Main character weapons

Linfan

^ i don't think we are quite sure when they join you, but a couple more than usual early prepromotes won't hurt anyone. Also a unprompted unit in awakening has the legendary axe Helswath in her art, so the weapons do not mean much.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh are we sure that camilla is not using a sliver axe? Looks like one to me.

I rather doubt it. The design of most axes in Awakening all have the smaller side of the head of the axe as a pointed tip. Her axe's smaller side is more like a smaller version of the larger side of the axe. While not exactly unique amongst axes, I think that, considering they're going to reuse as many things as possible from Awakening, such as Nohr's weapon designs, the fact that her axe is much different to the axes in Awakening is a good sign that it may indeed be unique.

I'm not saying it has to be, since it could very well be a generic weapon. I'm just saying the possibility is still there that it is unique.

These characters seem kinda strong.

You wouldn't unlock them right away would you? Dark Knight is a promote class. Revenant Knight sounds like one too and weather she's got a Brave/Silver Axe is something you don't pick up early game unless you find it yourself.

They probably are strong, but whether we'll get them right away or not is another matter entirely. It's tough to say, because they could just be weak pre-promotes, which would suck, or they might be unpromoted versions of an otherwise promoted class.

I mean, Leon is supposedly a Dark Knight using Dark Magic. But the Dark Knight class in Awakening would have required Shadowgift in order to do that. So, unless Leon has Shadowgift, or they changed the limits of the Dark Knight classes magic, it's possible he could have a new class of a similar name.

And Camilla's class is entirely new, called the Revenant Knight. It's highly likely that the Wyvern Rider retains it's former promotion options from Awakening, and the Revenant Knight is a new class with at least one new class as a possible promotion.

Of course that's all mere speculation.

For the record though, while Brave Weapons are almost always mid-late game weapons, it's actually very common for pre-promoted units to have silver weapons early game. Marcus, Seth, and Frederick all had them. I think Titania had one in Path of Radiance, though it might have been Steel, and I'm just remembering incorrectly.

^ i don't think we are quite sure when they join you, but a couple more than usual early prepromotes won't hurt anyone. Also a unprompted unit in awakening has the legendary axe Helswath in her art, so the weapons do not mean much.

True enough. And it might even be the same for Marx's and Ryouma's weapons. Though, I'm sure you'll understand if I hope otherwise.

I can't agree on the early pre-promotes not hurting anyone though. One or two is fine, but we already know Felicia, Joker, and Gunther are pre-promotes, and are on your side regardless, which implies from the beginning. That's three already. And the blue haired maid might also be on your side regardless, which might mean four. Five if it turns out that ninja's are pre-promotes too. That's way too many for early game. Getting any more shortly after making the decision if you choose the Nohr side of things, kind of makes a joke about how Nohr is supposed to be more challenging. Unless each of them are barely any stronger then an unpromoted unit, which ruins their usability later in the game. That hurts us as players, since it cuts down on decent units to use.

On another note, despite all the information we've been getting, is anybody else getting really frustrated with not knowing more about the game?

I mean, Leon is supposedly a Dark Knight using Dark Magic. But the Dark Knight class in Awakening would have required Shadowgift in order to do that. So, unless Leon has Shadowgift, or they changed the limits of the Dark Knight classes magic, it's possible he could have a new class of a similar name.

I don't think Leon using dark magic has been confirmed (unless I missed something?)

I can't agree on the early pre-promotes not hurting anyone though. One or two is fine, but we already know Felicia, Joker, and Gunther are pre-promotes, and are on your side regardless, which implies from the beginning. That's three already. And the blue haired maid might also be on your side regardless, which might mean four. Five if it turns out that ninja's are pre-promotes too. That's way too many for early game. Getting any more shortly after making the decision if you choose the Nohr side of things, kind of makes a joke about how Nohr is supposed to be more challenging. Unless each of them are barely any stronger then an unpromoted unit, which ruins their usability later in the game. That hurts us as players, since it cuts down on decent units to use.

Ninjas definitely aren't prepromotes, none of the evidence suggests that they are. And Joker/Felicia have already been confirmed to have shitty stats, but even if they fail in combat after the first few chapters they might still be helpful as staff users.

Edited by Bovinian

I rather doubt it. The design of most axes in Awakening all have the smaller side of the head of the axe as a pointed tip. Her axe's smaller side is more like a smaller version of the larger side of the axe. While not exactly unique amongst axes, I think that, considering they're going to reuse as many things as possible from Awakening, such as Nohr's weapon designs, the fact that her axe is much different to the axes in Awakening is a good sign that it may indeed be unique.

I'm not saying it has to be, since it could very well be a generic weapon. I'm just saying the possibility is still there that it is unique.

Actually bronze iron and steel are not pointed in fact to me the only axes with a definite pointed tip are sliver axes, Orsin's hatchets and maybe braves, i guess you could count hammers as an axe too. Plus i don't think they will keep the designs the same javelin looks the same, but i think they changed steel axes, and not Inigo has a steel sword (i think i don't read japanese but it seems to match the text of the steel sword from the weapon downside explanation in famistu )which looks a bit different form awakening to me. As does that short wide lance that seems to keep popping up. It could still be unique but the colouring and design screams sliver axe to me.

I'm interested in that tree spell Leon used. I wonder if it's connected to the tree roots we see growing on Nohr's castle?

It also looked like an AOE attack, although that could just be Cutscene power to the max....

Also, if I didn't love Felicia enough as is, her knives have some type of ice effect.

I don't think Leon using dark magic has been confirmed (unless I missed something?)

Ninjas definitely aren't prepromotes, none of the evidence suggests that they are. And Joker/Felicia have already been confirmed to have shitty stats, but even if they fail in combat after the first few chapters they might still be helpful as staff users.

