Character Reclass Options

Leif

no my castle trailer shows a promoted Kamui.so it's possible they can reclass.

Well, I meant that they'd be unable to reclass out of the Dark Prince/Princess class string, which would include that class, and the promotion(s). And to give my own feelings on that, I think this could be great as it would probably help me treat Kamui like just another unit, instead of focusing so much on him, like I do Robin.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can customize his/her appearance and gender, you can choose with whom you support with and possibly romance, everyone speaks to you as their leader, the story is focused on you, etc. There are a lot more things to being a personal avatar than being able to change their class.

In this game, my class is the only thing I'm interested in.

Yeah,but overall we have to keep in mind that the main character is getting a potentially plot relevant sword and dragon transformation.

It'd be kinda weird if you could just ignore that and do your run as a priest.

Yeah,but overall we have to keep in mind that the main character is getting a potentially plot relevant sword and dragon transformation.

I guess? But in Awakening, when you kill Grima no matter the class you have the Avatar uses magic. Even if he's the Great Knight. So they could just do that throughout the entire game, who knows?

If the game wanted to allow Kamui to reclass, while simultaneously keeping at least a shred of in-game accuracy in those cutscenes, I think the best they could do is limit Kamui's reclassing options to classes that can use swords. Admittedly this is pretty bad for his versatility as a unit, but if he gets Weapon Master or something at least he can cover some of his bases. Speaking of Weapon Master, even if Kamui starts off as a Nohr unit, I think he should get at least one reclass option that represents each country, so maybe Cavalier in addition to Samurai? Idk (this is also assuming that katana and swords would share weapon rank)

About dragonstone access, because transforming into a dragon is part of his character and is in his blood, it wouldn't seem that weird to me if he transformed in a cutscene even if his current class couldn't use dragonstones in combat, but maybe that's just me. On that note I think being able to use dragonstones in any class on top of the usual weapons is a bit ridiculous (but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility)

Edited by Bovinian

Tiki, Nowi, Nah, Panne and Yarne still counted as Dragons and Beasts regardless of what class they were.

That being said I doubt Kamui would have access to all classes like Robin did since there's no level resetting and you can't go from Promoted class > Base class, but Kamui and Aqua should have access to a few so they can acquire (at least) 6 skills.

Reclass is Satan.... Though it's an insult to Satan himself considering how cool he is. :p

Hmm jokes aside, how was reclassing in Awakening ? I mean, the news of reclassing ? Did the devs talked about it explicitly.or... ? Just to compare with what we have with If.

Right now, strangely enough, I can't see Kamui being able to reclass.

Even if he can't reclass into everything in a single run, allowing access to every class would produce more varied Kamuis, which can be useful for the My Castle content. Like I said before, I guess he'll be just limited by the route taken, especially with the way they keep talking about exclusive classes even though there seems to be ways to get most of them (even if only as generics).

The description of reclassing seemed pretty universal though. They never said anything about some units not being able to do it, just that each unit would have their own options.

Edited by NeonZ

If you chose/play Hoshido you have a confirmed three units, glasses guy is possible as well. Plus i am sure at least a couple people in Hoshido will have ninja as a parallel seal option. You might need the prison to get a full team though.

I want to reclass as a priest or a Rod Knight. This is the first time the Rod Knight class exists for males, and it would be stupid to waste the potential by not letting the players reclass into it. Besides, why would the parallel seal exist, if the lord cannot reclass? Why would the Avatar be the only one not to reclass? Just because of some stupid sword? That would be stupidity at its finest...

If I can't have the Lord reclass into any of the major classes I want (barring Songstress and the various manakete classes), then there's no point in buying the game... I don't mind if other characters can't reclass as much, but the Avatar is unique to the player. I don't prefer swords, I prefer tomes. They made it work in Awakening. Killing it now in If would be a really bad idea.

I want to reclass as a priest or a Rod Knight. This is the first time the Rod Knight class exists for males, and it would be stupid to waste the potential by not letting the players reclass into it. Besides, why would the parallel seal exist, if the lord cannot reclass? Why would the Avatar be the only one not to reclass? Just because of some stupid sword? That would be stupidity at its finest...

If I can't have the Lord reclass into any of the major classes I want (barring Songstress and the various manakete classes), then there's no point in buying the game... I don't mind if other characters can't reclass as much, but the Avatar is unique to the player. I don't prefer swords, I prefer tomes. They made it work in Awakening. Killing it now in If would be a really bad idea.

This has got to be one of the strangest dealbreaker conditions I've heard of yet. For most of the games you've been locked to a class and it's usually a sword user. Why is it suddenly a problem if you can't choose your class? And of all classes you want to reclass to, why a staff exclusive unit? The main character being unable to attack?

