Mag:18

Skill:22

Spd:22 (+2)

Lck:13

Def:14

Res:14

Parents: MU & Cordelia

MU's Asset & Flaw: -Str, +Mag

Veteran's always an excellent skill that will make getting all other skills easier, so you might want to consider reclassing into tactician. After that, not entirely sure. I'd normally go and try to pick up luna before GK's horrible caps start mattering, but you're magical instead of physical, so I don't know...

I'd personally go Tactician first to pick up Veteran, then second seal at 10 to another unpromoted class. Dark Mage is an all-around good choice. Mage is fine too if you really want Morgan to be a Sage. Myrmidon and Mercenary are good for their skills, but trap you into physical classes for a while so you might or might not want that.

I'd go:

Pegasus Knight Lv10 --> Tactician Lv20 --> Great Knight Lv5 --> Mercenary Lv10 --> Hero Lv5 --> Mage Lv20 --> Sage

For an ending set of a Sage Morgan with Luna, Sol, Armsthrift, Galeforce and Limit Breaker. Alternatively, you could replace Limit Breaker with the Sage's Tomefaire if you don't have that DLC.

I'd go:

Pegasus Knight Lv10 --> Tactician Lv20 --> Great Knight Lv5 --> Mercenary Lv10 --> Hero Lv5 --> Mage Lv20 --> Sage

For an ending set of a Sage Morgan with Luna, Sol, Armsthrift, Galeforce and Limit Breaker. Alternatively, you could replace Limit Breaker with the Sage's Tomefaire if you don't have that DLC.

You can't go straight from Tactician to Great Knight.

Also, Ignis is superior to Luna in general on mages, and Luna interferes with Ignis's activation rate.

Giving it more thought, I'd go Tactician 10, Mage 20, Sage 16, and then maybe Valkyrie since that's such an awesome class. This is for in-game, mind. Also, if you start capping stats while in mage, definitely promote early so you don't waste in-game experience.

^ Or if you have DLC, you could skip tactician completely and just get paragon from LB3. It's better than veteran because it doubles EXP gained and you don't have to use pair up to make it work.

^ Or if you have DLC, you could skip tactician completely and just get paragon from LB3. It's better than veteran because it doubles EXP gained and you don't have to use pair up to make it work.

1: Even if he had paragon, Veteran would still be a worthwhile skill because then he'd go from double to triple EXP gain, and 2, needing pairup to make it work is hardly a downside unless you're doing a challenge run, because it's pretty much always preferable to be paired up.

I don't have DLC. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it. Also, what about Severa? Different thread in a couple minutes.

You can't go straight from Tactician to Great Knight.

Also, Ignis is superior to Luna in general on mages, and Luna interferes with Ignis's activation rate.

Giving it more thought, I'd go Tactician 10, Mage 20, Sage 16, and then maybe Valkyrie since that's such an awesome class. This is for in-game, mind. Also, if you start capping stats while in mage, definitely promote early so you don't waste in-game experience.

Also, Morgan is now level 16 in Peg Knight. Do you need an update on stats?

Just reclassed to Tactician.

Stats:

Level:1

Str:19

Mag:20

Skill:24

Spd:24 (+2)

Lck:16

Def:18

Skills: Speed +2, Relief, Ignis, Galeforce, Veteran

Weapon Rank(s): Swords and Tomes E

MODEDIT: yo don't, uh, wow, triple post

Edited by Integrity

Just reclassed to Tactician.

Stats:

Level:1

Str:19

Mag:20

Spd:24 (+2)

Lck:16

Def:18

Skills: Speed +2, Relief, Ignis, Galeforce, Veteran

Weapon Rank(s): Swords and Tomes E

Just so you know, you're not supposed to triple (Or even double) post.

Honestly I'd think about what skills you want to get and what kind of growths you want to have as you go through your class tree, especially considering your +Mag-Str asset-flaw.

I don't have DLC. Thanks for the advice, I'll try it. Also, what about Severa? Different thread in a couple minutes.

Also, Morgan is now level 16 in Peg Knight. Do you need an update on stats?

Severa probably wants to do the same (pick up growth skills, then head to a good all-round class to get stats, then head to a good final class). Your individual stats really won't make a difference in what you should go to- maybe if you get extremely screwed, but then you'd probably just drop the unit instead of switching them to a different class. What you're fighting, what you have and what you've already been through are the important factors in choosing your path.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Severa naturally has a low magic growth rate, even with a magic asset Avatar (although the Avatar makes it not as bad as it otherwise would be).

While she will ultimately become more proficient in magical attacks (with a +4 magic modifier and a -1 strength modifier when at caps), caps don't really matter until you've done a lot of grinding.

In the main-game Severa will still tend to be better at her physicals (while her magic is still growing) thanks to her own personal rates and those of her mother.

I would recommend switching a +Mag Severa to a hybrid class so that she can continue using her physical attacking stats while still having the opportunity to start working on building her tome rank, as tomes are what she'll likely be using as her weapons once she's maxed out in the postgame.

Since Severa starts with a C-rank in swords, I'd try to make use of it as much as possible so that she isn't caught being reliant on an E-rank weapon (particularly so she doesn't just have E-rank tomes in a magic class when her growths aren't great).

So I'd suggest second sealing Severa over to Tactician (assuming you currently have her as a Mercenary, which she starts as) so that she can still use her C-rank swords while starting to build up her tome rank, as well as picking up Veteran (and promoting to Grandmaster will let her grab Ignis as well).

So I'd suggest second sealing Severa over to Tactician (assuming you currently have her as a Mercenary, which she starts as) so that she can still use her C-rank swords while starting to build up her tome rank, as well as picking up Veteran (and promoting to Grandmaster will let her grab Ignis as well).

But she already has Ignis.

Stats:

Lv:10

Str:20

Mag:14

Spd:22

Lck:14

Def:17

Res:9

Skills: Armsthrift, Patience, Ignis, Galeforce

Edited by SparxHD

Your individual stats really won't make a difference in what you should go to- maybe if you get extremely screwed, but then you'd probably just drop the unit instead of switching them to a different class. What you're fighting, what you have and what you've already been through are the important factors in choosing your path.

I still like Tactician -> Cav -> Paladin for both of them. Veteran and Discipline are great for getting over your hump and Paladin is a strong first promoted class with the Mov to make good use of Galeforce and no dump stats. Cav also lets you keep your Swd rank while still working on another weapon type.

Fair enough, and even if she's +MAG/-STR type, Severa will tend to be predominantly physical before grinding.

Although with a +MAG type you'd want to eventually shift her into a magical role for postgame/DLC, assuming you wanted to play to her strengths.