You're right. It hasn't been confirmed about Leon using Dark Magic, so I'll give you that. Though his artwork heavily suggests he does, and the artwork is usually accurate on the type of weapon a character uses, in this case, Dark Magic.

And you're on 100% correct on Ninja's not being pre-promotes, and I was completely wrong in assuming they might be. A new trailer shows Kagerou using a Master Seal to promote into some riding class. Her mount is masked, and seems to be fairly feline, though that's just what I got from a quick glance, so it could be anything really.

Actually bronze iron and steel are not pointed in fact to me the only axes with a definite pointed tip are sliver axes, Orsin's hatchets and maybe braves, i guess you could count hammers as an axe too. Plus i don't think they will keep the designs the same javelin looks the same, but i think they changed steel axes, and not Inigo has a steel sword (i think i don't read japanese but it seems to match the text of the steel sword from the weapon downside explanation in famistu )which looks a bit different form awakening to me. As does that short wide lance that seems to keep popping up. It could still be unique but the colouring and design screams sliver axe to me.

You're right about the axes, sorry about that. Still, to me her axe does seem to be unique. However, if they have changed some of the weapon designs for IF, then her weapon might be one of those common weapons. Or it could be a Silver Poleaxe, if they brought those back from PoR/RD. Though it seems a bit short for a poleaxe. In the new trailer, she seemed to be using an unseen before axe, or I just can't remember seeing it before, though it looked nothing like her artwork axe. It looks a bit like the hand axe in Awakening, but it's missing the curve in both directions.

IT HAS BEEN SAID.

Takumi does actually make his own arrows with his signature weapon, shown in the recent Fire Emblem video.

Hopefully that means it's a unique weapon only to him. Still a chance it might not be unique, but I'm hopeful.

Still, did anybody else notice Hinoka's massively thick lance in that new trailer? It looks like a giant syringe. Or something. If the siblings all do have unique weapons, I hope that's not hers, cause that looks like it would have some serious penalties to use. Course, I won't complain if it is.

Yeah, Leon appears to have some "Earth" magic as his unique weapon. It would make sense, as we've seen him surrounded by floating rocks in nearly every cutscene plus his "tree" Attack. (Also, am I the only person who sees subtle shades of green on his horse's armour in the new Introduction trailer?) From the cover of his tome, it looks like Dark magic, but since we're not certain Dark Knights can use Dark Magic in this game, it would probably be safer to assume that it's just deliberately misleading. :)

I'd like to point out that in the trailer Kamui is shown wielding a monstrous looking sword, and a little after that you can see Yatogami with an aura highly reminiscent Marx's sword. There was also a scene where Kamui looks at Yatogami as if they are trying to figure it out.

Personally my theory is that daemon-sword was Kamui's sword before it became Yatogami, and something later in Kamui's life caused it to become the golden sword that we all know. Depending on which route you pick Yatogami will pick up a different magic aura: dark purple for Nohr, and light blue for Hoshido. I have no clue why this would happen, but it seems the most likely scenario.

Looks like a Brave Axe to me? But to parallel Takumi, Leon could have a unique dark tome.

Maybe that is what the massive explosion of darkness that was in the introduction trailer was

Camilla's class is entirely new, called the Revenant Knight. It's highly likely that the Wyvern Rider retains it's former promotion options from Awakening, and the Revenant Knight is a new class with at least one new class as a possible promotion.

Of course that's all mere speculation.

[Redacted for brevity]

I can't agree on the early pre-promotes not hurting anyone though. One or two is fine, but we already know Felicia, Joker, and Gunther are pre-promotes, and are on your side regardless, which implies from the beginning. That's three already.

My money is on Revenant Knight replacing Griffin Rider. Good riddance. And the promotional materials suggest to me that only one of Joker and Felicia will join you, at least at first.

^^ uh what, you make a nice axe like that, and if it is a sliver axe it probably sells for 4000 gold two, four and eight times more pricey than steel iron and bronze respectively, you might as well but a freaking crest on it, might as well be your own countries. I am pretty sure we have had ornamental looking higher level weapons before as well.

Edited by goodperson707

And the promotional materials suggest to me that only one of Joker and Felicia will join you, at least at first.

Which promotional materials are you referencing? Just curious, because I don't think I've ever gotten this impression before.

Which promotional materials are you referencing? Just curious, because I don't think I've ever gotten this impression before.

Just the fact that in all these images we've seen I don't think we've ever seen the two on the same map, yet have even seen the same map with the two in each other's place:

spXmDbD.png

That, combined with the oddity of the game starting you with identical pre-promotes (let alone staff-using ones), leads me to assume you only get one of them (at least at first).

If you actually look at both screenshots you'll see that they're the exact same one (with the difference that the one on the right is all blurry, for some reason). :facepalm:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Actually if you look at the profiles for Gunter and joker on the official site you will see what looks like the same map, but in one it has joker and in the other it has Felicia, also that the avatar is female when joker is there.

Actually if you look at the profiles for Gunter and joker on the official site you will see what looks like the same map, but in one it has joker and in the other it has Felicia, also that the avatar is female when joker is there.

It might not be the same battle even then. I would assume that you get one right after the other, so you get Felicia and for the next chapter you get Joker as well.

Those two screenshots are the same ones, and feature Joker. It can't be Felicia since she has pink hair and none of the two units highlighted above have pink hair.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

^^ so they just randomly replace each other in what looks like a ruin, yeah sure notice that gunther seems to be doing a movement tutorial with m kaimui and felcia no joker in sight. And the one with joker seems to be before the chapter starts. Also we have another map that seems to only have Felicia and gunther also with male kaimui.

^What? i am talking about the unit profiles. Not screenshots

Edited by goodperson707