2nd Play-Through Endgame Team

As the title says, I am doing a second play-through of Radiant Dawn so I can get the canon ending and expanded epilogues. I am currently at chapter 3-4 and have mostly decided on my endgame team. Here is my team:

Tibarn

Caineghis

Stefan - Alondite

Gatrie - Wishblade

Boyd - Urvan

Shinon - Double Bow

Soren - Rexcalibur

Pelleas - Balberith

Rhys - Rexaura

Heron - Rafiel

My choices are mostly based on character preference, as I am playing on Easy (I have no shame since this is literally the same as Japanese normal).

Stefan: My favorite Trueblade and generally ends us better than Edward or Mia since I have to pump them full of BEXP.

Gatrie: My main defensive character, allowing me to more safely bait out enemy units.

Boyd: Mostly preference, but has unreasonable HP & Strength. If Haar ends up having higher base stats, I'll use him.

Shinon: An obvious choice, being the best Marksman in the game.

Soren: Again, an obvious endgame choice, being on the best magical units in the game.

Pelleas: Much like Soren, is an amazing magical unit if given proper training. Dark Magic also hits pretty hard.

Rhys: The only reason I'm using him so I can give Lehran a blessed Rexaura. Once I recruit him, I'll bench him in favor for for Nasir or Gareth.

Rafiel: Best Heron in the game. Despite having competition from Reyson, Turn 1 Vigor is so much more valuable that Canto.

I have one spot left which I am having trouble deciding on. My current options are Nailah, Naesala, Ranulf, Elincia, and Volke.

Also could someone here give me a definitive list of the activation rates for mastery skills? It varies form site to site, but say here on Serenes Forest that all mastery skills have an activation rate of Stat/2 (Stat varies for different Laguz, for Beorc it is always skill). I have activated some of these mastery skills, such as Luna and Rend, far too often for this to be true. Thanks for the help.

You don't need to bring Rhys to the endgame, because Micaiah can reach SS and use rexaura as well.

I'd recommend to bring Elincia instead of him, because Amiti is a silver brave sword and she's a mobile healer.

The other units and weapons sound good so far.

However I'd recommend to bless vague katti instead of alondite, because vague katti has higher might and hit. Alondite has unlimited uses anyway.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

If I do that though, then Micaiah can't attack during Rebirth-5, as every opponent has mantle. I might add Elincia though.

Alondite has the benfit of 1-2 range and +5 Defense boost, which I prefer over Vague Katti's higher might and hit as well as +3 Defense boost. Mind you, most endgame units are magical anyway, negating the defense bouns. However most enemies has a 1-2 hit range as well. I'll bring both to the endgame anyway, assuming I don't sell Vague Katti for 20,000G.

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Ekans647

There's no need to attack the auras with Micky. She's definitely a better healer anyway. Just bring her stave level to S to use fortify in turn one.

Give nihil and parity to the units, who can do the most damage to the auras (Cain, Tibarn, Elincia, Stefan).

Your team should be good enough to kill all the auras and Ashera in turn two already.

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

But...Micaiah can bless Rexaura. You don't want either Rhys or she to be attacking anyways because they won't double squat. You don't want Gatrie either (his caps betray him in endgame), take Marcia/Nephenee if you trained one of them, otherwise just use Tanith.

The other Trueblades sans Lucia usually turn out better than Stefan (Mia actually doesn't need BEXP, and Eddie caps everything but Mag and Res on average. Zihark isn't too bad either.) If you insist on using him for character preference though he'll serve you well. Seconding blessed vague Katti over Alondite.

Why do you want to sell the vague katti? It's still the most powerful sword in the game.

I'd recommend to bring another trueblade to the endgame to make use of two blessed SS swords.

You could bring Naesala to the endgame, because he's flyable and can transform at once for being a Laguz Royal.

That sounds like a good idea. Should I use Edward or Mia?

If I'm using a third Laguz Royal, It'll most likely be Nailah. Should I replace Rhys with Elincia or Nailah?

momogeek2141 Gatrie has never let me down. He was my best unit on my first play-through.

Edited by Ekans647

I'm not saying he's bad, it's just that he's hindered in endgame because of his caps, and a seraph knight or sentinel will perform much better. Gatrie's excellent in the preceding chapters.

At the point you're in? Use Mia, she takes less effort. Unless you poured a lot of resources into Edward. Zihark's not bad either.

EDIT: What kind of retarded autocorrect changes Gatrie to fatties?

Edited by momogeek2141

That sounds like a good idea. Should I use Edward or Mia?

Depends on their current level and stats. Mia is easier to train than Edward, though he'll have one higher strengh cap. Growthwise both are similar great.

