Character Reclass Options

Leif

It's a problem, because Kamui have one PRF sword, and various kind of Dragonstones. He even have a rank.

And...? I don't get it. You think it's a problem because it'd allow the player to just ignore those special weapons and go for other ones? Based on that, it sounds like you wish Kamui were equipment locked and couldn't even wield standard swords or leave that sword out of his nventory.

Besides, we don't know if Dragon Stones are kamui exclusive, do we? So far, he's the only unit able to use them, but I don't think they've been described as Kamui-only.

And the Exalted Falchion was probably Chrom's best weapon, so I don't think he really is a good example when I think about it. :p

A Brave sword still was better, especially when you added forging.

In the My Castle video, the Kamui's didn't seem to have different classes. :/

Outside of the demonstration of class changing itself, we haven't seen any units outside of their base class line.

Edited by NeonZ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forged weapons on Chrom is crap, since Chrom is crap. Exalted Falchion is way more than enough for him.

Brave sword for Chrom, holy crap the waste.

Well, so far, yeah, Dragonstones are for Kamui and Kamui only. Not for Aqua, Ryouma or Marx, only for Kamui.

It's not that I wish that Kamui was 'equipment locked', it's just that it would be stupid to use a sword or any normal weapons, when you have a freaking dragonstone that allows you to be a dragon, like I said in a different topic.

Then there is the Yatogami, but since we don't know anything about it, I can't say if it would be stupid or not to not use it or not.

Following that, why reclassing Kamui, when you have the ability to be a dragon ? That's dumb. Unless he can be dragon in all classes, or just to spend hours for skill farming. Oh wait

Well, that's a moot point since apparently, Kamui may or may not be able to use his transformation at will, which can means a lot of things, from not having it at first, or having it in some chapters....

But you know what I wish ? No reclassing at all. :p

Outside of the demonstration of class changing itself, we haven't seen any units outside of their base class line.

There was the Parralel seal, though I'm frankly way too tired to look at it right now. It's pretty tame from what I remember.

Edited by B.Leu

Well, so far, yeah, Dragonstones are for Kamui and Kamui only. Not for Aqua, Ryouma or Marx, only for Kamui.

They haven't been described as Kamui-only personal weapons though. That's what I meant. Yeah, so far, he's the only known unit that can use them. But they also aren't personal weapons as far as we know. Or am I mistaken and they've been described as personal weapons?

There was the Parralel seal, though I'm frankly way too tired to look at it right now. It's pretty tame from what I remember.

That's what I meant. The only time we've seen class changing (to a different base class, rather than a promotion) is when they were introducing the parallel seal. Outside of that, we haven't seen any units outside of their base class at all. So, I don't think Kamui not being shown in other classes means much.

Edited by NeonZ

They haven't been described as Kamui-only personal weapons though. That's what I meant. Yeah, so far, he's the only known unit that can use them. But they also aren't personal weapons as far as we know. Or am I mistaken and they've been described as personal weapons?

I think for now we can assume that the dragonstone is Kamui-only, since it seems pretty plot-centric to his character, and he has been described as having exceptionally powerful dragon blood even among the royalty. The main thing I could see happening that would refute this is if somewhere further in the story, Aqua is also revealed to have similar powers.

People saying access to infinite classes made Robin overpowered - that's not really true, at least ingame, it was more Veteran that made him gain levels ridiculously quickly. He wouldn't have had access to a majority of his skills for most of the game if he were only gaining exp at the rate of a normal unit. Hopefully neither of Kamui's Dark Prince skills are equally gamebreaking.

The thing is, what's the point in giving Kamui access to classes like Priest, or Sage, or General, if he have a unique sword and the ability to use dragonstones ? Even if his reclassing poll is very small, it still doesn't make sense.

What was the issue again ? Also, how would it mess My Castle ?

Because it's about the player's identity.

Not everything is from a gameplay perspective. The player would want Kamui to reflect their persona, if you will. Initially starting off as a healer is odd, I know, most people wouldn't do that, but that's what I would want my character to become. And in Awakening, I could at least do that.

