Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

BRSxIgnition

Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

• Yes, I would like to see - or wouldn't mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"
    • No, I would not like to see - or would mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awakening was a support bananza, and we all know how that went down.

No support conversations will disappoint everyone, and yet it will disappoint no one, because no one was left unbeaten by the stick - and really, that's the only way to be fair.

Awakening supports were often poorly done because they needed to come up with reasons for two characters to talk to each other so they could eventually make a child. It was a matter of quantity over quality and it shows. Giving no one characterization doesn't make it "fair", it makes them flat and uninteresting. Your point of view sounds like someone saying "The best books are just blank pages, because then you can make up your own story."

I'd be fine with it. Shadow Dragon had JUST the right amount of it, IMO - enough where I can draw some inferences, but not so much that it was shoved down my throat. I don't think I could pull off my preferred style writing with Awakening - too much is said about the characters.

I threw half my characters to the wolves because they were so totally devoid of character that they may as well have been nameless generics. Some people didn't even get an introduction. I guess it's not so bad. Had they been better developed, I would have felt bad about killing them all to unlock the gaidens.

Edited by NekoKnight

yeah i never played shadow dragon cause honestly i feel kinda bad about not restarting when certain units die in Radiant dawn, i don't think i could handle the generic characters or killing them.

nearly every character in Fe games i played, i can find something to like about them or at least appreciate, but i can't like or appreciate a character without a character to appreciate.

I feel at this point that this discussion would have been better served with a poll worded more along the lines of:

Would the inclusion of LGBT+ characters/supports in Fire Emblem: if:

• make you more likely to buy the game
  • make you less likely to buy the game
  • not influence your decision to buy the game

or:

What is your position on LGBT+ characters/supports in Fire Emblem: if?:

• I am going to buy the game with or without their inclusion
  • I planned to buy the game, but the inclusion of LGBT+ characters will make me not buy the game
  • I planned to not buy the game, but the inclusion of LGBT+ characters will make me buy the game
  • I am not going to buy the game with or without their inclusion

There has been a large enough amount of people in this thread who will likely buy the game regardless of the decision to include LGBT+ characters and supports who are currently represented in the poll under the Yes category. This is not the same viewpoint as actively supporting the allocation of resources towards creating LGBT+ characters and supports, and it is not the same as supporting the current lack of representation of LGBT+ people and relations.

With that question you would also be more likely to see the power of the consumer. And frankly I don't think anyone with any power within the associated companies cares what anyone wants unless it has the potential to affect sales.

Here is the thing, that poll wouldn't work to change anyones mind on because it was done on this site. Game developers are well aware that the people who follow a game months in advance have very different ideas than the people who will casually buy the game. People who wouldn't buy it normally on this site will be rare and their issues won't be the average consumer issues. That is when the market to casuals happened, when people realized the vast number of people who were talking to them didn't represent the marketing power of the game.

Truth is, the best poll that could change peoples minds would be to show a few thousand who never heard of the game (or at least the sequel) Tell them the basics and then ask the questions above. Either way a poll on a fandom website months before the game is released doesn't really show the marketing power, except of a very limited number of people that will be assumed to buy the game anyway because of how adamantly they follow it.

Here is the thing, that poll wouldn't work to change anyones mind on because it was done on this site. Game developers are well aware that the people who follow a game months in advance have very different ideas than the people who will casually buy the game. People who wouldn't buy it normally on this site will be rare and their issues won't be the average consumer issues. That is when the market to casuals happened, when people realized the vast number of people who were talking to them didn't represent the marketing power of the game.

Truth is, the best poll that could change peoples minds would be to show a few thousand who never heard of the game (or at least the sequel) Tell them the basics and then ask the questions above. Either way a poll on a fandom website months before the game is released doesn't really show the marketing power, except of a very limited number of people that will be assumed to buy the game anyway because of how adamantly they follow it.

