike jeheneha however, and he was a bit above ambition in my opinion, guy was still creepy/soiciopathic,ect to me not valter levels of course, but probably comparable to what i imagine pre evil lance Valter was like. Depends on your route how much screen-time he gets of course.

Slightly random but, characters on the official site have chara_b1 and chara_w1 in their URL, the double route characters have chara_k1.

Any idea what the k stands for?

The word above the characters (共通) means shared/in common and reads "kyoutsuu", so it might be that. Though why they would use Japanese for that while using presumably "black" and "white" for the others, who knows

Edited by Bovinian

This may or may not have been brought up but apparently, running off of Kirokan's translations, when a unit becomes a promoted class they gain a class skill.

Direct quote:

"When an unpromoted unit class changes to a promoted class, they will be able to gain a "class skill"."

So, it would seem you can earn five skills without re-classing, and simply re-classing into a promoted unit may net you that promotion's class skill.

This may or may not have been brought up but apparently, running off of Kirokan's translations, when a unit becomes a promoted class they gain a class skill.

Direct quote:

"When an unpromoted unit class changes to a promoted class, they will be able to gain a "class skill"."

So, it would seem you can earn five skills without re-classing, and simply re-classing into a promoted unit may net you that promotion's class skill.

Meh, the wording doesn't really imply that it happens as soon as the unit promotes, but rather that it is something they can do once they are promoted. It can also be interpreted as "If a Tier 1 class promotes into a Tier 2 class, they will become able to learn more powerful class skills".

Be careful; without context, you shouldn't read too much into translations.

It's just like English really, where one sentence can mean various things depending on the circumstances.

As mentioned, and although I haven't checked the quote (which issue/page is it from?), it doesn't say exactly "when" the skill(s) is learned.

For all we know, it's probably just saying "in a new class, you can (eventually) learn new skills".