SF Open Source Gallery: Frame all the mugs!

ghast

Welcome to the SF Open Source Gallery!
The purpose of this event is to build a very healthy amount of open source assets to project makers and the like, since there is so few available at the moment. All art assets directly go open to the public.
This is completely non-competitive, there are no polls, votes or anything of the like. Just friendship!
How it works
1. Pretty simple, you PM me your work. And at the end of the month, all works are showcased in a separate thread (or this one, or Spriter's Resource thread) and will immediately become open source upon reveal.
2. Said reveal happens near the end of each month. Giving a spriter around 3 or more weeks to send in something.
Guidelines
1. The fourth Open Source Gallery (OSG) event starts now.
2. Submissions are to be PM'd to me through Serenes Forest. There is also an infinite number of submissions you can give, the more the merrier!
3. You can submit any type of art asset, that includes portraits, map sprites, maps, battle sprites, etc.
4. You must provide whether you want to remain anonymous when the time comes to present the gallery at the end of the month.
5. If you in fact provide your name, you must include whether you want to have the potential user of your work to give credit to you or not.
Theme and important dates
1. The Fourth theme of the OSG is The Radiant Collection! Click here for Nickt's most updated portrait list. You are encouraged to use only these portraits to splice with. For mappers, you can make PoR and/or Radiant Dawn inspired maps.
2. The start date of submission begins now!
3. The end date of submission is December 1st.
Good luck! And hopefully we get a lot of participants!!! Remember, you can submit as much art as you want!
-----------------
Theme 1: Knights, Bandits and Villagers:
Total Count: 13 maps. 1 class card, 24 portraits

Maps

Aura Wolf.

Give credit

Map 1

RSZ9HBB.png

Map 2

n584dKy.png

Map 3

Bmf4uvA.png

Map 4

kcfni8O.png

Map 5

8KLVC4J.png

Map 6

GY1vQkV.png

Map 7

9vgeqGO.png

Map 8

i9UCkfG.png

Map 9

ojVWr2x.png

Map 10

wtdzOEx.png

Map 11

wILZmvX.png

Map 12

640jN2C.png

Map 13

WXbESy1.png

Link

Class Cards

Ghaststation:

Give credit

Villager Class Card Fu6g71m.png

Mugs

Toa

No credit necessary

HrJjcSX.pngTjAwzw2.pngbvO62yJ.pngQZkPNAc.pngFFPRuW0.pngh1uX8tV.pngRvpxZH2.png

Shinypichu

Unspecified, so give credit just in case

t6T9Qvv.pngM6kijNC.png

LetsGoForIt

No credit necessary

N25NCtz.pngwZr6tXC.png

Sqawl

rgZXqhW.pngJQLgW5O.png0uPJS3D.png

Matt Custov

XV5Qguk.pngobkvi9m.pngENd6fUN.png

Ghaststation

Give credit

NJZGmLM.pngQzHMOoi.pngCvUyjs5.pnglJ1MVvc.pngiJG9x.png

Merc & Char, respectively

Give credit I guess!

DesMFeI.pngjwDUAg9.png

Theme 2: Nobles and Evil Doers: 15 maps, 30 portraits

Theme 2: Lords and Evil Doers

Total Count: 16 maps, 33 portraits

Aura Wolf:

Give Credit

Download

tLLLLKs.png

Kh28jWv.png

7ugxjbs.png

bvY0MYH.png

cAPdJOm.png

4kqtkKH.png

G9T7jeO.png

6lMCvph.png

ksi2SZT.png

6W05aL7.png

5I0goWd.png

Midnight Star:

Unspecified, give credit just in case

unspecified, give credit just in case

Link:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ros99h2fk6muhbu/bluedruidmaps.zip?dl=1

forest%20temple%20concept%20mapscrn_zpsn

huge%20castlescrn_zpsee7kpweu.png

Primefusion

Give credit

ehpxr92.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/06wbfghbf6vdyqy/Open%20Source%201.FMP?dl=0

Portraits

Chigai

unspecified, give credit just in case

RATlVu8.png

Spacecat
No credit necessary
nY0mfx3.pngGwWidNR.png
Awesomesauce
No credit necessary
l8xUJJb.png
Toa
No credit necessary
H3uQMbl.pngIGDEZg1.pngfAnDV8g.png
Mechanical Bull
A502kFF.png
CobyTheKid
T0SdJch.pngff53FcJ.pngDkrLEfS.pngWFZXwmj.png47xYlf5.png
Anonymous
6bbKikn.png
Yoshi:
No credit necessary
1TNwjTF.png
Ghast
Give credit if used.
ofACe0D.png
Matt Snow
Give credit if used
rpfYdLH.pngnjdpjwm.pngHKP5l12.png

Theme 3: Mages and Mercs

Edited by Ghastly

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a good idea, who doesn't love free stuff and friendship?! Hopefully enough people would be motivated to participate. I certainly would participate!

