Main character weapons

Linfan

Seeing how Kamui, Marx, Ryouma and (possibly) Aqua wield unique-looking weapons, I'm curious how they will handle them gameplay-wise.

Will they give stat boost/penalties like normal weapons, have extraordinary effects or will they just look fancy?

On one hand they are the "canon" weapons that should be strong enough to give players a reason to use them throughout the game, but on the other they shouldn't be too "broken" early on.

Also regarding the possible effects of the weapons, how would it affect fighting against Marx/Ryouma? Could they even be effective against dragon-type units like Kamui? Or maybe against each other?

What are your thoughts?

post-15710-0-63525300-1433791480_thumb.png

post-15710-0-35934300-1433791491_thumb.png

post-15710-0-85409800-1433791501_thumb.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be all for them being available from the start, but having limited power until a certain point in the story. It worked for Chrom's Falchion, so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

Well, considering how they will have inf. durability, i belive that they wont be "god-slaying" weapons. Better than average weapons but still not op.

Yatogami (Kamui's sword) might be the typical "god-slaying" weapon, but the other ones are probably just above-average weapons, like you said.

I might consider Aqua's lance which supposedly uses Water Magic as her main weapon, as seeing her holding a Javelin just seems odd to me. Plus most if not all of her official art shows her wielding it.

well I mean Chrom had falchion and the EXALTED FALCHION UPGRADE and they're infinite use too

so it's entirely possible we get slightly better than average Yatogami and then upgrade to super awesome Yatogami by endgame

We can sorta guess the details of the earlygame Yatogami from this screenshot from waaay back when:

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/nohr5.jpg

Assuming D swords gives no weapon rank bonuses, it looks like the Yatogami has 8 Mt and 85 Hit. Speed and Def are increased while Res is decreased, but we don't know by how much, or if some part of that can be attributed to either of his skills. It also has no icons for effective damage, so it doesn't seem like it will act like a rapier or have dragon-slaying properties or anything like that.

He will definitely either get an upgraded Yatogami later in the game, or get an entirely new legendary weapon.

We can sorta guess the details of the earlygame Yatogami from this screenshot from waaay back when:

http://serenesforest.net/wp-content/gallery/april-2015-nintendo-direct/nohr5.jpg

Assuming D swords gives no weapon rank bonuses, it looks like the Yatogami has 8 Mt and 85 Hit. Speed and Def are increased while Res is decreased, but we don't know by how much, or if some part of that can be attributed to either of his skills. It also has no icons for effective damage, so it doesn't seem like it will act like a rapier or have dragon-slaying properties or anything like that.

He will definitely either get an upgraded Yatogami later in the game, or get an entirely new legendary weapon.

I'd doubt an entirely new weapon just because of how prevalent the weapons have been in the artwork this time. An upgraded one makes more sense to me.

Another thing to note is Takumi's bow. I don't think we've seen Takumi in combat yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but so far as I can tell, Takumi's bow seems to have a glowing blue string and in the trailer where he's standing with some other Hoshidan soldiers, you can see a glowing arrow has been knocked. Though, admittedly, the glowing arrow might just be an animated visual representation of him activating a skill. Either way, his bow seems to be enchanted somehow, and it's likely it's also going to be a unique weapon. Might even be reason enough to believe all the siblings on either side have unique weapons.

Another thing to note is Takumi's bow. I don't think we've seen Takumi in combat yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but so far as I can tell, Takumi's bow seems to have a glowing blue string and in the trailer where he's standing with some other Hoshidan soldiers, you can see a glowing arrow has been knocked. Though, admittedly, the glowing arrow might just be an animated visual representation of him activating a skill. Either way, his bow seems to be enchanted somehow, and it's likely it's also going to be a unique weapon. Might even be reason enough to believe all the siblings on either side have unique weapons.

Actually Takumi has been shown in battle, although only as a support and even then has not been shown attacking, in the mini direct for Japan I believe, when Kamui fights Marth. His bow string is glowing so that suggest his weapon to be special instead of it being some kind of skill. Also, he's not shown holding an arrow so I guess maybe the blue energy that makes the string is made by Takumi, who makes the arrow as well? I dunno.

Actually Takumi has been shown in battle, although only as a support and even then has not been shown attacking, in the mini direct for Japan I believe, when Kamui fights Marth. His bow string is glowing so that suggest his weapon to be special instead of it being some kind of skill. Also, he's not shown holding an arrow so I guess maybe the blue energy that makes the string is made by Takumi, who makes the arrow as well? I dunno.