Realistically, this thread is not going to change anyone's minds on the topic at hand and has neither the sample size or correct demographics to be able to draw any concrete conclusions from it.

But you know what, I'm trying to get some value out of this thread because I think the financial power of this topic is in itself is an interesting topic of discussion. Also because despite the 19 pages of this thread, civil, meaningful discussion is at a premium.

In conclusion, I'm sorry that I didn't suggest going back in time and taking a larger sample size of a different demographic. It may not be possible at this time but if anyone invents a time machine, I'll get on it.

Realistically, this thread is not going to change anyone's minds on the topic at hand and has neither the sample size or correct demographics to be able to draw any concrete conclusions from it.

But you know what, I'm trying to get some value out of this thread because I think the financial power of this topic is in itself is an interesting topic of discussion. Also because despite the 19 pages of this thread, civil, meaningful discussion is at a premium.

In conclusion, I'm sorry that I didn't suggest going back in time and taking a larger sample size of a different demographic. It may not be possible at this time but if anyone invents a time machine, I'll get on it.

I wasn't insulting it, I just meant that OP wasn't necessarily at fault. I just meant that discussing things for fun or debate can sometimes be the worth in and of itself. I am sorry if I have offended.

I'm completely fine with having homosexual relationships in the game as long as there not shoehorned in

tbh I'm more concerned with the possibility of incest

to be clear, I have no issue with gay and lesbian relationships

honestly not having gay marriage in the game is kind of stupid considering marriage only exists for wish fulfillment in the first place. You'll pander to the weebs by supporting almost every male/female couple imaginable, but throwing in even just a few couples for the gay players (and/or people who just think yaoi/yuri is hot) is out of the question

Still, at the end of the day they're just adding marriage again because it'll sell a few more copies. And for every copy they'll sell by adding gay marriage, there are probably twice as many they'll lose because of bigots who like to boycott stupid things. So, I'm not really too surprised.

I am still hopeful considering after the Tomodachi Life incident(Which I believe was already brought up), Nintendo said they would try to be more open minded and consider there older audience which, relatively speaking, Fire Emblem is more geared towards.

I am still hopeful considering after the Tomodachi Life incident(Which I believe was already brought up), Nintendo said they would try to be more open minded and consider there older audience which, relatively speaking, Fire Emblem is more geared towards.

They said if they are making another Tomodachi game they will be more inclusive, keyword if. Edited by Awakener_

They said if they are making another Tomodachi game they will be more inclusive, keyword if.

I see what you did there

Thanks for clearing that up.

^

^

Not cool dude......

Did you mean to post this after Azz01? It seems like it's supposed to be referencing a different post.

I think I may have said this in a different thread, but somewhere I think it was implied or stated that not all pairings will result in children (or was it saying that not all pairings are possible? Or both?)

If it's the former, that gives me a tiny, tiny ray of hope that some of those pairings that don't allow for children will include same sex pairings. Probably won't happen, but until it's absolutely dashed, I'll have a tiny ray of hope.

They said if they are making another Tomodachi game they will be more inclusive, keyword if.

Heh. Watch as they release a very similar game in the future but it doesn't have "Tomodachi" in the title. That's the loophole they'll exploit. Darn you Nintendo!

i ain't gonna suger coat the situration, as long as children plague the series there will never be gay pairings, i would like it if children didn't exist all together and would gladly take gay pairings over it.

I will take Aqua and female Kamui smokey hot sex over children too! Only the lesbian one though...

If anything, I was expecting this move. Sure, Nintendo promised to include gay pairings but only in the sequel of Tomodatchi Life and the only promise after that was that they would try to be more open with the idea. I really really doubted they would try to include gay pairings before Tomodatchi Life 2 came out. They seem to be the type of people who want to test the playing field before adding something that's still controversial as sad as it may be for others.

And I also agree with Japan and the US having different values. Every company needs to secure their home market before expanding internationally.

Edited by Raguna