Lunatic/Casual Run Help

So I just attempted to complete the prologue and I got rekt like 5 times. The RNG goddess is cruel and unforgiving, getting a crit on Krom AND Frederick.

MU:

Female, +Def -Luck

Yeah, I know, give Frederick the sword and keep Liz out of range.

Personally I never give Frederick the sword. I have him kill the myrmidon and then injure the two axe guys on the enemy turn. Then, I use Robin and Chrom to finish those guys off and Frederick to kill the other myrmidon, and then the mage is a piece of cake. After that, I use the water trick, but you might get more unlucky crits with -luck.

What's Fred going to do with that Bronze Sword? You'll want it to stay on Avatar for Cht.1.

There's also a whole thread dedicated to this stuff that never leaves the top page. I'm sure you'll get more traffic asking there.

The same strategies for Lunatic(+) will also apply to Casual, too. I was quite thankful for the Casual part starting from Chapter 4!

It'll also allow you to be a teensy bit less careful on Chapter 3, BUT Frederick must survive. Unless you want to poke the boss down with Chrom's Rapier.

Edited by eclipse

What's Fred going to do with that Bronze Sword? You'll want it to stay on Avatar for Cht.1.

Do you mean until Chapter 1? Because I believe OP is talking about Prologue, and Bronze Sword on Fred is a pretty good idea for Chapter 1.

Avatar can still get plenty of EXP whilst Fred fort tanks Chapter 1 because Fred doesnt ORKO Fighters with Chrom Pairup unless he's procced Str.

I mean if you're water tricking Prologue then sure you can probably just dump Avatar on the fort instead but if you haven't then Fred's a perfectly good and reliable choice.

Edited by Irysa