Takumi_art.png

His bowstring is indeed blue.

Ah, yes, I completely forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Do you think his class might also use magic, and that's how he makes the arrow and string? It would neatly circumvent the need for a unique weapon, though I hope that isn't the case.

Still, what do you all think? If this is a unique weapon, do you think the other siblings on either side might also have unique weapons?

Assuming none of these skills are affected by the weapon Kamui's wielding, this shot confirmed that these are only from the Yatogami:

XzYEZx8.jpg

As for Tsubaki's bow, it's hard to say wether it's special or not, considering we know next to nothing about the Hoshidan equivalent to bows(the wakyuus?).

Edited by Cysx

From the link below, you can see that Marx has a different weapon than the one above. Perhaps characters have more than one special weapon!

https://41.media.tumblr.com/64d89b466f1b50d628c6e0d26bfb37d6/tumblr_inline_npfozk2nnS1r2ou9t_540.png

edit: nvm, it's the sheath of the sword glowing

Edited by Azure_skylar

Takumi_art.png

His bowstring is indeed blue.

On the Hoshido boxart, you can see that Takumi's bow doesn't have a string on it, so maybe it's "active" in that picture, like how Aqua's lance is "active" with the water, or something like that. It may just be that the boxart has an error like female Kamui's two left feet, but you never know!

From the link below, you can see that Marx has a different weapon than the one above. Perhaps characters have more than one special weapon!

https://41.media.tumblr.com/64d89b466f1b50d628c6e0d26bfb37d6/tumblr_inline_npfozk2nnS1r2ou9t_540.png

edit: nvm, it's the sheath of the sword glowing

Uh. Never seen that image. Marx's sword is quite small compared to how it is here:

Db9BF51.png

Still seems like it's the same weapon though. I wonder if that's a mistake.

^ It's probably early designs. Ryouma also has white boots there while Marx's boots look more sane.

I don't know, even the sword's in-game model looks considerably bigger:

w8T9i9k.jpg

Even in the April trailer, where the footage is probably from the game, the same can be seen:

idahw6P.png

It just looks so tiny in that artwork in comparison.

If I post enough big images will the site explode?

Edited by Cysx

The image also shows that Camilla and Leon (I did remember the Nohr younger brother's name correctly, right?) seem to have unique weapons. Camilla's axe has some sort of detailing that (as far as I know) isn't found on any weapon in the series, and I don't recognise Leon's tome. But that could just be me - I haven't been interested in the series for THAT long.

EDIT: wow... quote fail. Shows how much time I spend on forums...

I was intending to quote the post from Azure_Skylar (the one above).

Edited by Gamer7956

The image also shows that Camilla and Leon (I did remember the Nohr younger brother's name correctly, right?) seem to have unique weapons. Camilla's axe has some sort of detailing that (as far as I know) isn't found on any weapon in the series, and I don't recognise Leon's tome. But that could just be me - I haven't been interested in the series for THAT long.

Looks like a Brave Axe to me? But to parallel Takumi, Leon could have a unique dark tome.

Looks like a Brave Axe to me? But to parallel Takumi, Leon could have a unique dark tome.

Nah, Brave Axes have some sort of holes in them, possibly to cut down on materials used in the forging which is what allows the user to automatically swing it again, cause it's so light in comparison to other weapons. Or so, that's my theory on the Brave weapons. Course that little theory goes out the window with Brave Bows.

I also can't recall any tome that looks at all like Leon's, so it's either new, or it's unique.

And Camilla's axe does look somewhat unique to me. The designs on it might be runes etched into the weapon to give it some unique effect. Unfortunately, it also happens to look a bit like the Steel Axes from Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, so it might be just that. Here's hoping it's a unique weapon. And if it is, that should imply that Hinoka also has a unique weapon.

The only thing left, if all the other sibling have unique weapons, is Sakura and Elise. They both use staffs. The only unique staffs in the game were legendary staffs, if I recall correctly. Ones that resurrected the dead, or healed all allies all across the map. Unless their staffs can somehow be used in combat, I can't see either of them having a unique staff.

Uh are we sure that camilla is not using a sliver axe? Looks like one to me.

Not sure, although it looks similar. Who knows, it might be a new design.