This week's (4th June) Famitsu scans are up

Thanks for the quick coverage once again:)

I'm assuming it's not 3x total damage since that would be stupid, and I don't really like this change. It makes effective weapons considerably worse as the target gets more resilient, while they'll decimate weaker units. That's already what crits did, I liked how effective weapons were different.

Also, I'm wondering about that water effect on Kamui's dragon form... maybe that's just its damaged animation though, since the transformation kind of has that too.

I quite like it myself. In the same way they're making throwing weapons back-up weapons for melee attackers against ranged attackers, I figure this change makes slayer weapons a back-up for sword users versus armored and wyvern-riding units. It shouldn't put you on even ground, but it should make units not completely helpless in their bad match-ups. Edit: As for good match-ups, well, your target was pretty much dead already if they'd take a lot of damage from a normal weapon. :p

If not for this change, I'd just give Kazahana a now-infinite armorslayer and let her solo the Hoshido campaign. lol

Edited by Technoweirdo

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks Kirokan.

No problem!

You deserve some kind of internet prize for all your hard work, my friend. Sadly, I can only offer you my sincere gratitude.

xD Your gratitude is enough : )

But if you feel like that isn't enough then you can always donate!

Oh my gosh, this is something that people actually do? That is an amazing job.

I've been doing this for the last three or four volumes, and did it before for Smash Bros. I just feel like people like reading it on the page more rather than text next to an unreadable image. : )

It takes longer to do though so all the surprises are gone (due to being long translated by then), but hey if you get something out of it that's more than enough for me. xD

Edited by Kirokan

On the 'Character Introductions' page for the Nohr allies, you can see four green higlighted tiles behind Belka and Luna. It looks like that could be an area where allies are supposed to escape? Those Nohr maps look really cool.

Oh. Thanks for the nice translations, Kirokan.

Edited by Leif

On the 'Character Introductions' page for the Nohr allies, you can see four green higlighted tiles behind Belka and Luna. It looks like that could be an area where allies are supposed to escape? Those Nohr maps look really cool.

You might also be defending those tiles? Maybe?

Many thanks Kirokan, as usual. Having it all on the page like that makes it so much easier to understand what's happening.

So, in the part where they talk about unit weaknesses, it looks like there's a thief/archer attacking Kamui with a dragon killing bow. Wonder if the two bonuses will stack and it'll end up doing utterly stupid amounts of damage to wyvern riders.

Belka's quote has me worried that Camilla is just going to be crazy. I'd hoped she'd be a decent person, but it's looking more and more unlikely as time goes on. Luna certainly seems fond of her though.

I quite like it myself. In the same way they're making throwing weapons back-up weapons for melee attackers against ranged attackers, I figure this change makes slayer weapons a back-up for sword users versus armored and wyvern-riding units. It shouldn't put you on even ground, but it should make units not completely helpless in their bad match-ups. Edit: As for good match-ups, well, your target was pretty much dead already if they'd take a lot of damage from a normal weapon. :p

If not for this change, I'd just give Kazahana a now-infinite armorslayer and let her solo the Hoshido campaign. lol

I just think the previous system accomplished all of that just fine. I don't like that "all or nothing" balancing, because it's only good in specific situations. At least it makes defensive stats much more valuable for units with weaknesses, I guess.

So, in the part where they talk about unit weaknesses, it looks like there's a thief/archer attacking Kamui with a dragon killing bow. Wonder if the two bonuses will stack and it'll end up doing utterly stupid amounts of damage to wyvern riders.

I don't... think the archer was the one who attacked? They're way too close to each other for a ranged fight. Maybe there's someone hidden by the wings.

Edit: The positioning of the archer also makes it look like a supporting unit to me...

Edited by Cysx

I don't... think the archer was the one who attacked? They're way too close to each other for a ranged fight. Maybe there's someone hidden by the wings.

Edit: The positioning of the archer also makes it look like a supporting unit to me...

