Character Reclass Options

Leif

I wanted to know what you guys hope the other classes the FE14 roster has access to.

For instance, I hope that Cyrus has the Dark Mage class branch along with his Cavalier branch. Why Dark Mage? Because he'll make a badass Dark Knight. He has the black armor, the propped up collar -- essentially the best design for a dark knight, even rivaling Leon's look!

Also, will the Avatar get all class options, or just a limited amount? If he/she gets a limited amount, do you think that there will be a 'questionnaire' of sorts (during Avatar customization) that determines what classes the avatar has access to?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, will the Avatar get all class options, or just a limited amount? If he/she gets a limited amount, do you think that there will be a 'questionnaire' of sorts (during Avatar customization) that determines what classes the avatar has access to?

I'd guess the avatar will be limited by game - Nohr classes in Nohr campaign, Hoshido classes in Hoshido campaign.

Edited by NeonZ

Kamui might be class locked because the levels of the characters do not reset with reclassing, which potentially eliminates the idea that skills will be attained through grinding and such.

I wanted to know what you guys hope the other classes the FE14 roster has access to.

Ideally, no re-class options (Other than a player avatar, customization is the point there). Although it's not as big of a deal in a game that lets you casual mode, but re-classing waters down unit significance. O drats, Sain died - guess I can make Oswin in to that social knight now.

No, when Sain died, you had one less social knight to play with.

Even on just a character personality trait, does it really make sense for characters to change professions that take a lifetime of training in to be adequate really make sense?

Edited by Wellgarth

with current reclassing, i understand that it's decided what they'd (the options) be in more of a "if things were different, they could possibly be this rather than a (starting class here)," so with that in mind, i do think that if kamui has relcass options, there's going to be a hoshido class in there.

it's shown there is reclassing, but i didn't actually use it much in awakening, so it's a large w/e from me overall.

however, i do think that cyrus might have a stahl-type reclassing, for some reason. however, since nohr seemingly has no myrmidons, change that to mercenary, etc. etc...

as for kamui, i don't think that having everything (gender lock willing, that is) would work, as their role in the story is decidedly different. i do think having a few hoshido only classes would be a good idea, but i don't think they should have all the reclass options ever. maybe rather than 2, they have 4 or 5. i'd be alright with that.

What I noticed is that it looks like the characters will have less options this time around.

In one scan we saw that Joker is able to change into a paladin,great knight and strategist,which sounds like he has only 2 base classes(rod knight,which probably upgrades into stragist or maid/butler and cavalier who upgrades into pladain/great knight).

I guess other characters will have 2 base classes as well,but I dunno about Kamui,maybe there is a second class exclusive to him/her?(because dark prince doesn't really sound like something fitting for Hoshido,maybe there is a light prince as well?),or maybe we get to choose a second class?Or maybe Kamui can't reclass at all?Overall I doubt that we'll be able to change into anything this time around.

I just hope Camilla has Berserker because IMO it really suits her and would give me an alternative over Charlotte, because if that skill from the famitsu leaker is real (no screenshot yet of that so maybe it isn't) I have a feeling her character type isn't going to be something I'd be a fan of unless pulled off REALLY well. Not a fan of the women who views other women as rivals/enemies type of people.

(which isn't to say that Charlotte is going to be a badly-written character, I just don't particularly like characters who are like that)

I want to use a female Berserker but I'm not sure if I want to use Charlotte.

Edited by Thor Odinson

If I can't reclass Kamui to General, I'm going to be pissed.

That is all.

Kamui might be class locked because the levels of the characters do not reset with reclassing, which potentially eliminates the idea that skills will be attained through grinding and such.

The whole point of the Avatar existing is so that the player can customise them to their own preferences. If Kamui is restricted to one class, then what's the point of having an avatar to start with?

Edited by NinjaMonkey

If I can't reclass Kamui to General, I'm going to be pissed.

That is all.

Same here, but I want Pegasus Warrior. I need to flywith my beloved Hinoka, 'nuff said.

Really, I hoped that they wouldn't have reclassing in this game 'cause of all the grinding needed for good skills, but I just hope that we get less reclasses, like maybe 2, and for Kamui you pick another class or 2 rather then having access to all classes.(I really just want Kami to be a Peg Warrior(So weird not being knight))

^ that spell looks a little... purple to me to be thoron... Are you perchance thinking of Robin attacking Validar?

Your point still stands of course. I just like to nitpick.

Yeah except it's when Robin attacks Chrom nvm Robin attacks Validar too

Also when Lucina points the Falchion at Robin while in a class that can't use swords. lolBride

Edited by Bovinian

Yeah, I don't think I've got anything on that. They were cutscene based though. I haven't forgotten stabbin Chrom with a thunder though, (felt good) but being a different class like Swordmaster? But it may not matter though. I know in Fire Emblem, what is seen isn't as it seems, but what is heard is exactly what you hear.

I'm really hoping that Kamui can reclass like Robin did. It would freaking break my heart if I found out we were locked into dark prince/princess. However, I think it would be pretty cool if we could decide which weapons he/she could use if we are indeed class locked. Here's an interesting thought: what if we can reclass into anything AND all those classes get Dragonstone access as well?

I bet Charlotte is able to reclass into something that can use hidden weapons(probably a maid?)

And Pieri and maybe even Camilla look like characters who might be able to turn into berserkers.

The whole point of the Avatar existing is so that the player can customise them to their own preferences. If Kamui is restricted to one class, then what's the point of having an avatar to start with?

Well you can still customize a lot of the avatar,but keep in mind that this time,the avatar is the main lord,so he is the only one with anything like a lord class.

I'm thinking about reclassing my F!Kamui into the same class as Sakura-chan class mido or something like that.

You can customize his/her appearance and gender, you can choose with whom you support with and possibly romance, everyone speaks to you as their leader, the story is focused on you, etc. There are a lot more things to being a personal avatar than being able to change their class.