Will Aqua's song be the same as "Id"?

AniMoons

I mean like on the website you hear a song that's most likely the "avatar creation" music and after awhile a melody plays that sounds exactly the same as the beginning of her song in the "Choose Your Path" trailer and since "Id" was a recurring song in Awakening that had different versions, will this one be as well?

"Id" was material for the self-insert Avatar unit in Awakening, and was generally subservient to the primary Ylisse identities (see "Omen," Awakening's main theme for a statement of that identity that has been around since the trailers). Seeing as the composers for Awakening are returning for this game, I expect Aqua's material will serve as the equivalent to the Ylisse identity whereas Kamui will receive a more minor accompanying theme.

So expect 35 tracks that all reiterate Aqua's theme and little-to-no material for any sort of antagonist in the game.

Edited by Duels at Dawn

So expect 35 tracks that all reiterate Aqua's theme and little-to-no material for any sort of antagonist in the game.

"this time, the character you create will be the main character"

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

i still don't get why its aqua and not kamui

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

She is the one singing it.

It could easily be the other way around, but we have no way of telling at this point. Nonetheless, expect it to dominate the entire soundtrack the way Awakening's themes did.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

Well I expect her to work like Nils and Ninian in Blazing Sword or maybe even as uber as Reyson in Path of Radiance.

I wouldn't say Nils or Ninian lessen Elliwood/Lyn/Hector as the main protagonists in any way.

Edited by Lee

I really dislike when a main theme gets overused like that...

Using any theme in another song should be reserved only for very important moments. Final battles, major turning points, or even the darkest depths of the plot's despair. It should be used in a way that reinforces the meaning of the song.

Doing so in this way really shows the importance of the event, it makes the theme significant and identifies with the player. It connotates meanings between events and the music choice.

A prime example of this is the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers set, where the very first time you hear its reoccurring theme is actually as a somber musicbox-esque melody after the major plot twist in the game, where your partner tells you how they'll always stay by your side and all that, and plays for other similar scenes.

Later the melody shows up again in the song played when you're leaving for the final dungeon, and then that same song plays when the game pulls its second turn on you and it gains a sort of... Bittersweet atmosphere.

Then, finally, after all that, after all the game has thrown at you, in the final battle the melody once again returns in the iconic Primal Dialga battle theme.

The way the melody is reinforced through the story keeps building up the atmosphere and sets that tone for the last battle: A bittersweet final stand, where even victory doesn't mean a happy ending. But it's what you've pushed for the entire time, what all you've been through has been for. You can't lose after what everyone's sacrificed for this moment.

THAT'S how a melody should be reused.

A theoretical example of a different sort would be, say if the Recruitment theme melody was used in a FE game's final battle/map? theme. The impression completely different: A final battle where your comrades stand by your side and give you strength; where everyone you've brought together stands united against a single foe.

Or if the title theme melody were reused in the despair theme, it'd tell the player "This isn't a happy story. This is one of despair and tragedy." Since the title theme is the first song you usually hear from the game. For it to be associated with a song playing when hope feels lost and dreams feel crushed, it just delivers that message with a ton more impact.

I really hate when media reuse melodies willy-nilly and just kill the purpose they were meant to serve in the first place...

So I'm hoping IS' composers don't abuse their new melody, but unfortunately I don't have much faith in them...

Edited by Ritisa

I mean like on the website you hear a song that's most likely the "avatar creation" music and after awhile a melody plays that sounds exactly the same as the beginning of her song in the "Choose Your Path" trailer and since "Id" was a recurring song in Awakening that had different versions, will this one be as well?

Other than that really small part, which keeps repeating over and over again unlike the song, the rest also sound nothing alike. I don't think the two tracks are connected. They could even be remixes in name, but the track on the main site just sounds like something entirely different (like Id ~ Darkness comparing to the rest of the remixes).

Other than that really small part, which keeps repeating over and over again unlike the song, the rest also sound nothing alike. I don't think the two tracks are connected. They could even be remixes in name, but the track on the main site just sounds like something entirely different (like Id ~ Darkness comparing to the rest of the remixes).

I meant that the beginning of aqua's song plays for like 2 seconds around the middle-ish before looping regularly again. it IS a different song, just with that little theme in it for a short time.