Possible. I zoomed right in and can't see anything that looks like another unit, but it's possible they're completely hidden by Kamui.

Oh. Thanks for the nice translations, Kirokan.

Many thanks Kirokan, as usual. Having it all on the page like that makes it so much easier to understand what's happening.

Belka's quote has me worried that Camilla is just going to be crazy. I'd hoped she'd be a decent person, but it's looking more and more unlikely as time goes on. Luna certainly seems fond of her though.

Thanks! I'm really glad you agree with the page making it easier to understand.

Thanks as always Kirokan, though you misspelled Nishiki's name in his profile.

Ah... almost got away mistake free! Thanks for pointing it out, it's been fixed. : )

Thanks! I'm really glad you agree with the page making it easier to understand.

Ah... almost got away mistake free! Thanks for pointing it out, it's been fixed. : )

One more typo

Nishiki's profile

"Following in his father's footsteps he ats as his clan's leader, and keeps his people in order."

:B

• It may be possible to rename your castle... The example one is "Kamui's Castle".

To me this sounds like the name you choose for your Avatar is going to be the name for the castle, but I could be wrong.

Kirokan, thanks for the translation! Super quick and super informative! You have my gratitude for such a nice translation

Whoa, thanks a ton Kirokan!

The part about the 3x damage has me curious. It's phrased in such a way that it sounds like literally 3 times the damage, not 3 times the weapon might, but it's not totally clear. If it's 3 times the damage that's absurdly powerful. Reminds me of the stupid *&^% crossbows from Radiant Dawn. Oh, how I hated those.

One more typo

Nishiki's profile

"Following in his father's footsteps he ats as his clan's leader, and keeps his people in order."

:B

xD Okay, two mistakes...fixed! Thanks!

"Fighting together is important. Let's fight together in the next fight!"

Thanks Cyrus. Truly inspiring dialogue.

Nothing I could do could make that more inspiring. It really was that bland. xD

To be fair, it sounds like most anime.

Awesome! If it came across that way. xD

To me this sounds like the name you choose for your Avatar is going to be the name for the castle, but I could be wrong.

Kirokan, thanks for the translation! Super quick and super informative! You have my gratitude for such a nice translation

Thank you! I worked hard to get it here ASAP, hence the few typos here and there... xD

The part about the 3x damage has me curious. It's phrased in such a way that it sounds like literally 3 times the damage, not 3 times the weapon might, but it's not totally clear. If it's 3 times the damage that's absurdly powerful. Reminds me of the stupid *&^% crossbows from Radiant Dawn. Oh, how I hated those.

Indeed, it was phrased as simply "3 times the damage," vague as to whether from the weapon itself or overall. : )

Edited by Kirokan

xD Okay, two mistakes...fixed! Thanks!

Awesome! If it came across that way. xD

Thank you! I worked hard to get it here ASAP, hence the few typos here and there... xD

Indeed, it was phrased as simply "3 times the damage," vague as to whether from the weapon itself or overall. : )

You did it quite fast, so one or two mistakes isn't so bad.

Thanks again.

We had a picture of Tsubaki getting shot by an archer in one of the preceding Famitsus...

I'd like to see it again, because I deduced it would Might *3 again by seeing it back then.

True but it wouldn't hurt to change up your word usage a bit.

"Cooperation is important in a fight. Let's work together in the next battle."

But I understand if you were prioritizing speed over creativity. Just a little constructive criticism.

We had a picture of Tsubaki getting shot by an archer in one of the preceding Famitsus...

I'd like to see it again, because I deduced it would Might *3 again by seeing it back then.

Actually, thanks for motivating me to taking a look at it, because the damage is 26, which is not a multiple of 3. Unless I suck at math that hard

Here it is(priorities, priorities):

fBnzLKS.jpg

Edit:

"I can eat rice everyday without getting tired of it."

Calm down there, fatty.