It would be a shame if this game wasted the opportunity. It's important enough that it makes or breaks whether or not this game is better than Awakening.

The identity is already straight to the trash can since Kamui already have a canon name, an outfit, unique powers and weapons; he even have a defined personality.

Customization is good, but there's a moment where you just got to call BS, reclassing the freaking DRAGON into a Priest is dumb, except if you got to grind skills, which is still dumb, but in another way.

I agree, I want Kamui to reflect my personality too, but it's not going to happen. It didn't happen with Kris, it didn't happen with Robin, and it will certainly not happen with Kamui.

Edited by B.Leu

With Robin, you could write three lines for the Streetpass stuff. I'd guess there'll be something similar here too for My Castle streetpass/internet stuff. But, yeah, in the main game itself he'll likely have a defined personality. Although this time they are advertising player choice, so maybe there'll be something to that, like more dialogue choices, maybe even in the supports?

Still, I thought you were saying that you realistically thought that Kamui would have no class changes. If this is just about you disliking all that then that's another matter.

I doubt that dialogue choices will change Kamui's personality into your own. Dialogues choices would be nice though.

Yeah I dislike reclassing, it's not a secret ,thank you very much, and that's not my point, my point is, it's stupid to reclass Kamui, a freaking dragon, into pretty much everything else. Like a Priest.

Such 'customizations' is flat out dumb, except if you absolutely want to grind X skill, like I said, it's still dumb, but in another way.

I kill myself into saying the same thing again and again. :/

Edited by B.Leu

I doubt that dialogue choices will change Kamui's personality into your own. Dialogues choices would be nice though.

Yeah I dislike reclassing, it's not a secret ,thank you very much, and that's not my point, my point is, it's stupid to reclass Kamui, a freaking dragon, into pretty much everything else. Like a Priest.

Such 'customizations' is flat out dumb, except if you absolutely want to grind X skill, like I said, it's still dumb, but in another way.

I kill myself into saying the same thing again and again. :/

Well I dunno about that. Nah and Nowi were reclassable and it didn't seem that much of a problem. And besides that, Kamui is the Avatar. They are how the player inserts themselves into the game. Sure it doesn't work for everyone but there are a good number of people who like the option of making the character into whatever they personally want to be. If you don't want to reclass, that is perfectly fine with me but there are some people who like the option. Plus, just because he has dragon blood and is a dragon doesn't really mean he must absolutely be a dragon no matter what. Look at Nils! He's a half-dragon and he's a frickin bard.

Considering the tiny amount of viable classes for Nah and Nowi... :/

Nils doesn't count, he couldn't transform since he lost his dragonstone or whatever, and it's implied that his bard powers are of draconic origin.

The 'avatar' Kamui, already have his own set of powers, his outfit, and his own personality, like I said above, the player inserts aspect is deep into the trashcan like I said above (again).

It doesn't matter if Kamui is a dragon or not, I'm not sure what's the point you're trying to make, but Kamui can transform into a dragon, like I said above (once again), customization is all fine and dandy, but you got to call BS after a while.

You can argue it's a choice, but it's a stupid choice. That's why I think Kamui won't have much reclassing options.

Let's just agree to disagree okay ?

Edited by B.Leu

You can argue it's a choice, but it's a stupid choice. That's why I think Kamui won't have much reclassing options.

OOOOh. I thought you were saying that Kamui should have no reclass options. Okay, I should probably be more careful about what I say. I'm sorry about that. Yeah, I don't think Kamui will have as many as Robin either, adding to the reason that Robin had amnesia and so that explained it.

? Are all my discussions based arround lot of freaking quiproquo or what ? I have the feeling we all have a hard time understand each other, I apologize too, and I apologize again in advance. I too, should be more careful.

Edited by B.Leu

I agree, I want Kamui to reflect my personality too, but it's not going to happen. It didn't happen with Kris, it didn't happen with Robin, and it will certainly not happen with Kamui.

