Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

BRSxIgnition

Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?  

451 members have voted

1. 1. Do you 'support' LGBT supports in "Fire Emblem: if"?

• Yes, I would like to see - or wouldn't mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"
    • No, I would not like to see - or would mind - LGBT characters in "Fire Emblem: If"

This. . .REALLY depends on how well they pulled off Shara. Tharja had a hell of a backstory, to the point where her actions made sense. If Shara doesn't get that kind of depth, that'll be sad. The "psychotic chick who likes chicks" isn't my favorite trope!From what little I saw, Zero seems to be defined by his psychotic tendencies. Though I would've preferred someone more. . .erm, sane to be the choice, I'm somewhat relieved that the fact that he swings both ways isn't his defining character trait.

well Zero also seems to have the born in the slums and wants to make the better off suffer angle, according to the Character thread, so it seems his sadism has a source (maybe the circumstances of losing his eye has to do with it too the eyepatch just screams support backstory fodder). And he also has the recruiting the known criminal trope going for him as well. But yeah it does seem that his sexuality is not his character which is a good thing imo.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's unnecessary and I won't be using the feature. that being said, I'm not against it.

My only gripe is that it will probably be forced. Hopefully that won't be the case, though. Fingers crossed.

Considering how many people were and are obsessed with their "Waifus" and their Tactician and the sheer extend of it all, there is unfortunately no way that it could possibly be unnecessary. People love that stuff. This is a reality that I just can't deny.

And as much as I loathe the current direction of the franchise, if it brings more people enjoyment then that's still a good thing.

Edited by BrightBow

Pandering would be if Zero was the most annoying stereotypical gay guy ever. From what I can tell, he's not (he's voiced by DIO, of all guys).Still nervous about the quality of writing, since Shara is an unknown in my mind. If she turns out to be Heather 2.0 in terms of her attitudes regarding men, I will be extremely disappointed.

I think that one of the reasons or the main reason why Zero a bisexual character, isn't Dio a bisexual himself or more in the sense he doesn't care about gender, now the whole Shara thing that pandering to the Awakening cword, which I am a part of since Awakening my favorite Fire emblem game 2nd Blazing Sword. I hope IS doesn't pander to Awakening to much... Well not as much pandering as square does to Final Fantasy 7.

Also, too many people have been bitching about how FE:FAtes is "pandering to animefags and pedophiles", but you won't hear anyone say that the game is pandering to the queer community.

But that's none of my business.

Probably because being a pedophile is against the law and immoral while the queer community is oppressed and has to live without the many privileges that straight people have,