Man what is up with your fonts today xD

Idea: add a competition aspect to it, but let people vote for as many options as they want and plug the top [number] winners on the next modder's digest video. If you kept any competition extremely casual, I don't think it would blow up.

Who is this vulgar friend of yours you need to stop hanging out with bad influences

incoming cyberpunk anime bandits and female anime LED bikini knights with big swords

Hyperdimension Emblemia confirmed?

I think it's a good idea, who doesn't love free stuff and friendship?! Hopefully enough people would be motivated to participate. I certainly would participate!

Man what is up with your fonts today xD

Comic Sans is based

incoming cyberpunk anime bandits and female anime LED bikini knights with big swords

kikikik

Idea: add a competition aspect to it, but let people vote for as many options as they want and plug the top [number] winners on the next modder's digest video. If you kept any competition extremely casual, I don't think it would blow up.

Who is this vulgar friend of yours you need to stop hanging out with bad influences

Hyperdimension Emblemia confirmed?

Eeeh, i don't think I'd like it to be competitive at all. Just real casual. Also overwhelming entry numbers and SF's poll system hate each other soo

Sounds fun! I'd def try to make something. (is it going on now? knights and bandits 4srs?).

A few thoughts about it:

- If you have deadlines, how about PMing the entries to you and having a big reveal of everything at the end? (Or are you looking for something more instantaneous and independent of the head librarian?)

- Personally I think it'd be nice to leave it at just the theme, and leave it open to what resource(s) people want to make for it (mug, battle icon, battle sprite, map, HUD, etc.).

- Is proper attribution still going to be a thing? I'm not sure whether you'd want a nametag/watermark on each image, or on the filename, or allow anons, or how you'll end up organizing it.

- Would prefer a month rotation, with the next month starting up right after the last. So when January ends, put up February right away even if you haven't had time to collect January's results for presentation. Plus workload makes a month feel much more relaxed right now.

Feeding an event is more just getting the right theme and peer-pressure in than the prize drive, imo. Keeping it casual and offering the 'make resources for everyone!' feel is better.

We can start soon, yeah. At the beginning of every month sounds good to me. So I'll just edit the threads OP with guidelines.

I think PM'ing me would be more gallery-esque. So I think that's a better thing to do. That's what the collab thing's did too, eh? (the one where we made that sword-demon hand thing)

It'd be good if we you just left a name to go along with the submission too. And yeah, it can be any sprite you want, portrait, anim, etc.

but yeah I'll edit the OP and all that after i do some school work ! good suggs lenh

Since the goal is to make stuff is open source, it's probably not a bad idea to leave a loose instruction to put character mugs at regular-ish angles so they can be easily spliced and to post basic things like unarmed/armed versions of battle sprites, etc. Just a thought, anyway.

Sounds really fun! Is there like a cut-off if the sprites are not-so-great?

nope, if the user doesn't use it, then he just doesn't use it. :o

Seems interesting! I might end up sending a few things your way to get them out in the open, who knows. "Bandit, Knight, and Villager" maps though... hmm. I see a lot of prologue-and-chapter-1 maps in the future.

maps are welcome!

Woohoo! Thank you everyone who entered the open source gallery. Here is what the spriting community did up for this month's theme of knights, bandits and villagers!

Maps

Aura Wolf.

Give credit

Map 1

RSZ9HBB.png

Map 2

n584dKy.png

Map 3

Bmf4uvA.png

Map 4

kcfni8O.png

Map 5

8KLVC4J.png

Map 6

GY1vQkV.png

Map 7

9vgeqGO.png

Map 8

i9UCkfG.png

Map 9

ojVWr2x.png

Map 10

wtdzOEx.png

Map 11

wILZmvX.png

Map 12

640jN2C.png

Map 13

WXbESy1.png

Link

Class Cards

Ghaststation:

Give credit

Villager Class Card Fu6g71m.png

Mugs

Toa

No credit necessary

HrJjcSX.pngTjAwzw2.pngbvO62yJ.pngQZkPNAc.pngFFPRuW0.pngh1uX8tV.pngRvpxZH2.png

Shinypichu

t6T9Qvv.pngM6kijNC.png

LetsGoForIt

No credit necessary

N25NCtz.pngwZr6tXC.png

Sqawl

rgZXqhW.pngJQLgW5O.png0uPJS3D.png

Matt Custov

XV5Qguk.pngobkvi9m.pngENd6fUN.png

Ghaststation

Give credit

NJZGmLM.pngQzHMOoi.pngCvUyjs5.pnglJ1MVvc.pngiJG9x.png

Merc & Char, respectively

Give credit I guess!

DesMFeI.pngjwDUAg9.png

Thank you to all who entered! We totaled to

13 maps

1 class card

24 mugs!

That's some pretty solid community contributions. Those who are in need of mugs or other spriting goodies can use these right now if they need!

The next theme will be announced soon.