Arena in My Castle for Nohr?

Lee

As we know My Castle has its spot on the Nohr side, too. This got me a little worried, because Nohr is supposed to be harder and is said to have limited amount of exp.

However the My Castle features different types of building as well as an arena like pic related:

http://postimg.org/image/7fplh9blz/

You have to pay with resources to start a duell, but you also win double the amount. You get where I'm going with this.

Could lead to:

- infinite resources

- blood for the rngod

- broken reset buttons

As the image suggests you can spend different resources for different opponents. This + the fact that you can boost your stats temporally with food, gives a hugh advantage over the arena meat.

Past arenas worked similarily. The more meat you sliced, the thicker the meat got.

In this case it would be rather impractical, because that way only very few very strong units could benefit from the feature.

Thoughts?

Edited by Lee

I thought it was confirmed the arena didn't give exp on both sides.

Where are you getting infinite exp from? I thought that the arena did not give exp? Also we don't know how often you can use the arena.

Well then I missed that one, but still the problem remains on resources...

Personally I would prefer it to be like on FE4. A set number of opponents, with a set money for a each victory, with a maximum of 7 battles, and, if you die, you go back with 1HP, because there's not much point on resetting under that kind of condition.

Even without EXP, the arenas will very likely have a limited number of uses between chapters (I bet for 7, but I don't even know), to avoid infinite resources and other stuff.

It says "by using items in the arena," so likely you're expending a finite number of items to keep participating.

Nevermind, reread the details. IDK.

That said, I assume infinite resources must be present, if there is any sort of city building present, much like any game with a world map in the series has opened the possibility of infinite xp.

Edited by dragonlordsd

You know, you guys... You have this inherent bias for certain words that lead you to assume certain things.

As we see with the word "Arena" by the OP.

We already know you can have infinite resources.

It's called "finding items in the barracks or Event Tiles" in Awakening.

Is it practical to sell those items (they have crap gold value) you find when they kill your EXP? No.

It takes HOURS to get any return on your investment.

Do people do it anyway? Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DRQlTM2cGg

You, the OP, are taking this too seriously with your bias of "Arena Abuse".

Considering all you can do is gamble your stones and get the same item out of it.

IMHO, if they're willing to put in the hours for those little scraps, they deserve all of the benefits.

...and what can they do with all that gold?

They can't buy stat boosting items to all hell, because Nohr.

All they can probably do is pimp out their castle and gear.

The very fact that streetpass is a feature in the Nohr version already implies an infinite but impractical resource.

This arena is FAR from being as abusable as past FE arenas.

It got beaten hard by a nerfbat.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Considering the My Castle feature revolves around these separate resources rather than gold(although with the exception of those generic enemies we saw in the trailer) and the kind of focus they had on the Nohr side not getting extra EXP or resources. I'd take a guess that My Castle resources can't be sold for gold and you won't actually get anything you can sell for gold from the stones and food considering it's all temporary stat boosts, feeding Lilith, buying cosmetic accessories, upgrading weapons you already own etc.

In otherwords what I think might be the case is there may be an infinite amount of resources which are worth 0 gold but can give you limited boosts. You could spend hours/days farming Meat but you'll still have a 2 point per chapter stat boost limit whether you have 1 piece or 99.

Edited by arvilino

Other than being able to buy weapons that are likely to be as big of a hindrance as they are drains on your income I don't see any way that the My Castle can be "Broken" since again, no EXP or gold in the My Castle Loot.