So... Watched all the videos so far on the My Castle, and while it was dominated by the Hoshido version a fair bit I think we saw a bit of Nohr... and possibly a third My Castle?

Here's some images to illustrate what I am talking about.

[spoiler=Nohr My Castle 1]

ND-if-3105-008.jpg

-note the dark dragon statue in the background, and more European style buildings

[spoiler=Nohr My Castle 2]

ND-if-3105-013.jpg

-note Zero the Nohr exclusive Thief/Archer and European style buildings... Also a Lack of Cherry Blossom/Sakura trees and general darker colors

[spoiler=Nohr My Castle 3]

MyCastle-042.jpg

-Nohr exclusive Severa Luna in a Nohr my Castle... Same terrain/colors as other Nohr My Castles...

Compare with the Hoshido My Castle

MyCastle-046.jpg

MyCastle-004.jpg

-So bright, and filled with Cherry blossoms! :0

Even when the Hoshido My castle looks a Lil bare it still looks more bright than Nohr's...

MyCastle-024.jpg

[spoiler=Nohr My Castle?]

ND-if-3105-007.jpg

-Is this an extension of Nohr my castle? Possibly... Desolate looking, dark colors... Or maybe something different?

[spoiler=Desert My Castle?]

ND-if-3105-006.jpg

-I find this section the most fascinating as it looks completely different from Hoshido and Nohr's My Castle areas shown so far... Could this be for the third path? ...a castle in the desert?

...so then my question is what do we have in these images here?

Is it 3 distinct areas?

1) Usual blossoming hoshido with the sakura trees.

2) a darker looking area with either green or dead trees but European type buildings and dark dragon statue.

3) desert-like area full of chasms but seems to have mixed buildings?

Or something different entirely?

I guess my theory is, the desert-like area is the third path My Castle. Another possibility is that your my castle terrain changes during the story, or based on choices/actions taken by the player within the My Castle environments.

...possibly lack of interaction with your My Castle could result in it being barren instead of the green it starts out as? Or maybe its something to do with seasons as Vincent seemed to suggest? What do you think? Anyone else have some good theories or finds?

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

Maybe it's a Hoshido My Castle, but later in the game with upgraded buildings....

The...desert? Maybe. Does raise the question of whether some sort of disaster happened if its the same castle.

Hmm... Since hinata is there which is strange since hoshido as we saw in videos has more green and colorful setting is in a desert like area is something to think about.

Yeah, the image with Hinata is definitely Hoshido as a later image of the same spot or so shows putting down a Hoshido building.

MyCastle-024.jpg

MyCastle-026.jpg

When Kamui keeps on walking in the desert castle you can see the white dragon statue, which I think was said to be only available in Hoshido route, so I think it is just a Hoshido castle.

Possibly... Like I said earlier though... Why would Hoshido become so desert-like and desolate? Story event? Something else?

Another thought is are we sure that the white dragon statue is exclusive to the Hoshido route? ...if it really is a third path, with the potential to choose either Nohr or Hoshido style buildings then it likely would be either an option or the game forcing White Dragons 'cause Dark Dragons are evil or something.

Edited by TheErrantShepherd

The third "Nohr Castle" screenshot is likely just a Hoshido castle with Luna as a visting character, as she has the green "ally/streetpass" color scheme on her sprite.

Good catch on the desert castle though, I'm hoping it means we're on the run from both countries in the third path (maybe we get the people who follow you to both routes + some other characters you couldn't get in either of the two normal routes?)

EDIT: Then again, the terrain on the third screenshot does match up with Nohr castles...

Edited by Espella

The third "Nohr Castle" screenshot is likely just a Hoshido castle with Luna as a visting character, as she has the green "ally/streetpass" color scheme on her sprite.

Good catch on the desert castle though, I'm hoping it means we're on the run from both countries in the third path (maybe we get the people who follow you to both routes + some other characters you couldn't get in either of the two normal routes?)

EDIT: Then again, the terrain on the third screenshot does match up with Nohr castles...

Yeah, it does seem interesting the possibilities... Hoping we get some more screens/info soon.

Is she green? Didn't catch that... Interesting if she is... Would that indicate she is visiting or being visited? ...probably being visited? As not allied blue or enemy red.

That screen before the desert screen actually looking again has the same center on the ground as in the first Nohr screen shot... The circular area with four circles around it... Wonder what that means as it looks rather different.

I have a theory maybe Kamuis/royal siblings dragons vein return the landscape to what it once was if it is indeed hoshidos castle with the white Dragon statue.

...interesting... What if the Dragon Vein is something that ends up sapping the earth? Could that be why Nohr's a more barren landscape? Overuse of that ability? ...Fire Emblem Green? >.>

Is she green? Didn't catch that... Interesting if she is... Would that indicate she is visiting or being visited? ...probably being visited? As not allied blue or enemy red.

Yeah, in retrospect I just looked at the translation video (time around 7:32) and it says that the player is visiting that castle, so it's definitely a Nohr castle.

You can also see Nyx in green managing a shop right before he talks to Luna.

A fairly early Hoshido chapter takes place in a desert, and some sort of village with windmills is repeatedly visible in it, which COULD be tied to the wind clan, since Tsukuyomi, who is from that clan, apparently is recruited in a desert-like environment. Additionally, the world map displays a large windmill south-west of the Hoshido capital, which could represent said village. That would mean that there is a desert near, or even inside the Hoshido theory. As a result of that, having the option to have your Hoshido mycastle located in a desert makes sense, to me at least.