^ using a staff does grant you as much experience as you have staves on most maps that don't have turn limits (well with rescue/ward, with healing staves you also need a unit who can be damaged but not killed) And then you can get to be a strategist that much faster which has the tomes he prefers to use. And i kinda get wanting to be in a tome class, magic is fun. Kinda strange for a deal breaker i do admit. But then again there are no real deal-breakers for this game for me personally that i can think of. So i really find most deal-breaker conditions a tad strange by default.

^ using a staff does grant you as much experience as you have staves on most maps that don't have turn limits (well with rescue/ward, with healing staves you also need a unit who can be damaged but not killed) And then you can get to be a strategist that much faster which has the tomes he prefers to use. And i kinda get wanting to be in a tome class, magic is fun. Kinda strange for a deal breaker i do admit. But then again there are no real deal-breakers for this game for me personally that i can think of. So i really find most deal-breaker conditions a tad strange by default.

Admittedly the My Castle Face rubbing oddity speaks to me as IS running out of ideas and the weirdness of that could turn off people.

Edited by Neoleo21

^ i don't get that logic, most people who are turned off by the series recently seem to dislike the apparent focus on non main game stuff and yet think they are running out of ideas when they come up with a questionable non main game thing. From by understanding, the people who came up with the face rubbing are most likely completely different from the people who manage the things most people seem to care about. The Gameplay and Story people probably had barely anything to do with adding facerubbing.

I think it'd be ok if the main character was locked into one class. Keep them from becoming too much of an overpowered nightmare you could turn robin into. Plus it would help differentiate kamui from Robin. They aren't the same person and robins versatility vs Kamui having some inborn role and class seems kinda cool to me.

Kamui isn't just a "main character" though, he's an avatar. If they were going to limit his customization like that, they should have made Kamui a standard non-customizable protagonist and some companion of his the avatar.

Also, like I said before, limiting Kamui like that would mess up My Castle, since it'd basically make every Kamui the same aside from some minor stat changes.

Edited by NeonZ

Eh. Honestly I considered robin just a side mainish character you could customize, Kamui's pretty much the same thing. I don't see how she's different from Eliwood or ike or any other main characters we've had other than "you get to pick her looks". Which isn't that big a deal to me I guess? I don't mind versatility being a character trait of robins and not of kamuis.

That's the point though. You want to remove the gameplay customization of a character that's considered the "avatar" or "my unit", which makes no sense at all. In fact, you apparently want to make Kamui less customizable than standard characters, which is just crazy talk. Yeah, obviously, in several ways, Robin and likely Kamui are clearly characters on their own with their own personality, and the player has no input in their supports, for example, aside from choosing to get them, but i don't see how that means they should be even less player customizable.

Also, Kris could reclass too (although he was limited by class sets before unlocking free reclassing). Besides, as far as balance goes, the reclass system here is different from Awakening's, so far there doesn't seem to be second seals or some other way to reset a unit's level. So, we don't know if free reclassing here is even as powerful as in Awakening.

Like I said before, it'd mess up My Castle too. Do you really want to see every army led by virtually identical units?

Edited by NeonZ

The thing is, what's the point in giving Kamui access to classes like Priest, or Sage, or General, if he have a unique sword and the ability to use dragonstones ? Even if his reclassing poll is very small, it still doesn't make sense.

What was the issue again ? Also, how would it mess My Castle ?

The thing is, what's the point in giving Kamui access to classes like Priest, or Sage, or General, if he have a unique sword and the ability to use dragonstones ? Even if his reclassing poll is very small, it still doesn't make sense.

Manaketes and Taguel could reclass just fine in Awakening. And so could Chrom and Lucina (who could become archers/snipers by default, thus making them unable to wield the Falchion). This wasn't a problem there, I don't see why it's suddenly a issue here, especially with a character who's supposed to be customizable as a basic concept.

Besides, gameplay-wise, unique weapons didn't even end up that good in Awakening. Now, maybe they'll be better balanced here and won't fall behind standard weapons, but you'll likely have other options too.

What was the issue again ? Also, how would it mess My Castle ?

Because every team you face there would have a virtually identical unit as their leader, while if Kamui has reclassing you'll see a much bigger variety of units.

Edited by NeonZ

It's a problem, because Kamui have one PRF sword, and various kind of Dragonstones. He even have a rank.

Whereas Chrom and Lucina both had just one personal weapon each, the Taguel and Manakete had two different stones, without rank, Technically. Chrom had two weapons, but you see what I mean.

And the Exalted Falchion was probably Chrom's best weapon, so I don't think he really is a good example when I think about it. :p

Meh, to be honest I don't really care about online.
In the My Castle video, the Kamui's didn't seem to have different classes. :/

Edited by B.Leu