If I'm using a third Laguz Royal, It'll most likely be Nailah. Should I replace Rhys with Elincia or Nailah?

Elincia, becuase she can do more damage to the auras than Nailah, if you place her next to Nasir (whitepool).

Okay, so I'm thinking Mia as my 2nd trueblade and Elincia as my healer. Does anyone have a definitive list for mastery skill activation rates? The one on Serenes Forest is wrong.

So I saw an interesting Micaiah strategy. You use Sacrifice to safely bring your HP down to ~20% to activate Resolve and/or Wrath. You then use a blessed Purge to strike from afar. Sound viable?

Edited by Ekans647

Okay, so I'm thinking Mia as my 2nd trueblade and Elincia as my healer. Does anyone have a definitive list for mastery skill activation rates? The one on Serenes Forest is wrong.

So I saw an interesting Micaiah strategy. You use Sacrifice to safely bring your HP down to ~20% to activate Resolve and/or Wrath. You then use a blessed Purge to strike from afar. Sound viable?

I'm not exactly sure it is... Biorhythm affects skill activations too.

I'm not sure, but I'd honestly say no - long range magic is weak. It might work in 4-E-3, but it ain't good for much else.

Edited by Levant Caprice

I knew that biorythym affected activation rates, but by how much?

It can add or subtract up to 10% depending on its position.

You don't need to bring Rhys to the endgame, because Micaiah can reach SS and use rexaura as well.

I'd recommend to bring Elincia instead of him, because Amiti is a silver brave sword and she's a mobile healer.

The other units and weapons sound good so far.

However I'd recommend to bless vague katti instead of alondite, because vague katti has higher might and hit. Alondite has unlimited uses anyway.

Alondite is better for E-5 because Trueblades don't have canto.

I'm not saying he's bad, it's just that he's hindered in endgame because of his caps, and a seraph knight or sentinel will perform much better. Gatrie's excellent in the preceding chapters.

At the point you're in? Use Mia, she takes less effort. Unless you poured a lot of resources into Edward. Zihark's not bad either.

EDIT: What kind of retarded autocorrect changes Gatrie to fatties?

He's on EM. Pretty sure Gatrie's shit caps don't bother him there. And lmao at changing Gatrie to fatties. That's surprisingly accurate.

Alondite is better for E-5 because Trueblades don't have canto.

He's on EM. Pretty sure Gatrie's shit caps don't bother him there. And lmao at changing Gatrie to fatties. That's surprisingly accurate.

Yeah I am on EM. I have no shame because this is literally the same as Japanese NM. This is my second FE game, first being Awakening. On my first play through the game was quite challenging and took 56 hours to complete. I chose to do EM for my second play through so I could more quickly unlock the second play through content. If I ever do a third play through, most likely whenever I get and finish PoR so I can get transfer data, I'll play on NM.

What's Japanese easy mode like? Insta level up per kill w/o paragon? Or does it not exist?

There was no easy mode. The modes were only Normal, Hard, and Maniac. When Radiant Dawn was localized, the difficulty wasn't lowered like with other titles. The modes were just renamed Easy, Normal, and Hard. The only major difference between the two was that you needed the Master Crown to promote to third-tier. If I remember correctly, there were about 13 Master Crowns in the japanese version.

What's Japanese easy mode like? Insta level up per kill w/o paragon? Or does it not exist?

JP easy mode doesn't exist. It's just differently translated.

JP normal mode = easy mode

JP hard mode = normal mode

JP maniac mode = hard mode

The mode you've described is easy mode. Non underleveled units get about doubled experience. Therefore there are less and weaker enemies (except for most bosses), weaker weapons, different pattern of the bosses.

I was still decently challenged by Easy Mode on my first play-through, but I didn't want to spend too much time getting the 2nd play-through content, that's why I chose easy. I plan on doing a normal mode play-through on day though, but not anytime soon. I have other games I want to play as well.

I will admit though that Rebirth-4 was surprisingly easy. it's the second last level in the game and one the easiest levels int he game for me. I was really looking forward to that level too. Was that just my difficulty setting that made it so easy.

Yeah I am on EM. I have no shame because this is literally the same as Japanese NM. This is my second FE game, first being Awakening. On my first play through the game was quite challenging and took 56 hours to complete. I chose to do EM for my second play through so I could more quickly unlock the second play through content. If I ever do a third play through, most likely whenever I get and finish PoR so I can get transfer data, I'll play on NM.

No worries. You're free to play on any mode you want. Ever checked out the EM speed run of this game? Gwimpage's AGDQ run was siiiick.

Edited by Ownagepuffs