As for Nohr, I think the most distinguishable feature of one mycatle area is the huge building in the back. I believe that a different building means a different mycastle scenery. As of know I've seen three, and only the desert is missing:

Rgu748b.jpg

DlGMNOc.jpg

4jg4hfN.png

The last two are likely to be Nohr sceneries because of several reasons including the buildings' names, visible units, general feel of the area, appearance of said huge building, dragon statues...

Basically up until know I believe we have seen four different mycastle sceneries; two for Hoshido and two for Nohr. Not 100% but that seems pretty likely to me. Don't think we've seen anything from the third path yet, as far as mycastle goes anyway.

Sorry for the repeated edits

Edited by Cysx

Yeah, in retrospect I just looked at the translation video (time around 7:32) and it says that the player is visiting that castle, so it's definitely a Nohr castle.

You can also see Nyx in green managing a shop right before he talks to Luna.

your right the kamui from hoshidos castle is visiting the other players castle which is nohr so it's still a mystery .

The Desert my castle indicates one of three options,

1. Story events affect the layout of your My Castle.

2. That You can select between different terrains for the My Castle.

3. that this Desert Castle is the third route My Castle.

2 and 3 are the most likely since building placement might be fubar in a chasm can block you from a shop you built.

A fairly early Hoshido chapter takes place in a desert, and some sort of village with windmills is repeatedly visible in it, which COULD be tied to the wind clan, since Tsukuyomi, who is from that clan, apparently is recruited in a desert-like environment. Additionally, the world map displays a large windmill south-west of the Hoshido capital, which could represent said village. That would mean that there is a desert near, or even inside the Hoshido theory. As a result of that, having the option to have your Hoshido mycastle located in a desert makes sense, to me at least.

Interesting, definitely very possible. Looking at the World Map I see the area you mean, zooming in on my phone it looks like some sort if village is the west of the windmill... Maybe the wind village... Or the location of the Hoshido Desert My Castle?

As for Nohr, I think the most distinguishable feature of one mycatle area is the huge building in the back. I believe that a different building means a different mycastle scenery. As of know I've seen three, and only the desert is missing:

Rgu748b.jpg

DlGMNOc.jpg

4jg4hfN.png

The last two are likely to be Nohr sceneries because of several reasons including the buildings' names, visible units, general feel of the area, appearance of said huge building, dragon statues...

Basically up until know I believe we have seen four different mycastle sceneries; two for Hoshido and two for Nohr. Not 100% but that seems pretty likely to me. Don't think we've seen anything from the third path yet, as far as mycastle goes anyway.

Sorry for the repeated edits

No worries on the edits... Loving the discussion and the theories. Did not notice initially the differing backgrounds for the my castles... That is rather notable/interesting. I may be just seeing things but its possible those Nohr locations could correspond to some of the areas seen on the Map, as certain buildings seen there have a similar structure, like the two tower background and the more stacked levels building background.

[spoiler=That World Map]1433315553966.jpg

...but then, its possible that I am just seeing what I want to see there, as I am not so sure the My Castle areas are represented on that image... But maybe they are?

...it could be possible that the my castle feature could allow one to place their castle near one of the areas seen in the previous 6(?) Chapters before "the decision".

Or just randomly assigned/created. Or perhaps a players choice as possibly the avatar creation variables generate different kinds of my Castle backgrounds?

Either way, cool find... You may be right third path might be unlikely to be shown but I am very curious to find out what is up too. :)

The Desert my castle indicates one of three options,

1. Story events affect the layout of your My Castle.

2. That You can select between different terrains for the My Castle.

3. that this Desert Castle is the third route My Castle.

2 and 3 are the most likely since building placement might be fubar in a chasm can block you from a shop you built.

Cysx made a pretty decent argument for option 2.

I would think if option 1 happened that they the lines for placements and roads would likely be unaffected by the terrain change... Or at least still accessible.

I still think 3 is very possible as it is at least has the largest visible differences from the other castles shown. But I may need to rewatch the video to see if anything else stands out.

...I mean it seems unlikely to me, but maybe the desert area could be just an expansion of the bountiful Hoshido My Castle into less green territory? (I personally think the My Castle is likely an enclosed area though.)

The different terrains definitely has me confused, but TBH I think it's too early for IS to be showing anything from the third route.

Hmm... Yeah, it is definitely interesting/confusing on the terrain difference.

I believe you mentioned in one of your info posts that the My Castle could be affected by seasons or time of day, Vincent? Was that stated or more theory? If they did state that, it'd be another interesting connection to gameplay mechanics seen previously in other Nintendo games like Animal Crossing.

It would be too early for Third path info, though it wasn't really addressed or delved into to be fair. But hey, thanks for all the great info you've provided on this! Been excellent/super exciting to follow along with all of this. :D

I personally think you might be able to select which terrain you want (within a set amount, of course) for your My Castle. I originally thought the desert castle was Nohr, because in the video it talks about how the "land" will develop as you progress and then cuts to a Nohr castle with dead trees, but with grass so I thought that was the development they were talking about - until I noticed one of the shops in the desert clearly read Hoshido and the white dragon statue RIP me orz

Now I think you might be able to choose because going from desert wasteland to blooming sakura trees seems way extreme even if the actual land does develop as well. As for the statement about Hoshido being "rich in natural beauty" or whatever, it could be that the desert castle still has cool/beautiful stuff like an oasis or the like (and we just don't get to see).

Meanwhile, Nohr gets to choose from like three different shades of dirt

I'm kidding...... mostly.