I would like that. Like that survey in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and then depending, you get slotted into 1 of 6 or so different personalities, stats are set to suit you, but if you don't like what you end up with, then choose manually. Then during the game, your character's personality will effect things differently, choose different dialog's depending and etc.

I think it's about time FE had this kind of freedom, but why isn't this made yet? Too much effort, not enough room, or too much freedom and IS not liking the general idea?

If I the created character could match my personality I would be exhilarated. The amount of writing that would go into supports for multiple personalities would be ridiculous though. Especially now with the three campaigns.

Ah if only... It's possible to do that, but it need effort, effort that no devs want to do.

It couldn't be that hard if they really wanted to do that, but It'll be hard though, and the final result might be flawed. :/

Pokemon Mystery dungeons had that ? The personality system than change things I mean.

I only played the first two on DS, I remember the 'questions whose answer will make you X pokemon, and give you (fairly useless) 'what's personality is' speech.

Edited by B.Leu

Ah if only...

Pokemon Mystery dungeons had that ? The personality system than change things I mean.

I only played the first two on DS, I remember the 'questions whose answer will make you X pokemon, and give you (fairly useless) 'what's personality is' speech.

They did it so it would fit the Pokemon you'd be to how you answered the survey and Pokemon act differently. I was simply using it as an example.

I highly doubt they would do this but I want kamui to only have two base classes. He/she will always have dark prince/princess but in the character creation screen you select the other class that he can reclass too. also It appears that dark prince/princess has a different promotion in each version.

I highly doubt they would do this but I want kamui to only have two base classes. He/she will always have dark prince/princess but in the character creation screen you select the other class that he can reclass too. also It appears that dark prince/princess has a different promotion in each version.

Yeah the class introduction shows his promotion for both sides. Naturally, due to Kamui's promotion being on the video I don't think that he will have a story promotion this time.

Did we learn what the default reclass options were for most of the characters?

Can Corrin choose any of the Nohr/Hoshido classes no matter what version/side is chosen?

Felicia reclasses to Hero, Bow Knight, Strategist

Odin reclasses to Myrmidon

Effie reclasses to Rod Knight

Harold reclasses to Cavalier

Cyrus reclasses to Mercenary

Avatar reclasses to the unit you chose in the beginning of the game (it is an option along with asset/flaw). I chose Mercenary and can reclass to Mercenary.

Felicia reclasses to Hero, Bow Knight, Strategist

Odin reclasses to Myrmidon

Effie reclasses to Rod Knight

Harold reclasses to Cavalier

Cyrus reclasses to Mercenary

Avatar reclasses to the unit you chose in the beginning of the game (it is an option along with asset/flaw). I chose Mercenary and can reclass to Mercenary.

I am sure by Myrmidon you mean Samurai right?

Also, I want to know if the Avatar can use a Hoshido reclass option on the Nohr path and vice versa?

I guess it would be a yes if Odin can be a Samurai in the Nohr route.

Edited by Leif

Lazward reclasses to Ninja so thats a yes.

Zero - dark mage

Aqua - peg knight

Luna - peg knight

Kaze - samurai

Camilla - sorc and dark knight

Elise - wyvern (lol)

Benoit - fighter

Charlotte - rod knight (loooooooooooooooooooooooool)

Nyx - archer (or i guess whatever zero is)

Pieri - dark mage

Belka - fighter

trainee girl - archer (hoshido one)

Lazward reclasses to Ninja so thats a yes.

Zero - dark mage

Aqua - peg knight

Luna - peg knight

Kaze - samurai

Camilla - sorc and dark knight

Elise - wyvern (lol)

Benoit - fighter

Charlotte - rod knight (loooooooooooooooooooooooool)

Nyx - archer (or i guess whatever zero is)

Pieri - dark mage

Belka - fighter

trainee girl - archer (hoshido one)

yay, more physically strong units with magical reclasses (and vice versa) =/

(Nyx's reclass is called Thief)

I was really hoping for Berserker (and Hero) Camilla...