Nyx, maybe telling our chapter's fortunes

So I just had a thought. What if Nyx could tell us our fortunes before every battle. Like they did in Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken or 6, a very old woman joined your party for the sake of giving your Avatar an Augury about your next mission your preparing for in your 'Preperations' screen in return for money.

So I thought, what if Nyx could do the same. Pay for an Augury, get told what unit's would best cope, what items units should hold, additional information about the area you're fighting on and who you should pick among your units to meet someone on the field of battle. Perhaps during the Preperations screen or in My Castle between chapters it could be used.

I think it would be great cause if this was in both versions, not just make it easy for newcomers by getting prepared and and getting smarter about choices, but more reason to get involved with a character that's actually apart of you army.

What's your take?

I'd love to see it, if for nothing else than seeing more character development/investment with Nyx and her Hoshidan fortune-telling equivalent.

But yeah, preparation for new players that would encourage them to try new strategies would be excellent, and this would be a great way to implement that. I've kind of made it a hobby to get people into the Fire Emblem series (usually via Awakening), and I've seen just how often people entirely new to the genre could use something to provoke strategic thought other than abusing prepromotes.

Fortune telling sounds like an interesting concept that could either make it easier or add some additional strategy to the game.

Maybe the prophecy could change every time you play a chapter and depending on whether or not you choose to listen to it, there are some small differences on the map.

This could include the increase/decrease of enemies stats, a slightly altered A.I. or maybe different weapons.

E.g. something along the lines of “The enemy’s eager to attack” could indicate that opposing units are much more aggressive and have strength +1. Or “watch your back” would give a hint for reinforcements.

Another interesting addition would be a slight chance that the predictions are false. So you can’t rely on them entirely, but rather keep a back-up plan in mind.

However, I don’t think that Nyx would take that role. If she would, the fortune telling would be exclusive to Nohr. It would rather be an optional “My Castle” building.

I would love to see Orochi be the Fortune Teller for Hoshido. She seems like the type that would fortune tell. Her and Nyx have some similarities too, they are both Spellcasters who are both told to be quite mature. I also see this possibly coming back.

However, I don’t think that Nyx would take that role. If she would, the fortune telling would be exclusive to Nohr. It would rather be an optional “My Castle” building.

Your ideas, I like them. But that also came to mind about Nyx. She's only Nohr exclusive. Hoping for either a new character that can tell fortunes or maybe Tsukuyomi or Orochi being capable for this.

Fortune telling sounds like an interesting concept that could either make it easier or add some additional strategy to the game.
Maybe the prophecy could change every time you play a chapter and depending on whether or not you choose to listen to it, there are some small differences on the map.
This could include the increase/decrease of enemies stats, a slightly altered A.I. or maybe different weapons.
E.g. something along the lines of “The enemy’s eager to attack” could indicate that opposing units are much more aggressive and have strength +1. Or “watch your back” would give a hint for reinforcements.
Another interesting addition would be a slight chance that the predictions are false. So you can’t rely on them entirely, but rather keep a back-up plan in mind.

Fortunetelling has already been a system implemented in a couple titles (or was it just FE7? I can't remember...), where the fortuneteller would just give you strategic tips and tell you when there's a NPC/Enemy unit that you can recruit and hint with whom you recruit them with.

Your ideas are neat, though. It would bring a new layer or strategy to the table, albeit one based on a gamble. It's interesting.

Those ideas are grrreat. Especially in situations where your party can't see the map; e.g. you're pinned down on a bunker and are about to burst out to make a run for it, or on maps with heavy fog of war. Heck, she could even warn you mid-fight about incoming artillery. :t:

Otherwise, I don't think that Nyx will serve exclusively that role since she seems like a fully fleshed out character, worthy of being one of the protagonists with lots of support convos.