Say what you will about her, but her expression in Kazahana's bio is stupid cute.

Edited by Cysx

True but it wouldn't hurt to change up your word usage a bit.

"Cooperation is important in a fight. Let's work together in the next battle."

But I understand if you were prioritizing speed over creativity. Just a little constructive criticism.

Understood, will keep that in mind for next time! Can edit it in on this one too if it bothers you. : )

Not in Japan, they don't have this problem

But for me, it is BIG problem because nobody have 3DS in my city. NOBODY.

On Topic - wow, nice to see that menu will depend on character :D

I've found that the airport is a very effective way of getting streetpasses

Translation work is done for the two new cards from the famitsu scans:

Altean Archer, Gordin

Gordin%20Archer%20B01-014N.png

Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #014

Cost: 1

Affinities: Shadow Dragon / Male / Bow

Quote: “If this is the last…then I cannot miss!”

Skill 1: “Steel Bow” / α / [Once per turn] / [Flip 1 Bond] Until the end of this turn, this unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Skill 2: “Clearing the Skies” / ∞ / When this unit attacks a Flying affinity unit, this unit’s attack is increased by 30.

Support Skill: “Fighter’s Emblem” / ♥ / Until the end of the attack phase, your attacking unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Attack Power: 30

Support Attack Power: 20

Range: 2

Unpromoted

Class: Archer

Title: Altean Archer

Card ID: B01-014N

Illustrator: Kokon Konfuzi

Ascetic Saint, Lena

Lena%20Cleric%20B01-026N.png

Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #026

Cost: 1

Affinities: Shadow Dragon / Female / Staff

Quote: “Julian, you go on ahead…Save yourself!”

Skill 1: “Heal” / α / [Tap this Card, Flip 2 Bonds] Choose a card from your discard pile except "Lena" and add it to your hand.

Skill 2: “Stolen Heart” / ∞ / Any allied “Julian” unit’s attack is increased by 10.

Support Skill: "Healer's Emblem" / / Until the end of the attack phase the attacking unit can't perform Critical Hits.

Attack Power: 20

Range: --

Unpromoted

Class: Cleric

Title: Ascetic Saint

Card ID: B01-026N

Illustrator: Fumi

In case you missed it, here is the info the other two cards from the scan that have been shown earlier:

Protector of Ylisse, Chrom

Chrom%20Great%20Lord%20S02-001ST.jpg

Rarity: Starter Deck / Series 1 Starter Deck 2 Card #001

Cost: 4 / Promotion Cost: 3

Affinities: Falchion / Male / Sword

Quote: “Everyone…thank you. I…will fight!”

Skill 1: “Shepherds” / & / [Once per Turn] After an ally unit class changes, until the end of this turn that unit’s attack is increased by 20 and the orbs that it destroys as a result of combat is now 2.

Skill 2: “(Sealed) Falchion” / ∞ / When this unit attacks a Dragon affinity unit this unit’s attack is increased by 20.

Support Skill: N/A

Attack Power: 70

Range: 1

Promoted

Class: Great Lord

Title: Protector of Ylisse

Name: Chrom

Card ID: S02-001ST

Illustrator: Yusuke Kozaki

Bewitching Shaman from Plegia, Tharja

Tharja%20Dark%20Mage%20B01-081N.png

Rarity: Common / Series 1 Booster Card #081

Cost: 2 / Promotion Cost: N/A

Affinities: Shepards / Female / Tome

Quote: “I’ve always been quite good at choosing who to hate on my own…”

Skill 1: “Flux” / α / [Tap this card, Flip 2 Bonds] Your opponent must choose one card from their hand and discard it.

Skill 2: N/A

Support Skill: N/A

Attack Power: 40

Range: 1-2

Unpromoted

Class: Dark Mage

Title: Bewitching Shaman from Plegia

Name: Tharja

Card ID: B01-081N

Illustrator: Terumii

Edited by aubergine