New FE:if Introduction Trailer

Lushiris

YES, YES!!! Look at 2:03 in the introduction video. There is a generic female dark mage among the enemy units. Looks like we'll be getting random female generics for all classes! I am so excited.

Pretty sure generic Nohrian DM female was confirmed a few days ago. But still good news.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, random thought:

The theory that the blue-haired Bowman with the white headdress is the class-changed blue-haired maid is nothing new. But we now know the former is named “Setsuna,” almost certainly a Hoshidan name, so logically she can’t be the maid…unless we had it backwards. What if she was always Hoshidan, and was undercover as a maid to give Hoshido access to the Nohr castle? It would explain why we haven’t seen the blue haired maid in battle despite being significant enough to warrant space on the boxart. It’s also consistent with the notion that we wouldn’t be given 2 of the same promoted class early on, only Felicia/Joker.

tRZvL6y.jpg

Damn, why can't we have a playable character with design like this??? Can we capture this dude?

Oh look, it's Radi Jaeger.

Edited by Duke

I am HYPED... except for the Norhian Shapeshifter.... they look.. not pretty. At all. WHY DOES HOSHIDO GET THE PRETTY SHAPESHIFTING BOY NIIIISHIIIIIIKIIIIIII

I never knew shapeshifters had to be "pretty" lol

Okay, random thought:

The theory that the blue-haired Bowman with the white headdress is the class-changed blue-haired maid is nothing new. But we now know the former is named “Setsuna,” almost certainly a Hoshidan name, so logically she can’t be the maid…unless we had it backwards. What if she was always Hoshidan, and was undercover as a maid to give Hoshido access to the Nohr castle? It would explain why we haven’t seen the blue haired maid in battle despite being significant enough to warrant space on the boxart. It’s also consistent with the notion that we wouldn’t be given 2 of the same promoted class early on, only Felicia/Joker.

If so why is she on the Nohr boxart?

Then again my idea is that she is a spy for Garon, and the boxart doesn't make much sense in that case either.

When the royalty use Dragon's vein, I see cut-ins of various animals. I saw a tiger, a phoenix, and a serpent. I wonder if the animals will be based on the Chinese zodiac?

Edited by Leif

Maybe she's Hosh

Okay, random thought:

If so why is she on the Nohr boxart?
Then again my idea is that she is a spy for Garon, and the boxart doesn't make much sense in that case either.

Maybe she's from Hoshido, but grew up in Nohr? Though that would also raise the question as to why she would be the maid on the Nohr art, since both her and Felicia seem to join you regardless.

When the royalty use Dragon's vein, I see cut-ins of various animals. I saw a tiger, a phoenix, and a serpent. I wonder if the animals will be based on the Chinese zodiac?

No Phoenix in the zodiac. More likely the serpent was a dragon and the animals are the Four Symbols.

Strangely, there are 6 creatures shown. Kamui's is the one on the bottom left (you can see its tail) and Camilla's the bottom right (the bird wings).

Edited by Ryo

Strangely, there are 6 creatures shown. Kamui's is the one on the bottom left (you can see its tail) and Camilla's the bottom right (the bird wings).

So they are. Though I'd guess it's probably 8 total given the octagonal composition. In that case I got nothing. Maybe they are all just different dragons (and they insist the "phoenix" is just another type of dragon).

It would be interesting if Aqua turned out to be the final villain. It would also explain the choking.

I think it's more likely that Kamui is under control by some kind of Necromancer(might be Garon's guard, have a bad feeling about him/her). And the Necromancer is forcing Kamui to kill Aqua to obtain the Fire Emblem(her necklace).

It looks like Lilith the dragon/fish/dratini/whatever is actually a part of the story, as it's shown in a cutscene during the story part of the 7 minute video:

nSzUI41.gif

I love the look on its face, it's just like "pls no"

Also Ryouma and his soldiers draw their swords and look like they're going to fight you in the same scene, so maybe you take Lilith to Nohr with you?

Or they might be different scenes, it's hard to tell.

Edited by Espella

I'm thinking that maybe Kamui and Aqua have the blood of two dragons who fought in ancient history or something like that, leading to unwanted conflict between them when their draconic sides come to the fore, but I dunno. I'm just guessing at this point.

No Phoenix in the zodiac. More likely the serpent was a dragon and the animals are the Four Symbols.

I know there isn't a Phoenix, it could have been a fancy Rooster. I thought Phoenix would fit the whole "fire" theme, since her power dried up the river. Well, Roosters do call when the sun comes up, so that I guess makes a decent parallel.

Okay, random thought:

While they might all look like anime characters to us, I'm fairly certain that Hoshidans and Nohrians are supposed to be ethnically different so you'd think they'd realize if one of their key retainers wasn't from Nohr.

At 4:43, did that character look like Noire to anyone else?

Noire was my first thought as well.

Oh look, it's Radi Jaeger.

Fun fact: The dude who voiced Jaeger will be voicing Garon.

I never knew shapeshifters had to be "pretty" lol

Of the other shapeshifters in the series, they're either some sort of girl (Myrrh), drop-dead sexy (Volug, Tibarn), Really Friggin' Huge (Skrimir), or elderly (Bantu). I suppose the Nohr shifter will fall under drop-dead sexy. I hope.

There is a vermillion bird, though.

---

Nintendo keeps teasing us with information! I wonder if Kamui's refusal to execute Suzukaze will kick off the beginning of the Nohr arc?

---

Nintendo keeps teasing us with information! I wonder if Kamui's refusal to execute Suzukaze will kick off the beginning of the Nohr arc?

At the same time it would provide a pretty convinving argument why Suzukaze sticks with Kamui.

Of the other shapeshifters in the series, they're either some sort of girl (Myrrh), drop-dead sexy (Volug, Tibarn), Really Friggin' Huge (Skrimir), or elderly (Bantu). I suppose the Nohr shifter will fall under drop-dead sexy. I hope.

---

High-five!

Also that would be so cool if Kamui not wanting to kill Suzukaze is the reason why he joins. I know he's not tied to anyone but it still makes me wonder why he'd leave his brother and his people just to follow one person around. Whatever the reason, I hope it's something better than "well I don't work for anyone so why not"